More Good News?

Tarheel

May 13, 2004
http://www.usairways.com/about/press/nw_04_1025.htm

ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 25, 2004 -- The US Airways Group, Inc. board of directors today elected George M. Philip to the board. Philip is the executive director of the New York State Teachers’ Retirement System. Additionally, the board named Ronald E. Stanley as chief financial officer, replacing David M. Davis, who is resigning from the company to accept a position with KRATON Polymers LLC, based in Houston.

Tarheel said:
http://www.usairways.com/about/press/nw_04_1025.htm
ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 25, 2004 -- The US Airways Group, Inc. board of directors today elected George M. Philip to the board. Philip is the executive director of the New York State Teachers’ Retirement System. Additionally, the board named Ronald E. Stanley as chief financial officer, replacing David M. Davis, who is resigning from the company to accept a position with KRATON Polymers LLC, based in Houston.
[post="194703"][/post]​
Wow, Do you think they will now shift money from employees to New York State retirement fund. :shock:

Actually, it's RARELY a good sign when a CFO leaves. CFOs often know the business better than anyone, and US cannot afford to have people with this detailed knowledge of the businses leaving at a time like this. Executives tend to take others with them too, so I would expect some of the CFO's direct reports to hop over to KRATON with him.

If you saw Davis' testimony in court, you would say he does not know the business and especially US Airways.

700UW said:
If you saw Davis' testimony in court, you would say he does not know the business and especially US Airways.
[post="194728"][/post]​

Well, does this mean you plan to work more with the new CFO? Or will it be business as usual?

700UW said:
[post="194728"][/post]​
You are so wrong, you absolulty have no idea what you are talking about.

.....Is this the guy that stated the entire utility crew at one station [forgot the city] was staging a sick out ?? ...... It was later brought to light that the entire utility crew consisted of [ 2 ] people....

This is an absolute distaster, losing your CFO will not help our situation. Our creditors will not be pleased. The company should have figured out how to keep him we need stabilty in this area.

real world said:
This is an absolute distaster, losing your CFO will not help our situation. Our creditors will not be pleased. The company should have figured out how to keep him we need stabilty in this area.
[post="194740"][/post]​

Can't. The unions would have screamed bloody murder if US offered some sort of retention bonus. If there is anyone left in CCY not sending resumes out I'd be very surprised.

real world said:
[post="194740"][/post]​

100% in agreement.

This really is alarming news. Very bad.

insp89 said:
.....Is this the guy that stated the entire utility crew at one station [forgot the city] was staging a sick out ?? ...... It was later brought to light that the entire utility crew consisted of [ 2 ] people....
[post="194737"][/post]​

Hardly the most important part of his testimony, however makes a great sound bite.

This is the guy that convinced the ATSB, Bank of America and GECAS to keep lending us money.

BTW - Funny how nobody mentioned how the IAM attorney looked clueless on numerous occasions when talking about maintainence issues...

insp89 said:
[post="194737"][/post]​
.....Can or [ Will ] anyone confirm or deny the above question ?

real world said:
You are so wrong, you absolulty have no idea what you are talking about.
[post="194735"][/post]​

Now the Monopoly Man was sitting two seats to my left in court on the Tuesday when the unions crossed examined Mr Davis.

He did not know the percentage of the raises that non-contract employees got, he did not know if F/A trainers got the same raise as the FA, plus the 2% to 8% range of raises given to management and clerical.

And Mr Davis did state a WHOLE cleaning crew called in sick in ORD, and upon cross Mrs Levine asked him "if he knew how many people that was", Mr Davis stated "No" Mrs Levine then asked "Isn't it a fact the crew was only two people", Mr Davis then replied "Yes".

This is the same Mr Davis who helped form the business plan in the last bankruptcy, you know the plan that FAILED, and the company admitted it failed in numerous pages of the bankruptcy filings.

Funny how you omit that part. Oh wait you helped form that plan if I remember correctly, guess you don't want to make yourself look bad either.

I was in the court room.

700UW said:
Now the Monopoly Man was sitting two seats to my left in court on the Tuesday when the unions crossed examined Mr Davis.

He did not know the percentage of the raises that non-contract employees got, he did not know if F/A trainers got the same raise as the FA, plus the 2% to 8% range of raises given to management and clerical.

And Mr Davis did state a WHOLE cleaning crew called in sick in ORD, and upon cross Mrs Levine asked him "if he knew how many people that was", Mr Davis stated "No" Mrs Levine then asked "Isn't it a fact the crew was only two people", Mr Davis then replied "Yes".

This is the same Mr Davis who helped form the business plan in the last bankruptcy, you know the plan that FAILED, and the company admitted it failed in numerous pages of the bankruptcy filings.

Funny how you omit that part. Oh wait you helped form that plan if I remember correctly, guess you don't want to make yourself look bad either.

I was in the court room.
[post="194750"][/post]​
Thank You 700,, Enough said

THE FAT LADY
IS IN THE BUILDING.....

2001874024.jpg

NEW CFO ...... :shock:

Latest posts

Back