New Destinations for 2008

AstroLounge

Veteran
Oct 10, 2005
Here it is January and there hasn't been ANY announcement of NEW destinations planned for 2008, be it seasonal or longterm. Certainly the Gate situation in PHL and the lack of suitable airframes at our disposal play a factor, but what seems to be the problem? From various sources I was told Moscow, Birmingham UK, Tel Aviv and Istanbul were being considered along with Copenhagen, Berlin and Nice (for the geographically impared It's in France....pronounced like NEICE and not an accurate description of how I play when you P*ss me off < hint, UPANDAWAY> nice. ANYWAYS........has anyone heard anything or do we need to enlist etops to email his cronnies to solicit an answer, be it truthful or hotair?

Here it is January and there hasn't been ANY announcement of NEW destinations planned for 2008, be it seasonal or longterm. Certainly the Gate situation in PHL and the lack of suitable airframes at our disposal play a factor, but what seems to be the problem? From various sources I was told Moscow, Birmingham UK, Tel Aviv and Istanbul were being considered along with Copenhagen, Berlin and Nice (for the geographically impared It's in France....pronounced like NEICE and not an accurate description of how I play when you P*ss me off < hint, UPANDAWAY> nice. ANYWAYS........has anyone heard anything or do we need to enlist etops to email his cronnies to solicit an answer, be it truthful or hotair?

And just what equipment do you think they would fly to these new destinations? CRJ's to Tel Aviv with 20 fuel stops on the way?

Hmmmm...well the airline started heading to the crapper 2 years ago after the merge, so I guess that's not considered new....

New destinations will be flown by express. More lucrative and less expensive than wasting time and talent using mainline jets. What is it you folks don't understand about where this company is heading?

Here it is January and there hasn't been ANY announcement of NEW destinations planned for 2008, be it seasonal or longterm. Certainly the Gate situation in PHL and the lack of suitable airframes at our disposal play a factor, but what seems to be the problem?

I think you answered your own question, although LHR is a new destination.

i think the OP's implication was INTERNATIONAL destinations :blink: (not hawaii and alaska)
but, because you are a DoUgIe loving, regional sensibility, american west loyalist i understand your determination to flaunt DAB. :blink:

anyway, moving on to a substantive point, it's interesting to note that most who devalue LCC do so because of our proportional exposure to the domestic market...yet, DoUgIe continues to add factory, sell-as-is-model 190s...ostensibly to strengthen our domestic positon?!?!?!?

Attention Folks, USAIRWAYS is proud to announce new nonstop nonservice flight to Tel Avive Israel.
However we will be making a few stops for fuel and if you wish to grab a bite to eat you may do so but please remember we are parked out on the ramp due to no jet way for the CRJ aircraft!! :D :p ;) :rolleyes:

How many threads are the pseudo comedy crowd going to pollute with the CRJ multi stop international or B1900 with inflight refueling or Dash8 with drop tanks. It was funny the first go around not the 7th. If you don't have an answer to the post and must entertain us with your wit, at least be original.

I think that any announcements are on hold until Mayor Nutter of PHL takes office. IMHO US is waiting to see if he is more supportive of their wants/needs than Street. Historically I think that US has been a real bastard to deal with, hence the hostility, however Nutter is a new breed. From what I understand his success was a bit of a surprise and basically he "owes" less to the establishment. Nutter probably knows that PHL benefits from International flights and that they are in its best interests. Heretofore, PHL could never be counted on to ACT in its own best interests, due to political machinations, however he strikes me as different. I guess we'll see.

The gate situation is a problem. PHL's answer thus far has been "REMOTE gates" however passengers hate them, crew hate them, everybody hates them. They add, no lie, another 45 minutes to the arrival. Then, they attach you to a gate that doesn't have an escalator, just stairs. It's amazing the walls don't melt from the cursing.

Anyway, I think that is why you're hearing "radio silence" from Tempe on further International flights. They're waiting to see how Nutter approaches them. At any rate, the best sources of future International flight info is the customs guys. US goes to them first to ask them if they can deal with furter Internationals. They have always known before the announcements.

Old Mayor had a Bunch of Street Problems, More murders in all the nation I believe. Nutter has his work cut out for all the ineptness of Mayor Street. What the heck his brother was in charge of the baggage repairs at PHL, need I say anymore? From what I see in Nutter, he looks like he's got a plan, but I don't think PHL airport will be on his top of priorities. He appears like he is willing to work and listen to all groups. Just hope he doesn't get caught up in all the corruption of Philly politics.

Latest posts

Back