More AA & Outsourcing at MIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to be the case at most airlines - the employees moan and groan about concessions that were "forced up them" but in nearly every case when the individual employee voted they decided that accepting the concessions was better that the possible alternative - looking for a new job. I know that you read the US forum, FWAAA, so you're familiar with the "ALPA did it" mentality but when the various concessions were being voted on all I heard was "I can't afford to start over."

And for Bob, those concessions at US started in 1992 and every agreement since then has been concessionary, so you'll have to excuse me for not shedding tears over your relatively small give backs.

Jim

No, their wage expense is their only large expense and is likely the vast majority of their expenses.

You overstate the power of bankruptcy court judges. They have no power to compel vendors to sell to the bankrupt companies or to set the prices for commodities like oil.
Really? Where does it say that? It they can force labor to set their prices then why couldnt they force other vendors as well?

Correct, you can't strike, but each of you has now had 6.5 years to find something more lucrative than working for a company constantly flirting with insolvency.

Was there ever an extended period of time where most of the industry wasnt flirting with insolvency?

And if oil had't hit $147 last year in its three year price spike and if the economy hadn't tanked last year, some restoration might have been possible.

Well that didnt stop airports from jacking up their rates, so it shouldnt stop us either.
Let them raise fares.

If AA refused to pay market prices for fuel, nobody would sell it to AA. If AA stopped paying its interest or principal when due, creditors would file an involuntary Ch 11 petition. Same with other AA bills. But the employees keep plugging away for reduced pay.

Well maybe the NMB should release us. Hey I notice that you seem to be avoiding the tread where we were discussing Continental vs AA. Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts