My Catharsis

R

RBandlow

This is my first and probably my last post. I read but seldom participate in these forums.
I have some thoughts.
1. David Siegle iwas a magnificent manipulator of ALPA and the rest, witness the concessions he garnered during chapter 11 and after, but he FAILED to trash the enormous overhead at USAirways. Countless vice-presidents, directors and the rest. He chose to dump our pension, and ruin every piolot's life at the company.

2. He CHOSE to pay Gangwald and Wolf and Nagen $37 MILLION the day before filing Chapter 11. Take care of the crooks, because HE is one of them! He did not even try to reverse this.

3. He lied (through corporate bureautrical subturfuge, withholding ERISSA information and the rest). The retired pilots lost in court in their challenge of the pension termination because they got pertinent information too late.
Our ALPA lawyers were similarly blinded without accurate information.

4. Now, the corporation is not only on the edge of liquidation, but the pension obligations of the distressed termination EXCEED what would have been required to preserve it!

5. At every turn, David Siegle has chosen to screw employees at every level, rather than foster cooperation and pride in this company. Cancer is too good for him. His compensation is obscene, he has no vision of the future, and no viable plan. He may have sealed the cofin for us all. He blew it, big time.

6. We are very fortunate a major accident has not occured at USAirways. The stress of losing your life's investment as a pilot, 40% pay cuts squandered, with more coming..with NO PLAN? Where would your attention be?

7. Dr. Bronner was right. Switching horses in the river is risky. But Siegle is a loser, lost and drifting. His recent presentation was a magnificent disaster from all
perspectives. If he truly had a plan and a vision for our place in this industry, we would have been there shortly after Chapter 11. He had no agenda beyond screwing countless small business that we owed for stores, debt, and hosing union wages and benefits. He wanted th be another "CHAINSAW." I would like about 5 minutes with him and my Stihl.

8. I am 54 years old. I flew KC-135s from 1972 until 1978. I flew C-141's from 1978 until 1994. I am a retired reservist, and proud of it all. I was hired at Piedmont in October, 1987. I was an Aviation Safety Inspector in Seattle when I was hired. I have 25,000 hours of aviation experience and logged time in various aircraft. I am rated in the B-707, B-720, B-727, B-737, B757, B-767. My daughter is now in college. I missed so much of her life I cannot describe it. All because I felt when I retired, the sacrafice would be wort it all. Commuting to and from Seattle, B Scale, retirement! Now it is ALL gone, all of it.
There is NOTHING left. No reasonable retirement, nothing. DAVE is the reason.

9. If this aimless boat floats for 5 more years I will be amazed. I vote NO to any Siegle ideas.

10. How do you relate to someone who feels they have lost everything because of the failures of others? MANGEMENT, what a joke.

11. I earned an MBA while in the Air Force, have "status " to return to the FAA. That is my intention.

12. I live in an average home, have old cars, and a small boat. My dreams have been trashed by the ineptitude of many, especially David Siegle.

13. Like others, in gathering numbers, I simply show up for my WALL MART job.
No progression, no benefits, and NO RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!!! I just don't care as i used to.

14. I am so sorry I seem so negative, but my life's work has been destroyed. I will NEVER get over it.

Sorry, Rich

Rich, thank you for taking the time and the guts to share with all of the folks who post on this sight. I commend you totally for being so frank and honest. I would have to say, that you are by far, not alone. Many of the folks in this company are in the same boat. It is sad, depressing, but true. I would gather at this time, that many are experiencing a multitude of emotions, thoughts and feelings. Unfortunately, we are all just hanging by a thread. We can only pray that something good and postitive will come out of all the heartache and disappoint that we have shared.

Thanks for sharing your catharsis with those of us on here.

kt :)