There Was A Time

R

RBandlow

There was a time when I would brave snow and ice to make my commute from SEA to the East. PIT for 12 years, and DCA Now. I would do whatever to be there for my trip. It was my responsibility, my job, my ticket to a retirement that would provide. My skill as a pilot with 20, 000 hours of flying in the Air Force, and at USAirways seemed of value, it all seemed worth all I missed at home with my only daughter as she grew up without me there. It seemed to be. It is not now.
Sitney Clark just called to remind me that USAirways was depending on me to fly my trips during the holidays.

I was amazed. This month I will fly nearly 100 pay hours, but of course he, beiong a worthless "non-productive event" never checked that.

I hope to soon retire. There are few resons ANY f/O stay here lest their age restricts them.

There is no incentive, no future, no reason to stay.

SO sad! We have here the most proficient group of pilots in the whole world!
We are all making alternative plans. We have lost our promised pensions, medical benefits and self respect.

We have lost everything as Siegel, Wolf, Gangwall and others walk away with MILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know where it will end, and I don,t know how we will all end up, but I intend to leave as many have. To those who I have known or touched with a "howdy" or a handshake along the way, God's Speed I wish you all well .

I am at the point that I wish it would all go away and I could go back to the FAA.

The pay is the same now, for an F/O.

USAirwaws. A magnificent opportunity. Such a tragic failure in every regard.

I love you all, rampers, dispatchers, fulers that tried to get it right, the bag guys that loaded your siitcase as we were starting engines. We did the best we could, day after grueling day.

Lately it seems to all amount to nothing!
As individuals and as skilled contributors to making things work, our incentive has been trashed.
In the cockpit, on the ramp,in the tug, or on the wing. Our destiny in this mess is beyond our control. It is also beyond the Captain's control.

It seem we are all caught up in a morass of sadness. And we all feel that no one cares.

There was a time when if an employee got hurt on the job, he would be taken care of. Not today.

Company Doctors are a joks, the whole company kows it

I started this because I wanted to say good by to the many people I have met for so long over so many years. Our mechanics have grounded airplane that they should have, and possibly save many lives. We are so bless by their skill.

All this is lost and irrelevent as we face the unrelentus transformation plan.

PIT is a memory. So much pain, I am so sorry.
PIT is a memory,

The truth is, we are all facing survival, and I hope I and you move on soon.
I am done wit commuting, SiTney, and all the rest.

I love this company, I hate the leaders.

Rich (they blew it long ago)

i wish you well in your life after usair. hoep your daughter grows up folowwing in your footsteps though not at usair as we know. godspeed and good luck to you in your post usair life!

Rich..having flown with you many times ..I don't want you to go..but I do agree with everything you say!..Every manager here above the rank of "front line employee" is a liar and thief not to mention a coward. If anyone cared to try a R.I.C.O. indictment against any management type it would stick like glue! Rich I happen to know you are one of the best. Please e-mail me so we can stay in touch...BusFlt321

Rich it was great flying with you and having great overnites. Ill still were my xmas tie every holiday and think of your jokes about it. Unfortunately its time for me is done im about to move on. Sad to say going to miss alot of good folks around this place. Good luck rich

Rich,

I too enjoyed flying with you.

I still miss PIT and the MD80. A "real" airplane.

Best wishes. . .

Bus Driver

Latest posts