MS Governor Haley Barbour Pardons 215

Your the one crying. Poor minority Christians are being picked on. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Give me a break. Im pissed because he let convicted murdered go against the parole boards recommendations and he did so based on his religious convictions and not and logical or rational basis. He also did it on his way out the door. The true act of a coward.

That's within in his power, Move to MS and work on getting the law changed if it makes you unhappy. He doesn't need your approval or mine. Your rights weren't violated by him exercising his religious freedom in granting pardons, You ignore the fact that a great many parolees return to prison having committed other often more heinous acts.

Another thing most fail to grasp is Barbour said Wednesday that some people misunderstand the clemency process and believe that most of the individuals were still jailed.
"Approximately 90 percent of these individuals were no longer in custody, and a majority of them had been out for years," he said in a statement.

In my search he may gave run afoul of the 30 day rule in MS Law. See below

Mississippi judge blocks release of pardoned prisoners
PAROLE BOARD
January 11, 2012|By the CNN Wire Staff

Barbour's pardons challenged

A Mississippi judge Wednesday evening issued a temporary injunction forbidding the release of any more prisoners pardoned or given clemency by outgoing Gov. Haley Barbour, whose actions created an uproar.

The pardons include four convicted murderers and a convicted armed robber who were released Sunday. The five now must contact prison officials on a daily basis as their fate is adjudicated.

That's within in his power, Move to MS and work on getting the law changed if it makes you unhappy. He doesn't need your approval or mine. Your rights weren't violated by him exercising his religious freedom in granting pardons, You ignore the fact that a great many parolees return to prison having committed other often more heinous acts.

Another thing most fail to grasp is Barbour said Wednesday that some people misunderstand the clemency process and believe that most of the individuals were still jailed.

In my search he may gave run afoul of the 30 day rule in MS Law. See below

I'm willing to bet I can find a few posts of yours that pertain to things that do not directly affect you and that you would have no input on so please spare me the drama.
You ignore the fact that a great many parolees return to prison having committed other often more heinous acts.

Does that not support a slightly more intelligent approach to granting pardons and granting clemency?

Which is why I was just addressing the murderers and the pardons because they can now go out and buy a gun, vote and do anything else because their record is wiped clean even though they were convicted by a jury of their peers.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm willing to bet I can find a few posts of yours that pertain to things that do not directly affect you and that you would have no input on so please spare me the drama.

Does that not support a slightly more intelligent approach to granting pardons and granting clemency?

Which is why I was just addressing the murderers and the pardons because they can now go out and buy a gun, vote and do anything else because their record is wiped clean even though they were convicted by a jury of their peers.
I took a look at Presidential Pardons as they're easier to look up and I found something beyond interesting. Some of the pardons are just weird. Here are a select few.

José Compeán and Ignacio Ramos - Two US Border Patrol who wounded drug smuggler Osvaldo Aldrete Dávila and tried to cover up the incident. Senator Dianne Feinstein asked President Bush to commute the sentences.
Charles Winters - Posthumous pardon for smuggling three B-17 Flying Fortress heavy bombers to Israel in the late 1940s
FALN - commuted the sentences of 16 members of FALN, a violent Puerto Rican terrorist group that set off 120 bombs in the United States, mostly in New York City and Chicago. The 16 were convicted of conspiracy and sedition and sentenced with terms ranging from 35 to 105 years in prison
James Bernard Banks, of Liberty, Utah, sentenced to two years of probation in 1972 for illegal possession of government property.[20]
Russell James Dixon, of Clayton, Ga., sentenced to two years of probation in 1960 for a liquor law violation
Ronald Lee Foster, of Beaver Falls, Pa., sentenced in 1963 to a year of probation and a $20 fine for mutilating coins
Edgar Leopold Kranz Jr., of Minot, N.D., who received 24 months of confinement and a pay reduction for cocaine use, adultery and bouncing checks

The above were pardoned during the Clinton, Bush II and Obama Administrations. Who pardoned whom is not important. Just really interesting. As you can see violent felons even so called terrorists along with some people who may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. NO ONE here can know with certainty the circumstances surrounding every pardon. As the above shows pardons are granted for many reasons for many crimes. There was no clear pattern with any POTUS and likely the same was the case with Gov Barbour.

Anyone want to take bets that Bill Ayers gets pardoned for crimes committed but not convicted of?...