New Mda Flying

MDA is suppose to be flying to CLT in June, yet we cant find the city pairs.

I've lost track...how many planes does MAA have now? When is the next delivery supposed to take place? And for the last time, is it MAA or MDA? For cryin' out loud.

Currently 8 aircraft. I don't know when delilveries are scheduled.

July MAA citypairs.

ABE/PHL MCI/DCA PIT/EWR
ALB/PIT MCI/PHL PIT/IND
ATL/PIT MCI/PIT PIT/MCI
BNA/PHL PHL/ABE PIT/PHL
BNA/PIT PHL/BNA PIT/PWM
BOS/PIT PHL/IAH PIT/ROC
BUF/DCA PHL/MCI PIT/SYR
BUF/PIT PHL/PIT PWM/PHL
DCA/BUF PHL/PWM PWM/PIT
DCA/MCI PHL/ROC ROC/PHL
DCA/PIT PIT/ALB ROC/PIT
DCA/SYR PIT/ATL SYR/ALB
EWR/PIT PIT/BNA SYR/PHL
IAH/PHL PIT/BOS SYR/PIT
IND/PIT PIT/DCA

About one new EMB-170 aircraft will be delivered per week between now and the end of the year, unless GECAS pulls their financing.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

GECAS is only providing financing for about 30 aircraft which Embraer has said they would pick up if need be....

This may be a dumb (and/or obvious) question for many, but I would like to know what happens to the Embraer division if bankruptcy occurs again. Will they stop taking deliveries of planes or does bankruptcy mean that everything comes to a halt as far as MAA goes? I'm not up on that type of legal stuff. :huh:

In a bankruptcy filing MAA is a part of the company and as such, will be part of the debtor.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Presumably, GECAS would hold deliveries until the outcome was clear.

Clear, in the event that it happens, would be completely up in the air.

I had DTW-PIT on Mesa (IIRC) some time back--presumably MAA is an upgrade in service.

I take it that US can slide -170s into DCA in "express" slots?

It seems strange to me that U would have ONLY EMBs on PHL-IAH. That's a pretty long flight, and I'm sure some pax appreciate a first class cabin. But maybe the other shoe is going to be Airbus/737 from IAH to LGA/BOS/DCA/CLT.

I do like the increase in mainline at MSY, but that's another thread. Are some of you more convinced that U is actually going to implement a new business model, or do you have more objections? Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

Back