Nightwatch

Veteran
Jun 8, 2004
Industry Item ..........Responsible Union
Outsourcing....................................IAM/TWU
Furloughs...................................... IAM/TWU
Benefit Losses................................IAM/TWU
Wage Concession...........................IAM/TWU

Since the AMFA drive has begun at AA there has never been an instance where AMFA has been responsible for any one major negative issue involving the airline industry.

Yet Sackman states “AMFA has been at NWA for several years now. I would think that the NWA M@R would have had a iam card drive that surpassed the 500 card mark by now, but the iam can't get there. Why is that???â€

It should be obvious even to Sackman that the IAM or the TWU would never hold a candle to the unblemished record of the powerful and most respected AMFA. Currently AMFA represents more airlines than any other union. Put aside that the “active†number of these members dwindles daily, IT IS NOT AMFA’s fault. It’s true that they have been BA at NWA for several years now, but it is not yet time for them to take responsibility. AMFA received a “home warranty†with their acceptance as the new union. They received the ability to lay blame, for numerous years, any and all regressive acts to their industry, upon the other unions of the USA. They have the ability to address the actions of the AFL-CIO, even though they want nothing to do with the AFL-CIO.

Currently AMFA is on a high. Why just a few years ago delle was issuing letters to close the International due to lack of funds/dues. It’s has been told by many an AMFA supporter how delle slept in his car, operated the International out of his trunk, and single handedly took on the largest unions of the USA. Delle again ran unopposed in his last election, what a true leader. He scares away the competition of his office with his professionalism and his God given talents as an orator of men. If there were more men like delle there would be no evil in this world, grass would never turn brown, and yes, even Sackman could grow hair on his nugget/nuggets.

Perhaps someday we will be able to witness the day AMFA takes responsibility for changes to the industry it represents. However, there’s a better chance we will not be working in the profession to see it.

And when will the TWU accept responsibility for the twenty years of concessions?

When will the TWU accept responsibility for the lowest average wages in the industry?

When will the TWU accept responsibility for the SRP/OSM classification?

I understand your grief, and you just proved my point. AMFA will NEVER be to blame nada, zilch, anything.

Nightwatch said:
I understand your grief, and you just proved my point. AMFA will NEVER be to blame nada, zilch, anything.
My grief is the TWU destroying the industry.

Why do you care about what AMFA is doing?

You had better watch the TWU and the company.....

After all the preaching you have done about AMFA I tend to watch them closely. AMFA is what is affecting my profession with their LOA's and such. Speaking of LOA's, nice one posted at AMFA Local 9's homepage, a whole lot of genius went into that outsourcing LOA POS!

You really should concentrate on what is happening with American Airlines and the TWU. Your fear of AMFA, who is not on the property, is amazing. Jim Little has declared the drive over, which must make everything ok. So I would not worry about AMFA, even the Tulsa World has declared us happy.

It seems AA even with the highly inflated list of eligible voters has admitted that they were wrong and or have no evidence to dispute at least 371 more names challenged by AMFA. This means AMFA submitted more than enough cards even with the list still as inflated as it is. With Twscrew’s credibility in the toilet AMFA will get an election and AMFA will win. The Board has determined that the single craft or class of Airline Mechanics, Ground Service, Plant Maintenance, and Fleet Service Personnel is no longer a proper craft or class at either American or TWA-LLC. The proper crafts or classes are Mechanics and Related Employees, and Fleet Service Employees. American Airlines, Inc./TWA Airlines, LLC., 29 NMB 240, 251 (2002).1. NO VOTE :angry: NO PEACE!!!!!!!

Well Mr. Inaman, I'm sure that headcount has something to do with AMFA's POS LOA on outsourcing, I'll keep looking.

And Buck, I am more worried about AMFA's impact on my profession than I am Mr. Jim Little. I do not fear AMFA, I fear what AMFA will feed the companies it represents in the form of outsourcing and further POS LOA's.

Nightwatch said:
Well Mr. Inaman, I'm sure that headcount has something to do with AMFA's POS LOA on outsourcing, I'll keep looking.

And Buck, I am more worried about AMFA's impact on my profession than I am Mr. Jim Little. I do not fear AMFA, I fear what AMFA will feed the companies it represents in the form of outsourcing and further POS LOA's.
But you are worried about the what the TWU and American are doing?

Just how low in wages and benefits will you condone before you really want to protect your profession?

With every concession you are destroying the profession. You may create a job, but what you are actually doing is playing into the company's hand.

How many of those retiring this year are being replaced from the street?

If you do not replace those who retire and you allow for the massive concessions, then you are accomplishing the company's goal, not unionism.

LOA, every LOA the TWU has conceded to has never been voted on by the membership. Clean your own house before you clean another.

I am sure Buck that everyone is aware of and watches with concern what the company is doing and why, regardless if they are pro amfa or TWU.

How low are you willing to go is an old amfa adage, do you have any new ones Buck? It is the right of the membership to vote on how they each individually feel about any concessions or any part of the contract put forth to them for a vote.

With every concession I am destroying my profession? I believe I retained the ability to keep working within my profession, and not supporting my profession while working in another. Had I received the protection as you perhaps my vote would have been different, care to share that seniority and protectionary clause?

So you believe that the amfa LOA's at NWA concerning outsourcing/insourcing are another ingenious move by amfa? Talk about damaging our profession! The other airlines will follow suit just to stay competitive, amfa leads the way alright, right out of a job as I see it.

How low are you willing to go is an old amfa adage, do you have any new ones Buck?

Well the Ten Commandments are pretty old too, same with the Golden Rule,are you saying that just because its "old" they no longer apply?

It is the right of the membership to vote on how they each individually feel about any concessions or any part of the contract put forth to them for a vote.

And it is the duty of the union to try and get the best deal possible for the members and to give them as much information as possible. The fact is the union failed. Important information that would have changed the way many people voted was withheld. When it was later revealed-in the WSJ the union promised a revote, then reneged.

With every concession I am destroying my profession? I believe I retained the ability to keep working within my profession, and not supporting my profession while working in another. Had I received the protection as you perhaps my vote would have been different, care to share that seniority and protectionary clause?

Did you ever consider reading the contract? Dont you realize that it could be argued that even though you did not have system protection that your seniority in effect gives you system protection because Article 15 says nothing about system protection? In other words if the layoff stops at a system protected employee with less occupational seniority than you, how can they lay you off? The contract clearly states occupational seniority is the determining factor in layoffs, system protection is another issue.

However, as I informed your board last year during my brief visit, by voting to roll system protection back, a disproportionate number of workers from MCI are no longer afforded this protection. By rolling it back from 2001 to 1998, instead of members with 4 years (now 7) or less being exposed to a layoff members with 16 (now 19)years or less are exposed. You may not have been entitled to recieve the $12500 but you would still have your job. This makes it easier for the company to close MCI at minimal cost to the company now. All those with 19 years or less, those who are more likely to move around to keep their job, can be laid off with no right to displace and those with enough seniority to displace are less likely to excercise that right because of their age. This allows the company to get rid of more top paid-max vacation, higher health care cost risk workers.

I have no doubt that the demographics have been studied. Before this contract is up, workers at MCI with 24 years or less will be left unprotected. What does the junior man there at present have? At that point, with the high liabilities that such an older workforce with max everything in an old, out dated facility the company may see closing MCI as a financially responsible move. Are you counting on the TWU to save you? If the company offers them representation of the thousands of agents by not challenging a 35% showing of interest what do you think the TWU will do? Do you think that they will turn down the chance for thousands of new members for a thousand ex-IAM members, many with only a few working years left?

So you believe that the amfa LOA's at NWA concerning outsourcing/insourcing are another ingenious move by amfa? Talk about damaging our profession!

Do you mean as compared to the TWUs agreement to outsource R&D, Deicing and cabin inspections to non-A&Ps? Like the TWUs creation of OSMs?

The other airlines will follow suit just to stay competitive, amfa leads the way alright, right out of a job as I see it.

Do you mean following the TWU?

I am sure Buck that everyone is aware of and watches with concern what the company is doing and why, regardless if they are pro amfa or TWU.

You are blinded by the twu and save your job mentality. The company has changed nothing the turnaround plan is all about the twu concessions. Wake up you blabbering idiot ! ! ! ! !
We are all concerned the only people who are not concerned are the twu and AArogant airlines.

It is the right of the membership to vote on how they each individually feel about any concessions or any part of the contract put forth to them for a vote

It is your right to vote yes. As you have proved. You must be one of those original AA mechs who never had another job. You are blind this is Pan American all over again. You think that your concessions are going to save this airline you are sadly mistaken. Keep giving so the Board can offer ARPEEEE another 100K bonus you idiot.

You have all the answers just like that arse CIO. Well bright eyes tell me what AA is doing to turn around this sinking lump of sit. I am all ears. We are doing the same business we did 3 years ago nothing has changed. Open your eyes fool nothing is different than it was 3 years ago except your pay and benefits.

The only thing that is going to change is the color on that tail :lol:

THE FACT IS LIQUIDATION IN 3 YEARS :lol:

More concessions to follow and more bonuses for Arpeee keep voting yes JACKASS

They changed something they upgraded two people to supervisor from union positions and hired a level 6 manager in tulsa. I read an article in the Tulsa world yesterday about a lady at south west who does the job of 5 American Airlines VP's. AA is really sharing in the sacrifice just like Jim Little and the rest of the TWscrew officers. Jim little 20k increase in pay in 2003.

They're not going to liquidate on $5 bil. a quarter in revenue. Though the whole place will be an eagle outfit eventually.

Yes but, the twu is going to pull out all the stops and hold management accountable for shared sacrifice, remember? LMAO

Steve, that letter of agreement will add jobs at UAL. If there is something you do not like about it, please post your concern so that we may address it. At any sense of the imagination the membership at UAL will vote on the LOA, where here at AA witht the TWU as a lapdog of the company, there is not a chance anyone would vote on a LOA. When was the last time you voted on one??? I would bet that you are not willing to go that far and instead will just spout off in a general statement that it's bad because you are a still just a twu wannabe without any credibility or integrity.

Can you answer this: Who said: "I don't know who I am and I don't know where we are going but, I do know that over 50% of this base hates the twu" ?????

Hint: Dennis ******** of local 514.