More Wasted Money

NCFL

Veteran
Jan 9, 2004
I left Airways in 2006 after the merger ate my job. I went to Express, but no longer work there either. I tried to stick it out until retirement, but it wasn't worth it.

So, what do I receive in the mail today? A W-2 with my old East Airways employee number on it showing zero earnings for 2007. Duh. I didn't work there!

I wonder how much money HR/Payroll wasted sending X,000 W-2s to the thousands of people who no longer work for the company? I also got an open enrollment package this Fall for an insurance plan for which I am ineligible. Oh, and the boobs have not yet turned off my access to the Hub.

I sure hope the maintenance department is more organized. Oh, wait, we're talking about Tempe. Answered my own question on that one.

So, what do I receive in the mail today? A W-2 with my old East Airways employee number on it showing zero earnings for 2007. Duh. I didn't work there!
Ah at least US got one thing right and correct on the first try. I can not believe this, it may just snow at the Super Bowl tomorrow. They actually got you earnings with them correctly. I am surprised that they didn't have anything marked down as earned, I would have expected that way before a correctly W-2 figure. Oh yes I agree that it was a waste of money to make and send to you. The company I worked before back in the 90's only had about 60 employees, for the company to get a discount on the mailing, they sent blank ones to the retirees and spouses of the employees that worked there. The owner was so frugal on everything, even meetings and dinners with clients. We had a luncheon/meeting one day and he booked the back room of an Old Country Buffet! OK the place can be decent to take the family too, but your clients. He now must be on the board of US Airways. He was about 3 years younger than me, wonder how that company lasted as long as it did. I boated out in 1999 and the company went belly-up in 2000. Our business trips had to be booked at least a month in advance. Oh well, I can go on and on about him , but this is an Aviation Board! :eek:

i'd see if your EPR is still active :)

Sadly, that is the one thing they got right. That's the only part of the job I miss.

No, that's not true. I loved almost every day of my 19 years with US. Sure there were the dark days, like the operational mess in the months following 8/5/89, US5050/1493/405/1016/427/5481, the mechanic's strike, BK, Christmas in PHL, etc. But, in hindsight, they paled in comparison to this HP merger. I'm very glad to be away from the cluster than is HP.

I doubt I'll ever work with as fine a group of people again (certain members of management excluded). I wish y'all the best. Hopefully, the boobs in Tempe will figure out how to tell their asses from their elbows at some point.

Here is another Tempe blunder.

Before the merger US carried hazmat for cargo shipments, including its own maintenance parts.

Parts like A/C Batteries, Oxygen Tanks and Fuel Pumps are all consider hazmat.

Now after the merger US does not carry hazmat for cargo shipments, including its own maintenance parts to keep the fleet flying has to be shipped FedEx, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, if not millions.

The worst part is if an A/C if grounded and needs one of these parts to get it back in the air, US has to hire an air taxi costing thousands to get the part to the plane to get if back in the air.

Who makes these bonehead decisions or who has lots of stock in FedEx?

Now after the merger US does not carry hazmat for cargo shipments, including its own maintenance parts to keep the fleet flying has to be shipped FedEx, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, if not millions.

A cargo handler must be IATA certified to handle DG, also you must have special packaging.

That training is not cheap nor easy.

Obviously you don't have the qualified people to handle hazmat.

Lose your outrage anyway. You guys can't even properly handle regular cargo. Gravy revenue.

US/East was hazmat and DG certified, it is CBT based training which is done yearly, classroom training for Stock Clerks every two years.

We have computer programs set up on the east to automatically print all the documents required and the stock clerk then Air Freight Vendors double check the requirements.

We all ready have the ATA shipping containers for the parts and any shipper which ships DGs supplies their own packaging. As the ATA containers are all ready in place for the parts, as they are stored in them. Some are wooden, carboard or plastic containers all ready in stock.

It is not any increase in costs, it actually increases profits as they charge more to ship DGs.

And I am talking about shipping our own mtc parts.

Your arguement does not hold any weight.

Have been told by many in stupervision that they are actually spending more on A/C batteries now that they are outsourced than when we done them in house. Go figure!

Before the merger US carried hazmat for cargo shipments, including its own maintenance parts.

Parts like A/C Batteries, Oxygen Tanks and Fuel Pumps are all consider hazmat.

The worst part is if an A/C if grounded and needs one of these parts to get it back in the air, US has to hire an air taxi costing thousands to get the part to the plane to get if back in the air.

Who makes these bonehead decisions or who has lots of stock in FedEx?

I don't know about the HAZMAT shipping. In fact, I wasn't aware we weren't shipping some HAZMAT after the merger. I know we ship people's personal wheelchairs that have batteries and that's HAZMAT. But hey, now we're not shipping animals anymore either. Which is fine by me. I always thought it was an accident looking for a place to happen.

Anyway....we are shipping parts on our aircraft. I can't tell you how many times I've been stuck/delayed waiting for a part coming in on one of our aircraft. Maybe, they aren't considered HAZMAT.

Wheelchair batteries are exempt.

US is not allowed nor are they shipping any hazmat on any flight including aircraft parts, like Batteries, O2 Cylinders and Fuel Pumps, they are all outsourced to FedEx and Air Taxis.

Wheelchair batteries are exempt.

US is not allowed nor are they shipping any hazmat on any flight including aircraft parts, like Batteries, O2 Cylinders and Fuel Pumps, they are all outsourced to FedEx and Air Taxis.

I beg to differ. They are sending aircraft parts on our aircraft when we have broken planes on the ground. Maybe it's just certain types of aircraft parts that are allowed to be shipped.

I'm not trying to have an argument, it's just as a f/a...I know I've waited for parts to be flown in recently so we could complete our flight segment. I think it was from PHL or maybe CLT.

Once again, read my posts, I said we are not SHIPPING hazmat Aircraft Parts, ie batteries, O2 Cylinders and Fuel Pumps.