Mr. Parker Delta plus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
Mr. Parker has publicly stated we will get Delta plus 7 over the last several months. We must hold him to his own words or he can not be trusted and will jepordize our working relationship going forward.  We need contract language that our wages stay within industry standards through the life of the contract to keep it a level playing field.  This way there is no disadavntage between airlines.
I encourage the Parker team to follow through and give us what we deserve.(Delta plus 7)  After all our sacrifices i have to say we deserve it.

Reactions: 7 people
All you will be getting is Delta plus 7 inches. Delta mechanics are getting  an 18 percent pay raise on December 1st 2015 and still has profit sharing. Good things happen when you have no union.

Reactions: 8 people
You can bet the Delta plus 7 deal will not be on the table. I'm not sure how the profit sharing formula at Delta will work in the future, but they will no doubt be getting less and I would think considerably less looking at the raise they will get. Maybe now Delta plus 3 will be looked at. I wonder how much merging the work groups means to mgmt. I'm sure there are needed advantages to it. Wouldn't surprise me if Parker sat on his ass and stretched the negotiations out and let our lesser pay actually pay for the new deal.

Reactions: 1 person
Twistedmetal said:
All you will be getting is Delta plus 7 inches. Delta mechanics are getting  an 18 percent pay raise on December 1st 2015 and still has profit sharing. Good things happen when you have no union.
Actually by December 1st 2015 Delta mechanics will have received 18% for the year.

Yes 18 percent by the end of the year...whatever, still better than us AND they don't even have to pay a union to get them concessions. Delta plus 7 is becoming so diluted that by the time we even get this "raise" we will still be behind. Needs to be UPS plus 7 now. Yup after 23 years with this company I'm still a worthless employee...never did anything, ,don't do anything and don't plan on doing anything in the future, the company is definitely not getting what they are paying for with me...but I still want a raise.

Reactions: 2 people
We have to take this contract personal. We have sacrificed time,money,our future and jobs for this company to succeed.  We deserve an industry leading contract and do not look only to our elected leaders.  We all know the games and if we do not like how we are being treated in negotiations and our future then get involved and voice your opposition in a unified voice. Do not rely on other guy to get involved.  The more of us that are in the game the easier it is to play.  If all of us contributed 10% of our time we have a much stronger voice than 5 people contributing 100%.
we will have to take on the company and/or the Union if they are in the way of an industry leading contract.

Reactions: 4 people
Talos said:
You can bet the Delta plus 7 deal will not be on the table. I'm not sure how the profit sharing formula at Delta will work in the future, but they will no doubt be getting less and I would think considerably less looking at the raise they will get. Maybe now Delta plus 3 will be looked at. I wonder how much merging the work groups means to mgmt. I'm sure there are needed advantages to it. Wouldn't surprise me if Parker sat on his ass and stretched the negotiations out and let our lesser pay actually pay for the new deal.
 I doubt you will even see parity with DL without them wanting DL workrules

Chuck Schalk said:
We have to take this contract personal. We have sacrificed time,money,our future and jobs for this company to succeed.  We deserve an industry leading contract and do not look only to our elected leaders.  We all know the games and if we do not like how we are being treated in negotiations and our future then get involved and voice your opposition in a unified voice. Do not rely on other guy to get involved.  The more of us that are in the game the easier it is to play.  If all of us contributed 10% of our time we have a much stronger voice than 5 people contributing 100%.
we will have to take on the company and/or the Union if they are in the way of an industry leading contract.
Are you kidding ? I saw little or no reaction to this news today and you want to recruit an army? Good luck with that

This is how people lose their arguments - everyone picks up on the 14% increase and forgets profit sharing is going down - hence the change is made in December and 2016 profit sharing check is cut in half - make sure you are comparing total comp to total compensation and work rules side by side

Albert said:
Are you kidding ? I saw little or no reaction to this news today and you want to recruit an army? Good luck with that
I am not looking to build an Army. i just want many of us to stop blaming the other guy when they are doing nothing to help themselves.  

Twistedmetal said:
Yes 18 percent by the end of the year...whatever, still better than us AND they don't even have to pay a union to get them concessions. Delta plus 7 is becoming so diluted that by the time we even get this "raise" we will still be behind. Needs to be UPS plus 7 now. Yup after 23 years with this company I'm still a worthless employee...never did anything, ,don't do anything and don't plan on doing anything in the future, the company is definitely not getting what they are paying for with me...but I still want a raise.
+1

Chuck Schalk said:
I am not looking to build an Army. i just want many of us to stop blaming the other guy when they are doing nothing to help themselves.  
Chuck a few suggestions on what we can do?

jcw said:
This is how people lose their arguments - everyone picks up on the 14% increase and forgets profit sharing is going down - hence the change is made in December and 2016 profit sharing check is cut in half - make sure you are comparing total comp to total compensation and work rules side by side
Not sure how anyone could miss this Profit Sharing issue, but I understand it was exchanged for .50 cents an hour as a sure thing.....by the TWU 

dfw gen said:
Chuck a few suggestions on what we can do?
start by everyone asking what can i do to help?   I mean help in our careers, our local community, our families, and our future.  We have to get more involved in all of these areas.  We all are sitting back waiting is some areas for someone else to take care of it.  We must challenge our leaders and our politicians and hold them accountable as well as ourselves if we are not helping to better our future. 
we are overtaxed, under represented, and a struggling nation for the working class.
"if we are not part of the solution, we are part of the problem"

Reactions: 3 people
...and stop worrying about what other work groups (coworkers) make.
Stop blaming other work groups (coworkers) for being the cause of your plight.
But then we all have the bob@las and the ATD's in our work group...

(not directed toward you dfw gen or Chuck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts