More competition for AA/ Eagle!

Frank,
with all due respect, my first love was military aviation and I would have given a career to the military if I had the proper eyesight. Instead, I worked my way through high school and college.
While you are absolutely correct that there are precious few Americans who appreciate the cost of freedom and even fewer in Europe, as I pointed out to Bob in other threads, 9/11 was a wakeup call to America that our freedom is just one dirty bomb or radical terrorist act away from extinction. I don't like everything our government has done or is doing but we do have people who realize that there is a price for freedom, and as Americans we have paid that price to provide better lives for hundreds of millions of people around the globe - often with only a kick in the teeth from the vast majority of people back home.
You see, Frank, I don't believe in the idea that you can support the serviceperson but not the effort they do.... we as a country need to think through whether we continue to play the role of global police but in the absence of other countries and their willingness to step up to the plate, it likely is we either continue to do the dirty work - and receive the consequences that come with it on the global stage.
As you also know, Frank, the military is smaller now as a percent of the Ameircan population than it probably has been in decades - and the chances of needing such a large army are slim.... modern warfare packages alot more force with alot less people - which is part of why some of us admire military aviation.
I would presume you received your aviation training from the military and I believe they continue to be one of the best training "institutes" in the world - and they provide top notch training to alot of people who couldn't buy it anywhere else - for love or money.
Again, Frank, thanks for your service. But also remember that just because other people haven't served doesn't mean they don't appreciate the efforts you made then or the values that the US military continues to stand for.

Nice deflection - exactly as expected. I have to admit though - you were quicker with the BS response than I had thought you'd be. I guess that's the years in management to the rescue.

Reactions: 1 person
Nice deflection - exactly as expected. I have to admit though - you were quicker with the BS response than I had thought you'd be. I guess that's the years in management to the rescue.
It seems that you were not paying attention. He complimented you, quite sincerely at that.

Sometimes a simple thank you is a good response.

thank you, Tech.
I might add, Frank, that I just had significant parts of this conversation via e-mail with a friend who happens to be a member of this forum in just the past week.
He and I both agreed that America needs more people who give back to the country instead of take from it... and we need to return to the basic ideals that made this country great.
So, no, Frank, it's not a management response. It's what I believe... and I put it in writing days before I wrote it here.

<_< ----- Thank you WT for your sincere answer! ----- You wore glasses!----- Well welcome to the club! So did I! ;) So, your saying you were 4F?----- Oh! Just curious, did your Son, or Daughter, serve, or does he/she plan on serving, in the Military? -------Did you know Eric's Son is going into the Marines? :huh:

<_< ------- Liston WT! I'll stop playing games here.------ Frank, and people like him, myself included, are frustrated at you and your class that don't want to get their hands dirty, but when things go to hell, just stuff their pockets, leave, and let us peons to clean up their mess!------- So why don't you just go back to your Delta forum and tell them to tell the Saudi's to go to hell! ------Is that the right thing to do economically?----- Hell no!---- But morally?------ You betsha!!!! ------- And yes, I know TWA helped found "Saudia Airlines!" Their first Aircraft, a DC3, came from TWA! But they also flew into Tel Aviv!

thank you, Tech.
I might add, Frank, that I just had significant parts of this conversation via e-mail with a friend who happens to be a member of this forum in just the past week.
He and I both agreed that America needs more people who give back to the country instead of take from it... and we need to return to the basic ideals that made this country great.
So, no, Frank, it's not a management response. It's what I believe... and I put it in writing days before I wrote it here.
Item 1: I have little tolerance for the "fatherly" and patronizing tone of your post. It may well be acceptable in your world to be condescending to what you feel are lower forms of life, but not in mine.

Item 2: I am not here looking for thanks re: my service - I've heard those "thanks" for so long from so many AND SO INSINCERELY, it sounds like a canned response from a telephone answering system and quite frankly, has become nauseating.

I do not require nor do I ask for a "Thank You" from you or anyone else - that's not why I'm here nor is it why anyone else who served is here.

As it's been said, "For those who have been there, no explaination is needed - for those who have not, no explaination is possible."

Offices give a severely skewed view of the real world that, after a period of time, one cannot recover from.

It seems that you were not paying attention. He complimented you, quite sincerely at that.

Sometimes a simple thank you is a good response.

A simply "thank you" would be a good response if the "compliment" was real and not a phony statement contrived in order to get me or someone else to shut up.

If I've learned anything at all during my lifetime, it's that the more verbose a statement of any kind, the less sincere it actually is. This I learned from listening to politicians, executives, and other self-important SOBs making speeches, promises and inferences then sitting back and watching how contradictory their actions are with respect to their words.

I was paying perfect attention - it seems you will fall for anything presented to you and have much to learn.