New Code share

NZ is a wonderful airline. I have to wonder, though. If half of what you guys are saying about your own airline is true, why would NZ want to get involved?

Particularly with the current res system...Can you imagine passengers arriving at LAX, changing terminals (a pain in itself), then getting to NZ's check-in to find out that NZ has no record of them? But, their luggage goes seamlessly via interline connection to SYD? :shock:

I certainly won't argue with you about the poor performance of the SHARES system, especially when it pertains to international travel between two carriers. Before the merger, AWA did codeshare with NWA via LAX and SFO to Asia as well as QANTAS with connections via LAX to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. Virgin Atlantic and British Airways codeshare flights were also offered via LAX to Heathrow. These codeshares usually worked quite well with passengers receiving boarding passes all the way to their final destinations, baggage being interlined all the way through, etc. We can only hope that the same efficiency would work with this new code share with NZ.

Fortunately at LAX, our flights operate from Terminal 1 and NZ operates from Terminal 2. These terminals being right next door to each other and a short walking distance between the two should make inter-terminal connections simple. The Star Alliance connections between US and UAL where the terminals are at opposite ends of the LAX "horseshoe" layout are much more difficult.

I certainly won't argue with you about the poor performance of the SHARES system, especially when it pertains to international travel between two carriers. Before the merger, AWA did codeshare with NWA via LAX and SFO to Asia as well as QANTAS with connections via LAX to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. Virgin Atlantic and British Airways codeshare flights were also offered via LAX to Heathrow. These codeshares usually worked quite well with passengers receiving boarding passes all the way to their final destinations, baggage being interlined all the way through, etc. We can only hope that the same efficiency would work with this new code share with NZ.

Fortunately at LAX, our flights operate from Terminal 1 and NZ operates from Terminal 2. These terminals being right next door to each other and a short walking distance between the two should make inter-terminal connections simple. The Star Alliance connections between US and UAL where the terminals are at opposite ends of the LAX "horseshoe" layout are much more difficult.

Very true about the convenience of connecting US to NZ! Is there any news of "Moving Under One Roof" at LAX?

At LAX, I think their should be a Star Alliance shuttle going between T1,T2,TBIT and UA Terminal(7 or 8?) that would operate air side. Since baggage is not a problem(being passed via interline), a air side shuttle would make connecting at LAX(mostly for domestic to domestic and domestic to international) connections much easier.

Btw, folks NZ's Koru Intl Lounge at LAX is superb. The 50 dollar day pass is completely worth it for non Star Gold/Biz paxs. Hot foods, wines from New Zealand, numerous computer stations and spa type showers. Very nice!

Fortunately at LAX, our flights operate from Terminal 1 and NZ operates from Terminal 2. These terminals being right next door to each other and a short walking distance between the two should make inter-terminal connections simple.

And, for those passengers unable or unwilling to walk, at least the one-way bus traffic is traveling in the right direction.

I for one am excited about this since I plan on trying to use my US Dividend miles for a Star Alliance booking to Australia and New Zealand late next year.

Alot have brought up the question on how Shares can handle a seamless travel experience from say CLT to AKL via LAX on US and NZ. I don't know how much about the current reservation system but did I not read somewhere recently where US and SQ are code-sharing? If so, how is that doing?

And look you didn't racially attack me in that one!! Your're right, there is and he's good!!!

AWA, I have NEVER racially attacked you. If you want to believe that, go right ahead. I have only pointed out that minorities that follow the same actions that they criticiize are hypocrites. You and many may want to pull an Imus on me, but it ain't gonna work buckoo!! Pointing out YOUR shiit does not make ME a racist!! I realize white folk are considered racist when they called black folk out on their sh!!t, but NO WAY will I let you get away with that...so nice try, but not ONE person has said a thing to me...so quess what? Go back into your victimized, everyone hates me, chip on my shoulder, angry hole and have a nice day. BETTER YET, IGNORE ME!!!

I have a meeting with Parker and Kirby in the morning to discuss a res system called system one! Does anyone remember that system and where it came from???
I believe that SYSTEM ONE is actually in SHARES. Back when Lorenzo ran Continental, and Eastern, System One was the EA res system. Lorenzo transfered it to Continental Holdings before shutting down Eastern.

I remember back when HP had cross utilization, that they (HP and CO) referred to SHARES and System One SHARES.

I could be wrong, but I don't think System one exists all by it self anymore.

AWA, I have NEVER racially attacked you. If you want to believe that, go right ahead. I have only pointed out that minorities that follow the same actions that they criticiize are hypocrites. You and many may want to pull an Imus on me, but it ain't gonna work buckoo!! Pointing out YOUR shiit does not make ME a racist!! I realize white folk are considered racist when they called black folk out on their sh!!t, but NO WAY will I let you get away with that...so nice try, but not ONE person has said a thing to me...so quess what? Go back into your victimized, everyone hates me, chip on my shoulder, angry hole and have a nice day. BETTER YET, IGNORE ME!!!

Short and sweet LCC your statement was "she is not dark enough" in reference to my grandmother!! Nuff said...

BTW I don't do the Ignore thing LCC

Short and sweet LCC your statement was "she is not dark enough" in reference to my grandmother!! Nuff said...

BTW I don't do the Ignore thing LCC

That's all you got? Lame and useless!! Thx Al Sharpton, I'll keep that in mind... WHATEVER!!! Btw, How IS Ms Brawley?

Latest posts