need help identifying an aircraft

dctaxidriver

Jan 24, 2008
hi,

i was wondering if any of you could help identify a plane i shot some pictures of. unfortunately the plane was far away and my camera's zoom wasnt exactly the greatest, otherwise i might have figured it out myself.

FLYOVER161superzoom.jpg

FLYOVER161superzoomneg.jpg

FLYOVER161superzoomneged.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h279/hat...zoomeded161.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h279/hat...mededneg161.jpg

my friend says it is most likely a C130, but i argue that it only seems to have 2 engines. i looked at many pics of faraway views of C130's, and only in one of those pics could you see 2 engines (instead of 4), and that was because of the orientation of the plane and its distance from the camera. so it is possible for a C130 to appear as if it only has 2 engines if the conditions are right, but it is unusual.

hence i appeal to you guys/gals, the experts, to see what you can make of it. any help or leads you could offer would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

:up:

hi,

i was wondering if any of you could help identify a plane i shot some pictures of. unfortunately the plane was far away and my camera's zoom wasnt exactly the greatest, otherwise i might have figured it out myself.

my friend says it is most likely a C130, but i argue that it only seems to have 2 engines. i looked at many pics of faraway views of C130's, and only in one of those pics could you see 2 engines (instead of 4), and that was because of the orientation of the plane and its distance from the camera. so it is possible for a C130 to appear as if it only has 2 engines if the conditions are right, but it is unusual.

hence i appeal to you guys/gals, the experts, to see what you can make of it. any help or leads you could offer would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

:up:

hi,

I would say that that's a C160, a smaller twin-engine version of the C130.

Sorta looks like a B25, But I have a question, was the pix taken from above or below, If it was taken from above then I'd say it was the Navy's version of the AWACS. The reason I say this is if you look there seems to be a bulge at what appears to be the top.

Back