Need new benefit enrollment help!

Dark Cloud

Aug 20, 2002
Could someone help me out? I am a new retiree. (sept 1) and never received my enrollment kit. After finally getting through to Benefit Adm. The lady told me that new retirees will be enrolling later in Nov. I read that Nov.1st was the last date for enrollments. I just want to make sure that this is correct. She said that the new retirees won''t hear anything until after Nov.11th. I would hate to wait till the middle of Nov. and then I find out I was wrong. Could someone verify this? Wish the Co. would come out with something on this in the HUB. Thanks!

Hi--new retiree--I retired Dec 1 last year and received my package about 2 weeks ago and just figured it out today. Actually was ready and registered on line. If you aren't old and worked for U for more than 25 years it won't be much of a retirement check after paying for insurance. I get $71 take home now after medical and dental and taxes. It was pretty easy to sign up online though as long as you know your password. Good luck on the outside world.

[P]From the benefits meeting I attended, I thought they said the retirees were mailed first and then the rest of us. I got my package about 7 days ago. I would check back again to see. Everything I see says enrollment ends Nov 1.[/P]
[P]1-800-577-1067 M-F 8am-8pm just to verify again.[/P]

Drifterreno- Just got finished talking with Benefits Adm.- From what I understand is that the employees that retired in Sept are not going to get their enrollment kits till after the first week of Nov. ( I do hope I understand it correctly. ) And you will only have a couple days to enroll. Some employees I 'm afraid are going to get the shaft' on this one. If the employee is on vacation or away, they could wind up with no spouse insurance, if they don't enroll in time. This whole thing should have been like a months enrollment period. Not 2 weeks. or several days. What if someone is away for several weeks, they are out of luck, and its not of their doing. Guess thats what you get for giving 34 years to a co. ! Thanks for the help !