MS Governor Haley Barbour Pardons 215

tech2101

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
Reality
Visit site
Read the full list here

He has really alienated his base. I guess this means he has no plans of running for anything in the future. Maybe he will endorse one of the Republican front-runners soon. :lol:

Here is just page one:

Governor Haley Barbour Pardons 2004-2012

Governor Ex.Order# Date Issued Name of Person Crime Type of Pardon

Haley Barbour 998 7/16/2008 Paul Joseph Warnock Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 999 7/18/2008 Michael Graham Murder Indefinite Suspension of Sentence
Haley Barbour 1000 7/16/2008 Bobby Hayes Clark Manslaughter Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1001 7/16/2008 Clarence Jones Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1002 7/16/2008 Willie James Kimble Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1046 12/29/2010 Jamie Scott Robbery with Deadly Weapon Indefinite Suspension of Sentence
Haley Barbour 1047 12/29/2010 Gladys Scott Robbery with Deadly Weapon Indefinite Suspension of Sentence
Haley Barbour 1055 6/30/2011 Michael J. Jones Sale of a Controlled Substance Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1069 1/6/2012 Nathan Kern Robbery Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1070 1/6/2012 David Gatlin Murder, Aggravated Assault, Burglary Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1071 1/6/2012 Charles Hooker Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1072 1/6/2012 Anthony McCray Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1073 1/6/2012 Joseph Ozment Murder, Conspiracy and Armed Robbery Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1075 1/10/2012 Michael Davie Graham Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1076 1/10/2012 Victor C. Collins Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1077 1/10/2012 Larry Darnel Roby Murder, Racketeering Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1078 1/10/2012 Booker T. Barnes Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1079 1/10/2012 Anthony Sansing Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1080 1/10/2012 Jimmy Lee Avera Murder Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1081 1/10/2012 Steven Charles Adams Grand Larceny and Possession of Cocaine Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1082 1/10/2012 Donald Dwight Adcock Arson Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1083 1/10/2012 Thomas Ailes Unlawful Sale of Controlled Substance Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1084 1/10/2012 Mark Hubbard Allen Vehicular Homicide Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
1 of 8
Haley Barbour 1085 1/10/2012 Patricia Amacker False Pretense, Felony & Misdemeanor Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1086 1/10/2012 Michael Clinton Armstrong Attempted Enticement of a Child for Sexual Purposes Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1087 1/10/2012 William Antoin Bardwell Sale of Marijuana, Less Than One Ounce Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1088 1/10/2012 Robert King Barq Possession of a Controlled Substance Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1089 1/10/2012 Thomas Holt Beasley Sale of Marijuana, Sale of Cocaine Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1090 1/10/2012 Melanie Suzanne Beelond Possession of Cocaine Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1091 1/10/2012 Larry Bell Escape from Custody, Charge of Felonuy Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1092 1/10/2012 Vincent Cardell Bell Murder, Accessory After the Fact Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1093 1/10/2012 Frank Delomme Borders Jr. Burglary Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1094 1/10/2012 Harry Russ Bostick DUI 3rd offense Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1095 1/10/2012 Lee Brackeen Jr.Shooting a Firearm into a Dwelling, Poss. Of Chemicals with Attempt toManufacture/Distribute Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon

Haley Barbour 1096 1/10/2012 Karlton Lee Bradley Possession of Cocaine/Sale with Intent Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon
Haley Barbour 1097 1/10/2012 Dwight E. Breland Possession of Controlled Substance Full, Complete and Unconditional Pardon

In his final days of a two-term run as governor, the law-and-order Republican granted pardons or early release to more than 200 Mississippi lawbreakers.

The actions have brought criticism from victims' families, everyday Mississippians like Winters, and Democratic officials including Jim Hood, the state attorney general, who persuaded a judge to put some of the pardons on hold.

"It's unfortunate Gov. Barbour didn't read the constitution," Hood said in a televised interview Wednesday.

"It's a shame, and he ought to be ashamed," Hood added.

Four of those pardoned were convicted killers who had worked as prison-system trusty laborers at the antebellum governor's mansion in Jackson.

Two others were from well-known families: Earnest Scott Favre, who pleaded guilty to killing his friend in a 1996 drunk driving incident, is the brother of former NFL star and Mississippi native Brett Favre, according to the Jackson Clarion-Ledger. Karen Irby, whom the Clarion-Ledger refers to as a "former Jackson socialite,"
was granted conditional clemency for two manslaughter charges stemming from an alcohol-related 2009 auto wreck.

Link

He was RNC Chair for years and a popular Governor. He must have just paid off his supporters.

He also just paid his dues to the upscale Mississippi Socialite Society? B)

Pardons are always tricky business.

What Puzzles/Troubles me is how in hell did 215 people worthy of pardon end up in prison in the first place? 215 pardons will raise a few eyebrows to be sure. I just wonder as to the Guilt, Innocence or Rehabilitation of these people.

In the south and other areas of the country some penalties are quite harsh and a pardon from a Governor is the only way out. Take my home state of PA as an example. Life in PA is truly Life in Prison. The ONLY way out is death or a pardon from the Governor. Last I looked there were 8 pardons under Governor Rendell.

The reason the pardon exists is to give a free society an avenue to right wrongs and attempt to set the record straight. What was going through Haley Barbour's head pardoning 215 in a lump is beyond me.

I have not had a chance to read upon it much but from what I have heard most were given clemency not pardons. Five of the people worked in the governors mansion while on parole/work release. Some of the people let out were convicted of murder.

He was RNC Chair for years and a popular Governor. He must have just paid off his supporters.

He also just paid his dues to the upscale Mississippi Socialite Society? B)

People here in MS are having a FIT...This was a popular governor until this little deal. My question is what the hell are prison trustees working at the governors mansion in the first place and especially murderers. There is NO WAY murderers should ever be pardoned.

People here in MS are having a FIT...This was a popular governor until this little deal. My question is what the hell are prison trustees working at the governors mansion in the first place and especially murderers. There is NO WAY murderers should ever be pardoned.
My parents live in MS and loved him. They are staunch conservatives and have voted for him every time they could. He could do no wrong...until now. They are beside themselves.

As for one of the murderers:

I saw an interview of him a couple hours ago with him. He said he had been saved and was reading the bible. I am sure he was sorry for his mistake of shooting his wife in the back in front of their child.

Seems like a really nice guy...

Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Friday he's "very comfortable" with his decision to grant pardons or other clemency to more than 200 people, including convicted killers, in his last days in office, telling Fox News that Mississippi is predominantly Christian and believes in forgiveness.

"But what the state does and has done ... most people in Mississippi are Christians or profess to be Christians, and we believe in forgiveness and we believe in second chances," he said.

Barbour told the Associated Press in an earlier interview that it's a tradition in Mississippi for governors to free the trusties who worked at the Governor's Mansion. Four inmates freed this past weekend are convicted killers who worked as trusties.

FOX link

What an arrogant sanctimonious piece of garbage.

FOX link

What an arrogant sanctimonious piece of garbage.

I'll keep your comments in mind, next time an atheist says something I don't agree with.

You blatant hatred of Christians has never been more obvious then in this post. You are truly the Imperial Wizard/Grand Dragon of Christians, If you were the KKK blacks would be stacked up like cord wood.

While I may or may not agree with Haley Barbour's release of 215 prisoners. I am quite familiar with the fundamental tenet of Christianity which is that of forgiveness. No less than Jesus said "Go forth and sin no more".

He made his decisions from his personal morals, values and ethics. How would you suggest he make these decisions oh God Less one? Use YOUR morals, values and ethics? Or perhaps on of the esteemed Muslim Clerics from say Iran?

I'm real curious as to what it's like to go through life as a bigot?

Reactions: 1 person
We'll see what happens when one of the 215 F's up. See how forgiving the family of one of these guys next victim is.

It appears Barbour granted some form of clemency to 215 convicted felons of which 189 had already been released from prison, some for many years. A constitutional challenge to Barbour's decision has held up the release of 21 prisoners. Link

I'll keep your comments in mind, next time an atheist says something I don't agree with.

You blatant hatred of Christians has never been more obvious then in this post. You are truly the Imperial Wizard/Grand Dragon of Christians, If you were the KKK blacks would be stacked up like cord wood.

While I may or may not agree with Haley Barbour's release of 215 prisoners. I am quite familiar with the fundamental tenet of Christianity which is that of forgiveness. No less than Jesus said "Go forth and sin no more".

He made his decisions from his personal morals, values and ethics. How would you suggest he make these decisions oh God Less one? Use YOUR morals, values and ethics? Or perhaps on of the esteemed Muslim Clerics from say Iran?

I'm real curious as to what it's like to go through life as a bigot?

Christianity, redemption, some guy reading the bible....blah..blah...blah, this disgusting lookin', non english speaking.......perfect example of a Boss Hog lookin' GOOD-OL-'BOY was the Moron I Always had him pegged as........Right up to the End !

Can you Imagine,...........I repeat, Can you Imagine...If BO did this, this thread would be up to 20 pages long already.

And you Repugs. had the balls to be all over BC for trying to give a pardon to Mark Rich !

Typical GOP Hypocrits !

Lean Forward !

well TB, since you brought it up, was it the Marc Rich pardon( which i do believe he got) or was it the facts that his ex-wife had donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to dem campaigns and the Clinton library, the question was if the pardon was bought ( of course BC would never lie to make money) It was also recommended by Eric Holder to the White House, where have we seen that name

Sparrow

The SOB pardoned murderers? Convicted murderers. These people can now go out and buy a gun,vote and be like every other citizen. Well, except for the ones they murdered because ... well.... they are dead. And you are going to sit here and defend that arrogant sanctimonious SOB? What he did and what I said had nothing to do with religion. His actions were in direct contempt for religion and the people in his state that he was elected to represent. He could not get elected as dog catcher right now. The out cry against him is quite strong. He went against the recommendations of the parole board and the people.

Since you want to play victim and try to bring religion in to this. The US code of law does not mention anything about the bible in it. There are sentencing guidelines and procedures for a prisoner to meet with a parole board to seek being released. While what Barbour did was perfectly legal, I would bet he is keeping a low profile from the victims of the people he released because I would bet they are not nearly as forgiving as he would like to believe.

Let me know how you feel when someone murders a loved one and your governor gives him a full pardon as he leaves office. Then come talk to me.

Reactions: 1 person