PHL-LAS trip report

PHL

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
So I took the 1120am PHL-LAS flight a few days ago on a 757 configured with 8F seats.

Upon boarding, I was warmly greeted by a friendly male FA at the 2L door. Before I could even sit down in 1D, another male FA graciously offered to hang my coat. I'm thinking "Now THIS is the USAirways I remember from before". He came around and took drink orders as well. So far so good!

We were rolling down the runway not long after our departure time (earlier rain had broken into clear skies - all ops were looking good!). After take off the next round of drinks came out, again with very friendly service.

The lunch choice was either a warm pastrami(?) or some kind of beef sandwich with a potato salad or a cold BBQ grilled chicken salad. I chose the salad. It and desert were great (I think it was chocolate pecan pie?). The FA always came around to make sure the *CUP* was full.

Now for my
1.) US East still do NOT HAVE GLASSWARE!!! What is the problem Tempe??! My friend flew a later PHL-LAS flight on US-West metal, with a US-West crew. He had glassware. Is this one airline or not???

2.) Please add a row or two of F on the 757. And, give more legroom to the rows behind 1. I purposely chose a seat in row because I know that row 2 isn't much better than economy. And looking back at my neighbor in 2C, it was sad to see how crammed in he was with the person in front of him reclining. The seats are ratty and worn, and they are just plain uncomfortable. And why shouldn't they be - they're over 10 years old!

3.) Why did my bag, tagged with an orange priority tag, come out a good 15 minutes after the flight's bags started funneling down the carousel belt? And, not ONE other bag had an orange priority tag on it. Hey - if you're going to throw my bag on the belt with the rest of them I'm fine with that. Just don't tease me with this transparent benefit that you can't deliver on.

But overall, I was happy to see some nice changes in the cabin service. The staff I encountered throughout the trip were all very nice, too (yes, at PHL airport!).

PHL- glad to hear you had a nice service from your inflight staff.. :up:

I hope you provided them with some A&Bs or better yet, wrote a letter to corporate stating your pleasant experience with the inflight crew on that said flight. All it takes is the flight number, date. The kudos are always a good thing to receive....it keeps those employees happy and in turn, they continue to provide a pleasant experience on their future flights.

Sometimes, when you continue to provide excellence and it goes unoticed, you can become a Debbie Downer and then start to provide substandard service.

Glad the crew was nice and the flight pleasant.

You won't see glassware unless they admit their fault with tearing out vital parts of the forward cabin on certain types in the fleet. You're far more likely to see the glassware removed from the much smaller west fleet.

I have to say, I always wonder why posters specify what kind of genitalia thier cabin crewmembers have? Same with pilots- the lady pilot, the male flight attendant? Why is this? Maybe I'm not paying attention but I don't notice people saying the male bank teller or the female bus driver or the male auto mechanic? Just wondering...?

I have the pleasure of riding on a US B752 today (tonight actually)....I've avoided this airplane like the plague. My last ride on one was July 2005 because I think this airplane, from a customer perspective, is completely unacceptable.

But, at some point, my desire to get home overrode my disdain for this airplane.....

We have no intention of acquiring any more glasswhare. Just use up what we have.
You are still on US, so glass is not needed for you.

Hola, Tempe calling,

Al we need you to get back to work demolishing employee moral and customer service standards. Obviously you aren't doing your job with trip reports such as these. Bad Al, no access to Dougie's minibar for a week.

Here's two pics. One was my meal. The other is the pic that went into USAirways' press release in early Dec. 2007. What do you see as the main difference. I'll give you a hint...it has liquid in it. That's right. GLASSWARE!!

My return flight (415pm departure from Vegas) had a selection of a turkey sandwich and salad, or a plate of pasta and shrimp. Not too bad. And the warm, soft choc chip cookie was a nice touch on the dessert.

Attachments

• firstfood.jpg
    firstfood.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 131
  • img007.jpg
    img007.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 136
Here's two pics. One was my meal. The other is the pic that went into USAirways' press release in early Dec. 2007. What do you see as the main difference. I'll give you a hint...it has liquid in it. That's right. GLASSWARE!!

My return flight (415pm departure from Vegas) had a selection of a turkey sandwich and salad, or a plate of pasta and shrimp. Not too bad. And the warm, soft choc chip cookie was a nice touch on the dessert.
I took the 415pm flt las-phl last week. my seatmate had the shrimp/pasta and liked it. it had what had to be described as the worst excuse of a sandwich EVER. I asked the f/a if what they were selling in coach was available and she said no, that they only put a limited supply on to reduce waste.

Here's the kicker, I honestly believe that that I only got half the sandwich, because at the end of the flt, the f/a up front was emptying contents left and right into his personal cooler and inside was half a sandwich. all i had to do was laugh at the pathetic end and hoped he held his breath as he ate it.

On the return flt, I got my fair share of good ol' customer service from usair. Go to the first class check and there is ONE agent training 2 newhire's, no baggage helper's and this was on a thursday evening. We got directed to go to the ticket counter at the other end and end up with some more newbie's. Each agent is working two kisosk's pulling tag's and the one we get is slooooow. if that wasn't bad enough, the agent next to her refused to help her and she kept directing more customer's to the kisok's. this poor girl had at least 20 bag tags, was having a hard time reading them and didn't know which end was up.