New AA Union Drive

Translation: In the course of a year AMP couldn't get enough cards signed for an election.

So we can have an even more ineffective union if we get more cards signed. Or keep the TWU that actually gets tentative agreements done.
And you Sir/Madam have no clue what you are talking about. Which is it, and who is we?

You state in opposition of an attempt to right many believe a course of action and then claim to belong to the same affiliation.

The team of the TWU International and the company have "connived" to lower the earning power of the employees. Weather through wages and benefits or through morale, since 1983 when the TWU agreed to basically half compensation for new hires and the company agreed. However I expect it from the company.

–verb (used without object), -nived, -niv·ing.
1. to cooperate secretly; conspire (often followed by with ): They connived to take over the business.
2. to avoid noticing something that one is expected to oppose or condemn; give aid to wrongdoing by forbearing to act or speak (usually followed by at ): The policeman connived at traffic violations.
3. to be indulgent toward something others oppose or criticize (usually followed by at ): to connive at childlike exaggerations.

When is the vote, the cards at ORD are getting close to year old?

Do new cards need to be signed?

Is TUL on board yet? It sounds like the company moved off of 7 day coverage.
I resigned a card this last week in TUL. As for 7-day coverage, 1D is the only 7-day covrage line in TULE, performing 737 OH.

When is the vote, the cards at ORD are getting close to year old?

Do new cards need to be signed?

Is TUL on board yet? It sounds like the company moved off of 7 day coverage.
Get with Roger up there, we are re-signing, and TUL is slowly coming online with more organizers along with MIA and your hometown ORD.

I resigned a card this last week in TUL. As for 7-day coverage, 1D is the only 7-day covrage line in TULE, performing 737 OH.
Buck, I would think all of 1D would sign cards in lieu of the fact that while they work weekends on straight time, their inspectors and support personnel are all on overtime and the "Injustice To One Is An Injustice To All" union has nothing to say about it.

Translation: In the course of a year AMP couldn't get enough cards signed for an election.

So we can have an even more ineffective union if we get more cards signed. Or keep the TWU that actually gets tentative agreements done.

Wow, nothing gets past you does it?

Why do you not add in your post that although a year has passed much has been accomplished. First the biggest thing you are afraid to admit is that a year ago 8 people started organizing this drive. A Constitution, web site and other aspects of forming an independent union were achieved. One year later there are organizers across the system. Obvioulsy 8 people do not know 11,000 people yet we came close to collecting enough cards to guarantee an election with the NMB.

No one said or indicated that it would take less than one year to achieve the number of cards needed. Most independent card drives have taken more than one year. I understand your haste, I too wish to remove the twu from representing my Craft & Class. Good things come to those who wait.

"Ineffective"? Go back and re-read my post. In one year we have educated more members and have had more volunteers support the AMP drive than you care to admit.

So the re-signing begins. No big deal. People signed a card before they will sign another one. Getting the remaining cards will be a snap.

You are correct about the twu getting tentative agreements... CONCESSIONARY CONTRACTS that is! I can't wait to hear Jim Little's big news coming out in August. LOL!

Wow, nothing gets past you does it?

Why do you not add in your post that although a year has passed much has been accomplished. First the biggest thing you are afraid to admit is that a year ago 8 people started organizing this drive. A Constitution, web site and other aspects of forming an independent union were achieved. One year later there are organizers across the system. Obvioulsy 8 people do not know 11,000 people yet we came close to collecting enough cards to guarantee an election with the NMB.

No one said or indicated that it would take less than one year to achieve the number of cards needed. Most independent card drives have taken more than one year. I understand your haste, I too wish to remove the twu from representing my Craft & Class. Good things come to those who wait.

"Ineffective"? Go back and re-read my post. In one year we have educated more members and have had more volunteers support the AMP drive than you care to admit.

So the re-signing begins. No big deal. People signed a card before they will sign another one. Getting the remaining cards will be a snap.

You are correct about the twu getting tentative agreements... CONCESSIONARY CONTRACTS that is! I can't wait to hear Jim Little's big news coming out in August. LOL!
I'd love to see all unions stand for reelection like the House of Representatives must every 2 years. That alone would put the brakes on many things.

Buck, I would think all of 1D would sign cards in lieu of the fact that while they work weekends on straight time, their inspectors and support personnel are all on overtime and the "Injustice To One Is An Injustice To All" union has nothing to say about it.
90% of 1D has bid off or are bidding off. Most of the people are new to the dock but not the airline industry. We have quite a few former TWA mechanics that are good mechanics.

90% of 1D has bid off or are bidding off. Most of the people are new to the dock but not the airline industry. We have quite a few former TWA mechanics that are good mechanics.
Where else in Tulsa do so few work the weekend on straight time and everyone else make time and a half? It won't take long before reality sets in with the new guys and they'll be bidding out as well.

Back