Mini Trip Report--the 320 and Mesa

The 319 closets are a totally different size than the long lost 320 closet. I just don't understand the difference. If the west layout on a 319 has 22 rows with three being coach with the same seat pitch how in the hell do we fit closets? Something isn't right. Do the west 319's have that skimpy wall like the 320 does at the entry door?

The 319 closets are a totally different size than the long lost 320 closet. I just don't understand the difference. If the west layout on a 319 has 22 rows with three being coach with the same seat pitch how in the hell do we fit closets? Something isn't right. Do the west 319's have that skimpy wall like the 320 does at the entry door?
yes we do have that skimpy wall, so don't know how they still kept the closet on the 319...

Hmm the only logical explanation is that our east 319's have less legroom than the west then. With closets up front, 22 rows and two lavs before the 2L/2R door it must have less space. NICE, VERY VERY NICE. :rolleyes:

The Chinese and Mexicans are rather short people for a rule, maybe Tempe thinks everybody's that size.

What's next 7 seats across? Everybody gonna have to be under 100 pounds. Maybe I should say that, it may give them an idea. But then again, Tempe probably does not read any ideas.
Finally someone got a chuckle out of me. Anyone oversize try 6d on large planes.

Early to the airport, as the boss had an earlier flight--got on the First/Preferred line (only one on the line), and was completely ignored for about 10 min, while the agents took care of people on the regular line or those checking bags at the kiosk. It took an agent coming off break to look up and see there was a F/P customer waiting. Not an issue, just interesting.

I am shocked at this. Miami is one of my 5 favorite stations. I find them to be helpful, super friendly, knowledgeable, and they have gone out of their way for me--Even on the day that the hurricane was going to hit in August. I think you just caught them on a bad day--at least I hope so, because they are usually great there.

US1YFARE,

This was merely an observation, not a complaint. I have always found the Miami folks to be exemplary, but one of my friends who worked there for years told me that the ticket counter was a problem, and they were working on it.

It's no big deal, just that no one working looked up to see if anyone was on the preferred line--I did get taken care of and shared some laughs afterward with the folks there.

The Mesa experience was much more worrisome.

I believe, and I could be wrong, that by putting the four additonal seats in the exit row, the seating configuration matches America West. When they removed the f/c seats, closet and galley and added more Y seats, the 320 now matches the America West configuration. If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me.

sky high states: As per Seatguru.com and Seatexpert.com...this is NOT the case, matching configurations. These sites show AWA with 150 total seats and US with 142 total seats.

http://seatguru.com/airlines/US_Airways/US...Airbus_A320.php

http://seatguru.com/airlines/America_West_...Airbus_A320.php

only stating opinions

I faxed a letter to Customer Relations (480) 693-2300 on January 21 after my hideous experience on this aircraft. No response as of yet.

sky high states: WWW.USAIRWAYS.COM/FEEDBACK is the email address

ONLY stating opinions

Hmm the only logical explanation is that our east 319's have less legroom than the west then. With closets up front, 22 rows and two lavs before the 2L/2R door it must have less space. NICE, VERY VERY NICE. :rolleyes:

sky high states: Interesting find on seatguru.com. It says AWA has a seat pitch of 30 to 32 inches. US is 32 inches.

seatexpert.com:
USAIRWAYS:
Cabin # Seats Pitch Width
First Class 12 37 21
Economy Class 108 32 18

AMERICA WEST:
Cabin # Seats Pitch Width
First Class: 12 36 20
Economy Class: 112 30-32 17.2

only stating opinions

I don't believe that Seat Guru has fully updated the site yet. While they have removed one row of F and replaced it with a row of coach, they still need to add one more of coach (US' only shows 25 rows while HPs is 26 rows) Also, they have not changed the specifications yet.

I don't believe that Seat Guru has fully updated the site yet. While they have removed one row of F and replaced it with a row of coach, they still need to add one more of coach (US' only shows 25 rows while HPs is 26 rows) Also, they have not changed the specifications yet.

SKY high states: Your CORRECT. I checked out several sites and visually looked at how many rows each plane had and overlooked the fact that the U A320 still shows 16 F seats on the chart........all sites are NOT showing the new configurations. Nice job, Future. and, sorry--Peter P

http://www.lovemyseat.com/

http://www.seatexpert.com/

http://seatguru.com/

only stating opinions

My question is why didnt they remove the closets from the 319? The west doesn't have them so why do we still? They already reconfigured the 319 so that struck me as odd.
DON'T give one of the idiots in the Asylum ANOTHER project to "F" Up! IF(and that is really pressuring the Sandcastle) would have made the A319/320 entry and F/C cabin THE SAME as the 319 <Two small closets/video/safety equip ALL contained in minimal space> they could have still removed 4 F/C seats and slid another row of Coach onto the A320. What HAS BEEN Done is probably one of the WORST cabin configs in MY 27years....what in the hell was THAT Moron thinking??? The F/C galley is a damn joke- absolutely minimal working space, no galley curtains and No storage space. (Personally I would like to take the idiot and knock his head into one of those NEW bulkheads, maybe that WILL WAKE Him/Her UP for Christ Sake! :lol:

I was talking to an agent in BDL this morning and he said that after dealing with quite a few of them from management there in January he figured them out. They think they are absolutely brilliant. Like they are inventing the wheel. You CANNOT tell them ANYTHING. They WILL NOT listen and they will continue on with their mission. Almost clone like. I can imagine them figuring this out in their heads with their eyes swirling..."must reconfigure the a320, must reconfigure the a320". "This is the best solution, this is the best solution". They are really like robots.

I think the airline has 30 days in which to respond or something to that effect. I'm lead to believer that the DOT monitors response time.

If that's correct then logic would dictate on day 32 you file a compliant for non-response with the DOT!
It was always my understanding if you write directly to the airline, it's not a reportable complaint. It's the complaints that the DOT receives that are in all the reports.

We were told that a long time ago when there were comment cards available everywhere.