Msy Staff

usacrew3

Advanced
Sep 17, 2003
Fort Lauderdale
I was a gate agent in MSY a few years ago and worked with some of the best people in the industry. I was wondering how they were doing? Has anyone heard from anyone there? I know Kelly Hendricks lived in Mid City and it is still flooded today.
My house in Fort Lauderdale is open to any of them who need to get away from the area.

As I understand it, the company is trying to assign the MSY employees to other stations around the system so they can have a place to work till MSY opens back up to normal traffic.

Of course, these employees and possibly their families will need a place to stay, so if anyone can take one of these folks and/or their families in for a couple of months it would sure help them.

Jim

UPDATE FROM LOCAL CWA PRESIDENT

Brothers and Sisters,

One week ago we all learned of the devastating effects that Hurricane Katrina had on the Gulf States of Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Many of you have family and friends that were directly affected by this terrible storm. In particular, our CWA members in MSY have been devastated by this event. They have been evacuated from the city and most of them have lost their homes. The Local is working with the company to allow these employees to transfer to any Mainline or Mainline Express station in our system. The company is providing for their immediate needs; however, long-term they will all need our assistance. Last week at the CWA national convention, our newly elected President Larry Cohen, pledged 4 million dollars from the members relief fund to help the CWA members affected in these 3 states. In addition, I spoke to our newly elected District 3 Vice President Noah Savant, who pledged additional funds from the District's Hurricane relief fund. Our office here in CLT will be coordinating the dispersal of these funds to our members once they are established in the cities they have chosen. Many of you have expressed your concern about the well being of our MSY members. We will be initiating additional relief opportunities for all of you to participate in the coming weeks. This will be a long-term effort to aid our members, and the officers of your Local are committed to help them through this process. For now, I ask for your thoughts and prayers for all those affected by Hurricane Katrina. With your help, we can help our members to return some normalcy to their lives.

usacrew3 said:
I was a gate agent in MSY a few years ago and worked with some of the best people in the industry. I was wondering how they were doing? Has anyone heard from anyone there? I know Kelly Hendricks lived in Mid City and it is still flooded today.
My house in Fort Lauderdale is open to any of them who need to get away from the area.
[post="296579"][/post]​
i thought you two were f/a's i flew with both of you before to europe especially you, hugh.

According to the MSY station manager, all are doing well. Many but not all will be taking temporary assignments in other cities with most going to Charlotte. However, some will be scattered in other cities.

gso2pit said:
According to the MSY station manager, all are doing well. Many but not all will be taking temporary assignments in other cities with most going to Charlotte. However, some will be scattered in other cities.
[post="297271"][/post]​

If anyone was interested in coming to Pittsburgh, I have a large 4 bedroom home. The home is also fully applianced and currently vaccant. Trying to help individuals displaced by Katrina in anyway that I can. Anyone interested please contact me via pm.

I just read on flymsy.com that New Orleans is to reopen Concourse A & B today. US Airways occupies nearly all of Concourse A with the exception of 2 gates for Northwest. I haven't read anything about US Airways resuming flights into MSY. Anyone know anything?

Last I heard, MSY flights on US are canceled until Oct 31. There will be a reduced schedule loaded for Nov 1 and beyond. Flights for Oct are still showing in availability, but have been zero'd out. They will be removed from the Res system during a scshedule change load this weekend.

MarkMyWords said:
Last I heard, MSY flights on US are canceled until Oct 31.  There will be a reduced schedule loaded for Nov 1 and beyond.  Flights for Oct are still showing in availability, but have been zero'd out.  They will be removed from the Res system during a scshedule change load this weekend.
[post="300095"][/post]​

I'm half-surprised they haven't taken the opportunity to Mainline Express the station and outsource the ramp. :p :down:

They did finally pull all the October flights. (Of course, being US, they waited until other airlines have restarted service before deciding to disappear for two months.)

November is looking like:
2x CLT, down from 5x
2x PHL, down from 5x
1x DCA, down from 3x
1x LGA, same as before
1x PIT, same as before

December is only showing 1x each to CLT/PHL/DCA, so I'll assume they haven't fixed it that far in advance yet.

Also going to a mix of A319/B733, used to be an all-Airbus station. Not that it means as much, now that they've taken away the laptop power ports. Still, I thought having a station all B737 or all A32X saved on ground equipment costs and whatnot...eh, why should I care, they sure don't. :down:

Back