New AA Logo and Livery

The tail design is suppose to represent the American flag of this country. It is actually the best interpretation of the Bastardization of the American Flag.

Really? The American flag has 13 stripes. Our planes only have 11. Was a decision made that 2 of the 13 original colonies don't count? If so, which 2? Did an airport in those two fail to give AA a landing fee subsidy or something? :lol:

Really? The American flag has 13 stripes. Our planes only have 11. Was a decision made that 2 of the 13 original colonies don't count? If so, which 2? Did an airport in those two fail to give AA a landing fee subsidy or something? :lol:

AA came out in its defense of the design that the tail represents the American flag. I guess they forgot how to count.

Saw the livery up close yesterday... it's not as bad in person as it was in the press releases.

The logo is growing on me as well, having seen it on the website, in print, and on the airplane.

I know most employees won't appreciate the fact AA needed a total image makeover. A subtle change wasn't going to work -- it needed a loud smack across the face type of change that would break all association with the previous branding, and in a lot of ways, the previous airline.

Love it or hate it, that's what this was intended to do.

In some ways, it's not too different from the total changeover y'all wanted in the executive suite.

Time will tell if it works or not.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/aviation_polls/read.main/129532/

Any one of these would have been better..

Now that is funny! Well done Jimntx

i think the livery was designed to evoke the US Airways livery as well

Also I bet that the final two stripes on the tail will be added on the bottom and extend forward on the fuselage to evoke the US Airways' belly paint

i think the livery was designed to evoke the US Airways livery as well

Also I bet that the final two stripes on the tail will be added on the bottom and extend forward on the fuselage to evoke the US Airways' belly paint

oh and by the way usairways stupid 'flag' logo doesnt hav e the correct number of stripes either so who' s counting?

Latest posts

Back