NAACP, LIBERALS, PROGRESSIVES and OTHER STUPID THINGS!

eolesen said:
Yep, this is a bi-partisan issue, but only one of the two parties in the red states seems to think it is worthy of filing repeated lawsuits to squelch the potential for fraud.It wouldn't surprise me to find there are hundreds if not thousands of cases of voter fraud that never get caught for every one case where it's clearly identified.The fact that even AG Eric Holder's ballot was able to be stolen should tell you something (other than the fact that he apparently hadn't voted yet!).
Voter ID fraud is a sub set of voter fraud. If a ballot was stollen (I assjme we are talking about a absentee ballot?) the voter ID law would not affect that as its done by mail.

I have no doubt it would not surprise you. The fact that you are wilking to spend tax payer money on something which the evidence says does not exist is also not surprising.

southwind said:
The question was "Have you or any other progressive liberal demorat told Barry-O he was racist"?.....Nope! But yet you want to label people like me racist's simply because of our political belief!
We already know he's a Bigot!
I have othing to indicate if Obama is a bigot or not. As far as I am aware I have never said you were a bigot either. What comments has Obama made that lead you to believe he is a racist?

Ms Tree said:
I have othing to indicate if Obama is a bigot or not. As far as I am aware I have never said you were a bigot either. What comments has Obama made that lead you to believe he is a racist?

That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn." -- Barack Obama

"I found solice in nursing a pervasive sense of grievancee and animosity against my mother's race" Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams of My Father

The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..." -- Barack Obama

Obama_Racist.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
No idea what states had the voter Id Fraud. That fact that there were only 10 over ten year period says the issue is irrelevant.

Do a search for "rspublican lawyer study on vater ID fraud". I think that is how I found tbe study.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

You keep spouting this "fact" about 10 cases of voter id fraud over 10 years but haven't provided a citation! Just post your source, or is that asking too much?

Knotbuyinit said:
You obviously don't know what you're talking about.You keep spouting this "fact" about 10 cases of voter id fraud over 10 years but haven't provided a citation! Just post your source, or is that asking too much?
Look it up for your self.

View attachment 10010

You are more likely to see a UFO (unless you are a CT GUY) than to have voter fraud actually happen in your election.

New database of US voter fraud finds no evidence that photo ID laws are needed
Saturday Aug 11, 2012 5:59 PM
First of a series of articles, Who Can Vote: a News21 investigation of voting rights in America

By Natasha Khan and Corbin Carson, News21
A new nationwide analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.

In an exhaustive public records search, reporters from the investigative reporting projecdt News21 sent thousands of requests to elections officers in all 50 states, asking for every case of fraudulent activity including registration fraud, absentee ballot fraud, vote buying, false election counts, campaign fraud, casting an ineligible vote, voting twice, voter impersonation fraud and intimidation.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/11/13236464-new-database-of-us-voter-fraud-finds-no-evidence-that-photo-id-laws-are-needed?lite"][/url]

Analysis of the resulting comprehensive News21 election fraud database turned up 10 cases of voter impersonation. With 146 million registered voters in the United States during that time, those 10 cases represent one out of about every 15 million prospective voters.

"His spokesman said Turzai meant that Pennsylvanias election would be fair and free of fraud because of the new ID law. Democrats, however, said Turzai meant the law, signed in March, would suppress Democratic votes.

According to Pennsylvanias Department of State and the Department of Transportation, as many as 758,000 people, about 9 percent of the states 8.2 million registered voters currently dont have the identification that now will be required at the polling place.

Even if 90 percent of those voters got the correct identification by Nov. 6, that still could leave 75,800 voters disenfranchised.

The U.S. Justice Department is investigating whether the ID law violates the 1965 federal Voting Rights Act by discriminating against minorities, according to a July 23 letter to Pennsylvania Secretary of State Carol Aichele.

A coalition of civil-rights groups led by the American Civil Liberties Union has sued Pennsylvania in state court, arguing the voter ID law would deprive citizens of their right to vote. The trial began July 25.

In a pretrial document released by the ACLU, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, represented by the state Attorney Generals Office, could not identify any cases of voter impersonation at the polls.

The state said it would offer no evidence that in-person voter fraud has in fact occurred in Pennsylvania or elsewhere or that in-person voter fraud is likely to occur in November 2012 in the absence of a photo ID law.

Pennsylvania officials, who responded to the News21 public record requests, also reported no cases of Election Day voter-impersonation fraud since 2000."

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

You are more likely to see a UFO (unless you are a CT GUY) than to have voter fraud actually happen in your election.

First of a series of articles, Who Can Vote: a News21 investigation of voting rights in America

A new nationwide analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.

In an exhaustive public records search, reporters from the investigative reporting projecdt News21 sent thousands of requests to elections officers in all 50 states, asking for every case of fraudulent activity including registration fraud, absentee ballot fraud, vote buying, false election counts, campaign fraud, casting an ineligible vote, voting twice, voter impersonation fraud and intimidation.

"]http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/11/13236464-new-database-of-us-voter-fraud-finds-no-evidence-that-photo-id-laws-are-needed?lite"]

Analysis of the resulting comprehensive News21 election fraud database turned up 10 cases of voter impersonation. With 146 million registered voters in the United States during that time, those 10 cases represent one out of about every 15 million prospective voters.

"His spokesman said Turzai meant that Pennsylvanias election would be fair and free of fraud because of the new ID law. Democrats, however, said Turzai meant the law, signed in March, would suppress Democratic votes.

According to Pennsylvanias Department of State and the Department of Transportation, as many as 758,000 people, about 9 percent of the states 8.2 million registered voters currently dont have the identification that now will be required at the polling place.

Even if 90 percent of those voters got the correct identification by Nov. 6, that still could leave 75,800 voters disenfranchised.

The U.S. Justice Department is investigating whether the ID law violates the 1965 federal Voting Rights Act by discriminating against minorities, according to a July 23 letter to Pennsylvania Secretary of State Carol Aichele.

A coalition of civil-rights groups led by the American Civil Liberties Union has sued Pennsylvania in state court, arguing the voter ID law would deprive citizens of their right to vote. The trial began July 25.

In a pretrial document released by the ACLU, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, represented by the state Attorney Generals Office, could not identify any cases of voter impersonation at the polls.

The state said it would offer no evidence that in-person voter fraud has in fact occurred in Pennsylvania or elsewhere or that in-person voter fraud is likely to occur in November 2012 in the absence of a photo ID law.

Pennsylvania officials, who responded to the News21 public record requests, also reported no cases of Election Day voter-impersonation fraud since 2000."
Nice, but likewise, there is no evidence that voter photo id requirements have disenfranchised anyone, just speculation.

Now that several states have enacted voter photo id requirements, lets do an extensive investigation to see if these laws have lead to voter disenfranchisement. Should be easy enough to do, right Glen? Just kidding. Voter turn out varies from election to election and we can only speculate as to the reasons some people turned out to vote and others didn't. Just as you can't accurately determine the amount of voter fraud, we can't accurately determine the amount of people who were disenfranchised because of voter photo id requirements. To my knowledge there is no active door to door survey conducted to determine the reasons people that were registered to vote, didn't.

If you are a US citizen, you have a right to vote. It seems more than reasonable that you should have to prove you are who you say you are. Just ask Eric Holder.

The requirement to have a photo id to vote has nothing to do with voter fraud.

Knotbuyinit said:
So I guess you don't have a source. As usual, manufactured data to support your straw man argument.
Im on my cell and xont feel like trying to cut and paste. I tild you the seach parameters. If you want a nurse maid to spoon feed it to you go call your mother. That is not my job. Ignoring the facts does not mean they dont exist.

Glenn Quagmire said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/11/13236464-new-database-of-us-voter-fraud-finds-no-evidence-that-photo-id-laws-are-needed?lite"%5D"%5D]http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/11/13236464-new-database-of-us-voter-fraud-finds-no-evidence-that-photo-id-laws-are-needed?lite"][/url]

I think those numbers came off the republican lawyers association study. They sound very familiar.

Glenn Quagmire said:

Wonder if they bothered to check why Holder's office wouldn't let Florida use federal  records to cross reference non-citizens on Florida's voter registry and make an accurate purge of their records.

Knotbuyinit said:

How many of the states you listed are led by Dems? Here, let me help you out;

Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.

Looks like about 40% are in solid blue states. How do this fact support your argument that voter suppression is a Republican only issue? 

You need to provide a source for the 10 cases of voter ID fraud you are using to support your argument. Were they in blue states or red states?

Put up or shut up!     
Missouri State House is Republican by a 3 to 1 majority.  Their ID law was struck down and will be on the ballot again this year.  Montana ID bill was struck down.  Virginia Gov McDonnell was a republican last I checked. Their House also has a republican majority.

You should double check your work a little better.