More $$$ From Bronner

After his three years of "capitulate or liquidate", will Bronner provide more funds with a

• No, he's full of it and a liar like the rest.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he's over it and will bite it financially.

• Yes, he's a man of his word and wants US Airways to survive.

• Who cares at this point?

• Total voters
DCAflyer said:
On what are you basing this statement? TPG turned around both Continental and America West.
[post="235505"][/post]​

I got the information from a former Negotiating Committee member who was on the committee during that period. He said TPG wanted out after they did their due diligence but had already committed the $200 million. They turned around CO and AW, but they realized that US was beyond redemption. Bronner unwittingly came to their rescue and saved them $200 million which THEY would likely have eaten.

In light of this weeks developments Bonner may just walk away.

Even if the IAM were to give in and sign a an agreement with the Delta fares and Southwest entry into PIT this airline is finished.

The competitors are doing this to finish U off for good. Will Bonner kick into the airline the required cash knowing that his competitors are bent on U not making a profit for several years and rasing losses above previous expectatons?

Among other faults this management has a history of underestimating the competition.

What would have been the difference given what we know now about the Iraq war and oil price going up.

If TPG or bonner Usairways would have still been in the situation they are in now.

madders said:
What would have been the difference given what we know now about the Iraq war and oil price going up.

If TPG or bonner Usairways would have still been in the situation they are in now.
[post="236000"][/post]​

Yes and no. TPG would have attracted better talent into senior management because they've got a better handle on who's who.

Somebody has to pay for the new RSA Headquarters in Mobile... rsa_tower.jpg

DCAflyer said:
On what are you basing this statement? TPG turned around both Continental and America West.
[post="235505"][/post]​

For the same reason that any capital firm makes investment A instead of investment B. With Continental and America West, TPG saw a real possibility of success. And, they have been proven correct in their assessment of those two airlines.

You can blame Dr. Bronner all you want. The truth is that US Airways had problems long before he came on the scene. Maybe he doesn't know how to run an airline, but I haven't seen much indication that any of US Airways other management personnel do either.

jimntx said:
For the same reason that any capital firm makes investment A instead of investment B.  With Continental and America West, TPG saw a real possibility of success.  And, they have been proven correct in their assessment of those two airlines.

You can blame Dr. Bronner all you want.  The truth is that US Airways had problems long before he came on the scene.  Maybe he doesn't know how to run an airline, but I haven't seen much indication that any of US Airways other management personnel do either.
[post="236929"][/post]​

Jim
With all due respect, you do not work here and the issue to me is the constant dribble that comes from Bronner's mouth. More than a few times has this man threatened to liguidate US Airways if we did not lower cost...again and again. He has also stated that he would not give another cent until labor lowers their cost. In otherwords, "capitulate or liquidate". With all but one group onboard, his request has come true. Now what? The silence from Alabama is deafening...NOT A WORD!! This leads me to believe that this is just another lying egotistical SOB who invested for God only knows WHAT reason, underestimated the challenges of such, and is now ready to turn his back on what will be a small loss to his purse strings.

Yes, the problems at US Airways started before Bronner, but his arrogant threats towards the labor groups ARE to blame for the continual decline of US morale. Bronner has enough money to invest in US Airways what she needs to make her a superior, and yes profitable airline. Show me the $$$!!! Now those who support the man, come on and rip me up. I know what I know to be true and it is MINE to believe. ;)

The right thing for Bronner to do is to be quiet regarding RSA's intentions no matter what they are. I suspect that it was not the right thing for Bronner to be vocal in the past. Maybe he's learned his lesson. I don't think you can take silence as indicative of anything.

Look, U is going to be investment worthy or it's not. I suspect that it wasn't really in good enough shape for TPG a couple of years ago, and had they gotten U, they would have instituted much more pain, much more quickly or liquidated in contrast to what RSA did.

Bluestreak said:
I agree with you Row. I think Bronner came to U with the best intentions and only later found out the depth of U's problems.
[post="236958"][/post]​

I kind of said that, but I still contend he's just another egotistical boob trying to play the role of Howard Hughes. Too bad...sooo sad...for US Airways. <_<