Sherri Shamblin Coming to PIT to meet w/ F/As

On a side note regarding the recalls: Will there be no recalls to PHL as previously stated? According to this, it sounds as if recalls will only be needed to fill positions in BOS, LGA and DCA. Are 90 recalls really needed to be spread over just these 3 small bases? If so, good luck finding 90 people who want to return to any of these 3 listed above.

I really don't see this as a problem. If they go all the way through the invol list and come back UP...those junior f/as must come back or resign. If they go through all...they will then go into the vol list in inverse order.

The way I look at this....it is a great way to "shake off the dead leaves". We need to clean up the list....too many people on way too many different leaves just taking up a seniority number.....

Just my opinion

You people??!! YOU PEOPLE???!!!!!! We have a better quality of life here in the South. All you have to do here is to look around- or listen. We are inundated with people from above the Mason-Dixon Line who crave our way of life, pull up their stakes and move down here. I have met several people from New York who just stopped for gas here or were visiting friends and never left. What a nasty statement. And a very sad one. Glad to see your new life away from Usair is working out for you.
Oh Really? Well, it is less expensive anyway...maybe those New Yorkers couldn't make it up north.

We have a better quality of life here in the South.
Quality of Life does not matter if it's South, East, North,Central, West. It is what one makes out of it themselves.

All you have to do here is to look around- or listen.
What, listen to Country music singing about a love affair gone bad? I can listen to some Country, but it gets old rather fast. And NASCAR? Its like watching the WWE! The races are rigged.

We are inundated with people from above the Mason-Dixon Line who crave our way of life,
I go down to South Carolina to get my fireworks for the 4th of July! That is the only reason you'll see me down there. And I don't like all that humidity along with all the bugs, had enough of them at Ft. Jackson.

Like the west coast, this is a way to "shake the tree". Who is willing to make the commute to PHL,CLT etc. It never is a pretty picture and the past may forecast the future. It is unfortunate for people to be inconviened? for commuting. The hassle for the PIT people, the inconvience for the drop in seniority for the people where they end up. Not good for anyone. The preassure is on.

You people??!! YOU PEOPLE???!!!!!! We have a better quality of life here in the South. All you have to do here is to look around- or listen. We are inundated with people from above the Mason-Dixon Line who crave our way of life, pull up their stakes and move down here. I have met several people from New York who just stopped for gas here or were visiting friends and never left. What a nasty statement. And a very sad one. Glad to see your new life away from Usair is working out for you.
Hula-- when I was a different entity on here you thought me insane, [we exchnaged PM's] and I felt that way about you too and still do...glad you're down there and I am up here.

Also, I am not from NY and Thank God

If anyone wants to know why we'll get screwed again by management, look no further than the infighting on this thread. He said, she said. CLT sucks, PHL sucks, PIT sucks. Cool Northern efficiency, Southern hospitality. REMEMBER FOLKS, THE REAL ENEMIES ARE THE SCORPIONS LIVING IN THE ARIZONA DESERT!!! They aren't those residing on the banks of the Allegheny, Monongahela, Ohio, Hudson, Charles, Potomac, Catawba, or Delaware rivers. They are in a glass and steel mid-rise building on the banks of the Salt River in Tempe, Arizona--a stream that is bone dry the vast majority of the year.

Anything to report from the meeting in PIT yet?
The PIT meeting last Monday was attended by about 20 F/As. Only two that will be displaced on June 1st were able to attend as six are TDY in BOS and others were out flying due to the mini-meltdown at Easter. I applaud every f/A that came to the meeting. They were very well spoken and well informed. Shamblin did most of the listening and Finn did most of the talking as he is the "numbers" guy as Shamblin called him.
A lot of great questions were asked and ideas introduced as we in PIT believe that (as stated in the CLT meeting) "displacement should be the last thing to do."
One of the first things that Shamblin said was that they were "shocked" at the response from the East F/As about displacements. To quote Mike Finn they were told this would be a "non-issue" because F/As in the East are used to be shuffled around. I guess they think spending a day away from your family just trying to get on a plane to get to work is a "non-issue"---make them fly space available with their jr. seniority to get to their meetings---that's what I say. I have written to Mike and asked that he let us know who it was that told him that displacements are a "non-issue." I will ask again in person at Mondays meeting.
Mike was also asked about why they just keep shoving flights into PHL. An article from the Post-Gazette was introduced where it stated that traffic in PIT is up 30% and Southwest is up to 50 flights per day. To be blunt, someone asked why the company was trying to pack 10lbs of crap into a 5lb. bag. Finn's response was actually sad...he said "I don't know." He has been asked to be ready to answer that question at Mondays meeting as well.
It will be very interesting on Monday...below is the PIT Local 40 E-Line.

Notice of displacement meeting

There will be another much needed meeting concerning displacements and Scott Kirby's letter. This second meeting will give our 40 displaced PIT flight attendants a chance to be heard since many were assigned trips and were unable to attend the first meeting. The date, time and location for this meeting is listed below.

In unity,

Mark Gentile
LECP - Council 40
[email protected]

-------

Subject: FA Displacement Meeting

Sherri Shamblin, Vice President - InFlight Services and Mike Finn, Managing Director, Crew Resources, will be conducting a follow-up meeting on Monday, April 16th from 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the end of the B Concourse in the Pittsburgh International Airport (Airside Terminal).

This meeting is a follow-up to the one that was held on Monday, April 9th. Your participation in this meeting is greatly appreciated.

....Mike was also asked about why they just keep shoving flights into PHL. An article from the Post-Gazette was introduced where it stated that traffic in PIT is up 30% and Southwest is up to 50 flights per day.... To be blunt, someone asked why the company was trying to pack 10lbs of crap into a 5lb. bag. Finn's response was actually sad...he said "I don't know." He has been asked to be ready to answer that question at Mondays meeting as well.
It will be very interesting on Monday...

I don't know where the referenced data is coming from, but Southwest has only about 25 flights/day out of PIT, not 50 and the 2005-2006 passenger traffic for all PIT airlines is Down almost 5%, not Up 30%. It's surprising that neither the "Vice President - InFlight Services, or the Managing Director, Crew Resources", couldn't correctly respond immediately to the ? about PHL - Answer: "Because that's where the passengers = revenue = profits are".

To quote Mike Finn they were told this would be a "non-issue" because F/As in the East are used to be shuffled around. I have written to Mike and asked that he let us know who it was that told him that displacements are a "non-issue." I will ask again in person at Mondays meeting.

[/b]
Hmmm.. I am sure it was the person behind this displacement to begin with. The person in charge of staffing the flight attendant bases, no other that than the DIRECTOR of Inflight Staffing, PK.

You people down south just lay down and why many companies are down there exploiting the passive peaceful God fearing southern employees. Companies avoid people who know how to make a stand for what‘s only right. Sociopath executives thrive in an environment of submissive drones.

You ignorant ass people need to do the world a favor and shut the f :censored: up! I am so sick of people making fun of people from the South! Just because someone is from the South doesn't mean he/she is a savage or a person who just rolls over and allows others to exploit him/her. I'm from the South and I'm not submissive nor am I ignorant! Hell, I don't even believe in God. How's that for a God fearing Southern girl? Honey, you want to talk about people from the South I will GIVE you something to talk about. You just wait!

I thought this blog was about Sherri Shamblin coming to PIT, not the Civil War...
OK Tell me who wrote this below, that will tell you who?

You ignorant ass people need to do the world a favor and shut the f :censored: up! I am so sick of people making fun of people from the South! Just because someone is from the South doesn't mean he/she is a savage or a person who just rolls over and allows others to exploit him/her. I'm from the South and I'm not submissive nor am I ignorant! Hell, I don't even believe in God. How's that for a God fearing Southern girl? Honey, you want to talk about people from the South I will GIVE you something to talk about. You just wait!

Whoa! Have a drink and lighten up.