More News On Ron Stanley And

Regarding any theory that being ex-millitary allows one to be a great airline executive, I'd present Frank Borman.
[post="195249"][/post]​
[/quote]

Good point. In fact we only have to look as far as 320 to see just how far out an ex military jerk can go...ask 320 about his "supplement selling schemes" in his unit, and how he embarassed just about everyone associated with him . His military record is a joke. I remember going to the retirement celebration a long time ago of DAL pilot friend of mine...an ALPA rep said it was sad when a pilot would retire and NO ONE would show up(the boarding area was full for my friend). I think of 320 all the time. Greeter.

WestCoastGuy said:
This company could do no worse if it hired Grad. School students to run the show...perhaps even do better.
[post="195171"][/post]​

Just what we need. More Dave Siegel's, remember him.

You wanted to get rid of him and now you want someone like him to return?

Make up your mind.

Lindy

It's not anger it's just in your face facts. Just gonna have to deal with it.

Greeter,

Don't forget the Boston F/O rep from your above post. What a lame group.

-fatburger-

fatburger said:

It's not anger it's just in your face facts. Just gonna have to deal with it.

Greeter,

Don't forget the Boston F/O rep from your above post. What a lame group.

-fatburger-
[post="195389"][/post]​
That is actually what I should have said...the BOS rep. My bad. Greeter.

What's sad is that two of the three "talented military officers" are ex-Navy, and didn't recognize a sinking ship for what it was...

Former military folks are good at garnering respect in skilled workgroups, but too many of the ones I've worked over the past 18 years have a tendancy to expect orders to be followed without dissent. Question them, and you're told bluntly of your position in the food chain.

As an entry-level analyst, I once got to tell a managing director that he was wrong on something of significance he was telling Bob Crandall. The director tried to blow it off as though I didn't know what I was talking about, but after hearing me out, Crandall accepted what I was saying and that was the end of the discussion.

Crandall got the answer he needed at the time, and it turned out to be the right answer. Yet years later, this director still hasn't gotten over the fact that I went outside the chain of command...

So, crow all you want about how great it is to have former military people in executive positions. I'd rather have someone who doesn't worry about the chain of command, and is willing to tell the Emporer that he has no clothes....

Latest posts