More Proof

Originally posted by 737nCh11 and subsequently closed by the moderator:

To UAL employees,

Twice in the last 10 minutes I have posted a reply to Chip on the topic UAL stuck in a quagmire of mud. It has mysteriously been deleted both times. If this doesn''t prove that Chip rules the USAirways board then I don''t know what does. I guess this is a dictatorship where nobody argues with the prophet Munn.

My reply to busdrvr and slam click was as follows:

Busdrvr and Slam Click,

Please don''t argue with Chip as it only encourages him.

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR

--CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MAIL.
----------------------------------------------------------

I have suspected this in the past, but now I have proof. It''s OK for Chip to speculate on the demise of UAL and its employees, but one doesn''t dare take him to task for it. Kind of reminds me of Germany in the 40''s.

Sincerely,

A concerned U employee.

I have to agree with you 1000% on your observation that Chip gets favorable treatment from the moderators.

Every time I''ve questioned that in the past, the moderator(s) deleted posts and claimed that I was wrong.

Still, US Aviation is a private enterprise, and can treat people however they want to without worrying about favoritism.

Have to agree as well. I responded months ago to one of his unique transaction rants and implied he subscribed to the oliver stone brand of thinking. It was deleted within minutes.

Yet you have the likes of that old bozo from AA (Bob Owens?..is that right?) comparing concessions to nazi germany with not intervention.

Bottom line...who cares. Message boards hardly represent the reality of the world - business or not. Sometimes all of us have to just get a life. I took my own advice and have largely steered clear. No offense.

Sure this will be deleted - so hope you enjoyed reading it mr. moderator.

Does the First Amendment apply to responses to Capt. Chip Munn''s posts.

TO MODERATOR OF THIS BOARD:

I certainly hope the First Amendment privileges of the posters of this board is not being violated. Its OK to ask the posters to keep posts and responses respectible and with integrity, but deleting posts is a clear violation of the First Amendment of the Constitution. Be careful!

NQ

Uh, no. The First Amendment does not apply to message boards.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The operative is Congress. Since we''re not Congress, 1st amendment does not apply to us.

Which is completely understandable - it does not apply to message boards.

I appreciate the commitment by every moderator to devoting the time that is necessary to enable this and many forums.

However - with all due respect - moderating the board in a manner that is perceived by many to have multiple standards and definitions of what is accpetable and not acceptable and therefore what is not deleted and what is deleted - will surely lead to users moving elsewhere and not frequenting this board.

A board that appears to be basing their business model on advertising revenue that depends on traffic - unique users and repeat visits.

Just some objective opinion sharing.

Of course the 1st does not apply here.

I''m wondering, however, if a moderator might actually address why the posts were allegedly deleted.

Why the cloak and dagger stuff?

The bias by the moderators on this board is old news. There has never been tolerance for REAL debate and discent...a rather dull, vanilla, dispirited board as a result.