More $$$ From Bronner

After his three years of "capitulate or liquidate", will Bronner provide more funds with a

• No, he's full of it and a liar like the rest.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he's over it and will bite it financially.

• Yes, he's a man of his word and wants US Airways to survive.

• Who cares at this point?

• Total voters

firstamendment

Veteran
Apr 1, 2003
Visit site
All I have heard is how Bronner will not put another dime into US Airways until we capitulate to his cost structure. Well, here we are close to that. Will the "capitulate or liquidate" king keep his word or is he looking for a quick way out?

Someone needs to explain to me why Bronner got into the airline business. TPG should have been the savoir of US. Siegel and the BOD screwed up by letting Bronner on the property.

Even though he states the US is only 1% of the RSA holdings, wouldn't have been wise to know more about an industry before you stick your nose in it? Has anyone really seen any positive changes since he arrived on his not so white horse and dented armour?

Please name 1 positive thing he's done for US? And don't say gave US $$.

<Someone needs to explain to me why Bronner got into the airline business.>

Since the good Dr. holds the lease on many of our aircraft, I think he felt it would behove him to be the one calling the shots instead of having to renegotiate all of his leases with someone else.

Mtnman

in other words he's "covering his assets"? HUH!? Interesting. Still says to me that he got to take over US for a poor reason. Wouldn't have been better to rid yourself of those leases to people who actually understand the airline business?

Oh wait?! He likes to put his fingers in everything. It got bit didn't it?

Jennyann said:
And change that damn level off announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody thinks "Alabama is wonderful".....WHAT A CROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post="235289"][/post]​

I really block out those video announcements, but for the first time, while I was in the lav, I heard that and almost fell on the floor laughing. I walked out and asked the FC F/A, "did they just say that"?

trvlr64 said:
Someone needs to explain to me why Bronner got into the airline business. TPG should have been the savoir of US. Siegel and the BOD screwed up by letting Bronner on the property.

He basically outbid TPG and offered more money. We had no choice but to take Bronner. TPG was'nt willing to go higher. Even the judge would have asked what was going on had we insisted on TPG .

LGA/037 said:
Siegel and the BOD screwed up by letting Bronner on the property.

He basically outbid TPG and offered more money. We had no choice but to take Bronner. TPG was'nt willing to go higher. Even the judge would have asked what was going on had we insisted on TPG .
[post="235376"][/post]​
Since we have the same Judge, I think it's become painfully obvious to him why we should have insisted on TPG.

Rumor is that when TPG dug into the operation and realized that the numbers would not work, they either wanted out or they would liquidate the operation. Bronner's ego brought the higher bid and in his arrogance (thought his money expertise automatically made him an airline expert) went for the "glamour" of airline ownership.

Had TPG prevailed, we would all have about 2 years seniority at our new jobs with other companies. And USAviation.com would be an obscure, mostly ignored little website.

nycbusdriver said:
Rumor is that when TPG dug into the operation and realized that the numbers would not work, they either wanted out or they would liquidate the operation.
[post="235439"][/post]​

I've heard the same rumor, although I don't believe it is just rumor. TPG had the financial resources to outbid Bronner if they wanted to, and had more credibility with the various creditors and lessors.

They also knew a bad deal when they saw it, and walked when given the opportunity to do so while also saving face.

nycbusdriver said:
Had TPG prevailed, we would all have about 2 years seniority at our new jobs with other companies. And USAviation.com would be an obscure, mostly ignored little website.
[post="235439"][/post]​

On what are you basing this statement? TPG turned around both Continental and America West.

LGA / 037 said:
trvlr64 said:

[post="235376"][/post]​

Not true. The company could have fought it and originally Siegel was going to do just that. Within one day of Bronner's bid, Siegel capitulated because Bronner made it clear that he would outbid any TPG offer. TPG didn't want to be in a bidding war and bowed out. But certainly the company could have made an argument that TPG has experience turning flailing airlines around and stood the best chance of success by having TPG be its partner. The higher bids generally hold more weight in cases of liquidation, not so much in reorganization. The judge has wide powers of discretion.

Latest posts