More Us Airways Baggage Woes

I guess they still cant find enough people to take the job there. Heres an idea, how about trying to hire some FULL TIMERS as well? This is only for PT people. I would think you might have a better shot of getting some reliable help if you were paying them for a FULL TIME job instead of part time who knows how many hours you're going to get a week? If we're still in the hundreds short, hiring part timers isnt going to cover the shifts. :down:

Philadelphia Open House

To support expanded Philadelphia operations, US Airways is holding another recruiting open house Feb. 22-25, 2005, at US Airways’ Lester administrative office, located at the Airport Business Park at 300 Stevens Drive, Suite 101.

Individuals interested in beginning a career in aviation can attend interview sessions tomorrow, Feb. 22, or Thursday, Feb. 24, at 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m., or 4 p.m. Sessions also will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 23, and Friday, Feb. 25, at 9:30 a.m. and 12 p.m.

US Airways is looking to hire part-time fleet service positions at Philadelphia International Airport, starting at $9.59 per hour. Positions are immediately available, once a candidate successfully completes the interview and FAA/TSA required screening and background requirements.

Who is responsible for ensuring the proper amout of equipment and bodies for staffing and if the are still employed WHY??????

Perhaps they are waiting to hire the Ivy League MBA to sit down with a paper model drawn on a cocktail napkin from some fancy eatery in Crystal City and massage the numbers and say " See it works on paper".

Perhaps just a fleeting thought. maybe they might want to send someone " who can make a difference" to Philadelphia and see what might be done to save face and fix this problem.

These folks who still have not gotten their luggage and Christmas presents back yet when they travelled in December must be the best advocates for USAirways in Philadelphia. They read this in the paper and say "Lets drive to Baltimore and take Southwest.

If there are any Crystal City Lurkers, please tell someone in the palace there is a problem in Philadelphia. I don't believe there are enough Tasty Cakes in Philadelphia to fix the baggage problem.

a320av8r said:
"Can't wait to see the days of old when the flyboys had to check their own oil and load their cargo."

When was that? :down:
[post="249598"][/post]​
Had to have been before 1966....that was when I started with PAI, and flyboys didn't help load when I started.
That is what the company (& some of the flyboys) would like to see happen. Instead of Max pay til the last day.....it's now MAX WORK TIL THE LAST DAY.

workngd said:
Thanks for setting me straight justaumechanic. You are right. But what the heck I don't fly airplanes so what do I know. Can't wait to see the days of old when the flyboys had to check their own oil and load their cargo. Poor ole Tom and Ed must be saying "what have they done to my company?". :shock:
[post="249597"][/post]​

Hey.. I don't want that Smack USA320 checking anything on my plane.. I don't even want him to fly it!!

Anyone that gets personal enjoyment out of seeing peoples lives destroyed doesn't deserve a job at any airline never mind this one..

He should be the bagger at SuperWalMart..

Even if he did check his oils he would probably pull out a can of Valvoline and pour it in thinking anyone can do this job.

And load Cargo? USA320? All he can carry is his flight bag and probably whines that the company should buy him a laptop like jetBlue pilots. (EFB)

As for Tom and ED.. Well they kind of had something to do with this huge mess. One couldn't resist buying and one couldn't resist selling..

tadjr said:
I guess they still cant find enough people to take the job there. Heres an idea, how about trying to hire some FULL TIMERS as well? This is only for PT people. I would think you might have a better shot of getting some reliable help if you were paying them for a FULL TIME job instead of part time who knows how many hours you're going to get a week? If we're still in the hundreds short, hiring part timers isnt going to cover the shifts. :down:
Philadelphia Open House

To support expanded Philadelphia operations, US Airways is holding another recruiting open house Feb. 22-25, 2005, at US Airways’ Lester administrative office, located at the Airport Business Park at 300 Stevens Drive, Suite 101.

Individuals interested in beginning a career in aviation can attend interview sessions tomorrow, Feb. 22, or Thursday, Feb. 24, at 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m., or 4 p.m. Sessions also will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 23, and Friday, Feb. 25, at 9:30 a.m. and 12 p.m.

US Airways is looking to hire part-time fleet service positions at Philadelphia International Airport, starting at $9.59 per hour. Positions are immediately available, once a candidate successfully completes the interview and FAA/TSA required screening and background requirements.
[post="249626"][/post]​

You are right. They should hire full time because $9.59/hr at part time (4 hours) is equivelent to $4.80/hr full time (8 hours). Of course this is before uniform costs, paying medical/dental premiums, and taxes. The reason they don't do it is because their mentality won't permit it.

MarkMyWords said:
Libertybell -

Excellent post. If you don't have the resources (employees and equipment) you will not get the job done properly.
[post="249621"][/post]​

Thanks Info I get is very good