Mobility Impaired, the PHL F Terminal and Express

Revolutions

Jan 8, 2004
Hello All,

Its been a looong time since i had the ahem...pleasure of navigating PHL and had a question about the PHL F Terminal. Do all express aircraft except for the ERJ17X series still use F Exclusively?

I am trying to get two mobility impaired PAX from PIT-PHL-SWF. The are going to be on a Dash-8 from PHL to SWF, but if they have to go to the F Terminal anyway, I'd rather them take a CRJ from PIT-PHL as opposed to fighting from mainline gates to the F Terminal.

Also, for a bonus question, do they use jet bridges to the CRJs and Erj17X in PIT? Or will US end up sending them down multiple flights of stairs to get to the tarmac

THANKS!!

Hello All,

Its been a looong time since i had the ahem...pleasure of navigating PHL and had a question about the PHL F Terminal. Do all express aircraft except for the ERJ17X series still use F Exclusively?

I am trying to get two mobility impaired PAX from PIT-PHL-SWF. The are going to be on a Dash-8 from PHL to SWF, but if they have to go to the F Terminal anyway, I'd rather them take a CRJ from PIT-PHL as opposed to fighting from mainline gates to the F Terminal.

Also, for a bonus question, do they use jet bridges to the CRJs and Erj17X in PIT? Or will US end up sending them down multiple flights of stairs to get to the tarmac

THANKS!!

CRJs/DH8s use the F terminal in PHL exclusively. E17x does not.

CRJ gates with jetways are about 50/50 - sometimes you get one sometimes you dont. Both the DH8 and CRJ have the option of using a 'PLD' aka 'Ramp' to assist customers who cannot do stairs.

Lifts are mandatory for passengers needing them. No one who can't use stairs has to use stairs.

Request the equipment. If no one has the energy to provide one, request a Complaint Resolution Officer (CRO).

In PHL you will get a bumbling idiot, but it makes filing a complaint with the DOT valid. Get names, don't take excuses.

CRJs/DH8s use the F terminal in PHL exclusively. E17x does not.

CRJ gates with jetways are about 50/50 - sometimes you get one sometimes you dont. Both the DH8 and CRJ have the option of using a 'PLD' aka 'Ramp' to assist customers who cannot do stairs.
I would say the "odds" of a jetway for a CRJ in F terminal are much greater than 50/50. The only gate I' have ever seen a CRJ on without a jetway is F-8, and that only takes place 2-3 times per day. If they can stay within terminal F for their connection, that would be great just to avoid the shuttle bus.

The only flight from PIT that will keep you entirely in F Terminal is 3994, which is a CRJ-200. F-Terminal is 99% jetway for CRJ's, with the only exception being F-8 twice daily. All other gates for jets are jetway gates.

The Dash-8 planes require the use of the Passenger Ramp, which is provided as required. Just make sure the passenger records state MAAS and the Car dept. will have a cart at the inbound gate to take the passengers to the next flight.

If you chose to use a different inbound flight, you will be on A/B/C somewhere, and will need to get a cart to C-16 to catch the bus to F terminal. The 0715 PIT-PHL flight usually comes into A West, so I would avoid that inbound.

Feel free to contact me with the details of your trip (via private message) and I will help ensure your trip goes as planned. We aren't all "bumbling idiots". I would say mainline has more of them working than Express in PHL.

Thanks to you all. This is very helpful! Does anyone know if they run jet bridges to the CRJs in PIT?

Thanks to you all. This is very helpful! Does anyone know if they run jet bridges to the CRJs in PIT?

Yes, all jets are jetbridged in PIT. If you book on any flight PIT-PHL, you will have jetbridges at both ends. I did a search on SWF flights, and currently all of the flights out of PHL are on CRJs. There are no Dash-8 flights to SWF. I know in the past there have been, and I'm sure this summer they will add a Dash or 2, but if you plan right you should have jet service the entire trip, which would allow your passengers to travel 100% jetway. Again, if I can be of help please contact me.

Latest posts