Mike Hurley

Emil.Howes

Senior
Contributor
May 13, 2005
San Francisco
This doesn't really surprise me.

The Transport Workers Union of America AFL-CIO, held a job fair at MCI, I believe AVTECH or some other scab hiring outfit was there to take applications from laid-off TWU members.

Recruiting Scabs, Becoming Scabs, makes no difference to the AFL-CIO selfish leaders.

Now this is indeed an embarassment for the IAM!!!!! Any IAM members opinion on this? His excuse is he did not believe in AMFA as the article states? Any different than if the ramp would strike and he would cross an IAM picket line to work, I would think not!! This man is truly a SCAB!!!! A little damage control from the IAM is in order perhaps?

Hey! Don't paint all of us IAM members @NW with the same brush as Hurley. Scabbing is scabbing.

This is further proof of the disconnect between the IAM leadership's (past and present)mentality and that of the "floor."

Kev3188 said:
Hey! Don't paint all of us IAM members @NW with the same brush as Hurley. Scabbing is scabbing.

This is further proof of the disconnect between the IAM leadership's (past and present)mentality and that of the "floor."
[post="304685"][/post]​

Kev3188,

I am not painting you with this brush, your IAM local is doing this for you, not I.
I know most 'union' minded people 'hurl' at these actions and I do not blame you one iota.

It is what it is my Friend, not of my making.
Maybe you should share your discontent with your union reps!!

Take Care,
B) BigE

AP Tech said:
Now this is indeed an embarassment for the IAM!!!!! Any IAM members opinion on this? His excuse is he did not believe in AMFA as the article states? Any different than if the ramp would strike and he would cross an IAM picket line to work, I would think not!! This man is truly a SCAB!!!! A little damage control from the IAM is in order perhaps?
[post="304357"][/post]​
I think the IAM has already damaged their own members by selling out their own during US Airways 2 trips thru bk! I think theyre beyond damage control!

robbedagain said:
I think the IAM has already damaged their own members by selling out their own during US Airways 2 trips thru bk! I think theyre beyond damage control!
[post="304881"][/post]​
Like the twu, the iam is nothing but a tool of management. Over on the iam sponsered 'Nuts BB, the web-scabmaster has a statement that the iam has never agreed to outsourcing. Doubletake....huh???? I wonder who let the DC-10's and 747's go to SASCO in 1995? I know, it had to be AMFA's fault. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Nice kids, he must really be proud!!! Very well spoken, that is the words you could understand between the "beeps"

Emil.Howes said:
Kev3188,

I am not painting you with this brush, your IAM local is doing this for you, not I.
I know most 'union' minded people 'hurl' at these actions and I do not blame you one iota.

It is what it is my Friend, not of my making.
Maybe you should share your discontent with your union reps!!

Take Care,
B) BigE
[post="304696"][/post]​
Would you prefer that those IAM members who are walking the line and holding those signs in support of AMFA stop doing so just because they belong to the IAM?

I agree with Kev3188. A few bad apples doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

Do you guys realize that people really don't care about your unions? In a time that unemployment is on the rise and the current beating the us is taking from hurricanes leaving hundreds of thousands of people homeless and jobless your views on Northwest are mute. I wonder if Northwest timed this strike to correlate with these natural disasters to make AMFA look like fools.

Red Tail Bear said:
Would you prefer that those IAM members who are walking the line and holding those signs in support of AMFA stop doing so just because they belong to the IAM?

I agree with Kev3188. A few bad apples doesn't spoil the whole bunch.
[post="305017"][/post]​

Did I implicate otherwise?
I agree with Kev3188 as well.

What is your point Red Tail Bear?

Take Care,
-BigE