New "dot-com" Livery

:down: Can we get any tackier!! Guess we have..We are turning ( or already have ) into a low-rent, white trash, poor mans airline. Old terminals, old technology, dirty planes, outdated uniforms...the list goes on and on...what an EMBARASSMENT to work for this airline..so so very sad. How long before we turn into the old TWA!!!

Light Years said:
Do any airlines have a booking fee on thier website? :huh:
I dont think any other US airlines have a booking fee on their website, but I have seen (I think Ryanair) have a charge if you use a credit card?
I think the tag line is aimed more at travelocity or expedia, etc that charge a fee to book thru their website. I'm sure US pays part of the fee somehow, hence trying to get people to book directly on US.com .

Light Years said:
Do any airlines have a booking fee on thier website? :huh:
I don't think any airlines have booking fees on their sites.

The point(I think) is that you pay fees when booking at sites like Travelocity or Expedia. You don't pay fees when you buy your ticket at usairways.com. Hence, the title of the campaign: "no booking fees, no brainer".

Piedmont4US said:
You don't know what a 'horrible looking' plane is until you see this one
JEEPERS CREEPERS ... LOOKS LIKE MY WIFE PAINTED THAT ONE! ....

... GETTING BACK TO THE "NO BRAINER" THREAD I HAVE TO COMMENT THAT AT LEAST THE COMPANY IS DOING SOMETHING POSITIVE. THEY ARE TURNING A PREVIOUS FARM-OUT DISASTER INTO AN AD FOR COMPUTER BOOKINGS. QUESTION IS ... WILL THEY LEARN A VALUABLE LESSON ABOUT FARM-OUTS? THE ANSWER TO THAT IS A NO BRAINER ... OF COURSE NOT!

I have to say I saw the aircraft for the first time in CLT yesterday and I thought it looked good. I saw several passengers heads turn and follow the aircraft as long as they could see it, and I thought it got the point accross. Now the B757 that taxied behind it, looked horrible.

The reason this 737-300 looks so bad is that it is in USAirways colors to begin with. It should have still been PIEDMONT. Some one in my family worked there and at USAirways from 1962 until present and I never saw a PIEDMONT plane look that bad. I have never seen any airlines plane look that bad.

Iam sure Mr. Colodny is proud of this one after he spoke to students at Duke University in 1987 and said, "PIEDMONT planes were the ugliest in the industry." He did not know a local reporter was in the room and it hit the Raleigh N&O just after merger announced. Typical he comes into the area never tells anybody and them makes what was the first of many mistakes that effected so many lives. When asked to respond about comment he apologized that he did not know a reporter was in the room. He never apologized for the comment to any of the people of PIEDMONT or loyal customer of PI. (Classic DCA answer by US CEO or politican.) It was his first media event in NC and it went over like the rest of the merger went. He went on to say that US could be the best by taking the best of both airlines or it could be the next EAL of the 90's. So far he only misssed it by 4 years.

Where is this paint job in the " Mirror image" program they ran. Sadly it is the mirror image of USAirways in most peoples mind. Only thing that keeps it going this long are the certian individuals that still take pride in themselves and serve those still flying US and probable break company policy to satisfy a customer.

Maybe the paint chips that are missing on this plane have been out sourced to another airline that needed some blue paint

My thoughts and prayer to all former PI people still with US.

You might want to name this plane after some one who visits this board all the time and backs mgt and there plan for 30-90 day recovery of US. "Paint Chip"

I think the paint job, or really lack there of, is not that bad. But, why not take the plane up in the air for an hour and do a photo shoot, and then post those pictures of it flying high above the clouds and spin it that way. A picture of it sitting on an old taxiway that is cracking and worn with a horrible lighting on the plane is just cheesy. I think the idea was very good but the follow through was very lacking.

PI-RDU-SS said:
The reason this 737-300 looks so bad is that it is in USAirways colors to begin with. It should have still been PIEDMONT. Some one in my family worked there and at USAirways from 1962 until present and I never saw a PIEDMONT plane look that bad. I have never seen any airlines plane look that bad.
Lord almighty the civil war is over and so is the piedmont-usair rivalry. Get over it already.

The picture of the plane does look rather tacky and cheap....oh well, I guess it is befitting. <_<

AKA_trvlr64 said:
PI-RDU-SS said:
Lord almighty the civil war is over and so is the piedmont-usair rivalry. Get over it already.

AMEN !

AKA_trvlr64 said:
This is hilarious. :D

Threads take interesting twists and turns, but this thread was about how a plane is wearing the usairways.com livery and now it has turned into:

"The South Will Rise Again"

Was that "No Brains, or No Brainer", I get confused???

Attachments

• no_bookingfee_plane1.jpeg
    no_bookingfee_plane1.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 168
Back