Name is Inverted on Ticket

SUNDIN33

May 7, 2013
I booked a flight with American Airlines using priceline, and i just noticed my name is inverted/reversed (last name is my first name, first name is my last name) on my ticket. Will this be a problem? They want to charge me $75 to change my tickets. Should i pay it or take my chances?

I booked a flight with American Airlines using priceline, and i just noticed my name is inverted/reversed (last name is my first name, first name is my last name) on my ticket. Will this be a problem? They want to charge me $75 to change my tickets. Should i pay it or take my chances?

Contact AA reservations, (800)-433-7300 they should be able to make a courtesy change for you. If they aren't able to help contact Priceline directly.

Josh

I did contact priceline, they said it would cost 75$. American Airlines said I had to go through priceline.

When you buy discounted tickets thru a middle-man, they're obligated to fix THEIR errors. And to be fair, you are the one who typed in your name, not Priceline or AA...

If AA has a change fee attached to the fare, and Priceline changes the ticket, AA is going to charge them the fee. That's why Priceline said to check with AA... They don't to be charged the penalty.

I don't work for AA anymore, but this is something we'd have fixed without a charge. Not knowing (and not wanting to know) where your trip will start, there's probably a 50/50 chance they'd fix an inverted name.

I did contact priceline, they said it would cost 75$. American Airlines said I had to go through priceline.

First of all, it's not your mistake, you should not have to pay for the mistake. I wouldn't chance it as they are cracking down on acurrate names on tickets.
Secondly, you should have booked on Southwest where you would not have been charged to make the change.

Reactions: 1 person
When you buy discounted tickets thru a middle-man, they're obligated to fix THEIR errors. And to be fair, you are the one who typed in your name, not Priceline or AA...

If AA has a change fee attached to the fare, and Priceline changes the ticket, AA is going to charge them the fee. That's why Priceline said to check with AA... They don't to be charged the penalty.

I don't work for AA anymore, but this is something we'd have fixed without a charge. Not knowing (and not wanting to know) where your trip will start, there's probably a 50/50 chance they'd fix an inverted name.
Which is total hogwash, it shouldn't be a 50/50 crap shoot whether they will fix it or not, it should be 100% that they will.

I don't see it being an issue at security or the gate, if it was international that might be another issue.

How did this work out for you? I booked a ticket through Expedia in error in my maiden name but my ID's are in my married name. Expedia won't honor the error but UA noted the record of the correct name and I will take my marriage cert with me for additional proof. Thanks for any update!