More flight cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

By your won words, I do understand network related issues in the industry, so your statement doesn't hold up.
Since my statement was that this sort of thing *is* your domain, the above sentence conflicts with itself.

Take a deep breath, get some cafe, and come back when you're ready to contribute something substantive to this thread.

...Or don't; there's plenty of others to choose from...

I have asked repeatedly what the purpose of the thread was about and you have done nothing to contribute to the thread; all you have done is take personal pot shots.

So, my challenge to you is tell us what the purpose of this thread is and what meaningful information is contained in it.

I'm asking you to do what you apparently want me to do but can't.

I've already said that 700 copied a random piece of schedule change data that has no meaning.

Either he wants to incite something or he doesn't even understand what he is looking at. Based on his history, it is some of both.

What is the significance of the post and this thread, Kev? Would you like to tell us what DL is doing that warrants this attention?

And more significantly, why this week and why DL over the schedule changes that happen every week?

BTW, fares change multiple times per day. Shall we report those changes too?

2nd verse, same as the first.

Um, no. Projecting/flipping doesn't work.

It's a pretty straight forward topic.

Again, feel free to contribute something of substance.

...Or don't...

which presumably means you can't interpret the schedule data, Kev?

what does it mean Kev that DL is pushing back its summer European buildup by a couple weeks, Kev?

WorldTraveler said:
which presumably means you can't interpret the schedule data, Kev?
...And now (not) presumably, you've defaulted to adding me to the personal attacks. Wish I could say I was "surprised and delighted."

C'mon kids; sing along if you know the words!

Projecting/flipping doesn't work.

It's a pretty straight forward topic.

Again, feel free to contribute something of substance.

...Or don't...

Kev,
just answer the question (and you and 700 can huddle if you need to)...

what is the significance of the schedule changes that 700 posted?

After you.

...Since you never miss a chance to pound one out about DL "winning in NY," maybe you can touch on the adjustments at the bottom of what 700UW posted... Seems like as good of direction as any to get this one back on track.

...Or not. Either way...

sure, I'd be glad to.. .thanks for focusing on the topic.

LGA-IAD is a much smaller market than DCA. even at DCA, DL is consolidating flights between JFK and LGA to DCA, probably to free up a slot here and there for new service to someone else's hub.

DL has regularly reduced flights to both DAY and ROC in part to free up capacity for increased southbound flying which is where the revenue increases.
DL does connect some traffic thru LGA. Given the slot controls, it makes more sense to free up capacity for the local LGA market rather than push connections thru LGA.
ATL and DTW serve the purpose well.

Also, there are strong rumors that DL is close to loading a number of schedule changes in LGA that will involve larger planes which will free up some of the large RJs for use elsewhere on DL's network. Larger planes also keep competitors trying harder to keep up with DL and the advantage DL has at LGA which has created a halo effect at JFK.

It also highlights that DL very much has competitive strategies in place to maximize the use of its assets including at NYC.

DL's capacity and network both at DCA and LGA and throughout the US will be larger by next summer than it is now or what can be seen by these schedule changes.
Guaranteed.

Force Majeure said:
Eight hours later and all you have done is denounce the factual data post of flight reduction. If it was flight increase the board would have seen some voluminous novella of Delta prowess in its reading of the tea leaves of the market and how they are capitalizing with "precisely" the right mix of capacity.
And what 700UW posted is just the type of thing certain other posters would gladly post about other carriers, only their posts would contain pages and pages of why those airlines are in deep trouble and how the cuts proof of that.

And if such a post was a meaningless extract that had no analysis behind it, or even if didn't, you should challenge the post.

Again, tell us the significance of what was posted.

I'm curious if anyone thinks that with "delayed starts" and flight reductions here and there is a precursor of things to come.  Because with 1500 F/A's beginning training in Jan, we will be hearing of many new additions. 

The "significance" may simply have been informational.  Not everything needs a detailed analysis.  I read this board mainly to see what is going on in the industry that might not make it into mainstream news sources.  Unfortunately, far too many of these FYI type threads turn into the same endless debates, obscuring the original intent of the threads.

• Banned
Hey I saw this pic of WT today, the AA/US settlement has done this to him:

edge-of-cliff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back