New "dot-com" Livery

Is a "No Brainer" where I can spend 3 hours trying to figure out how I can do what I don't want to do on the internet, then spend 3 hours trying to undo what I did that I didn't want to do, then have to spend 30 minutes on hold for one of the last surviving reservations agents to rescue me from what I did do on the internet but really didn't want to do in reality. And if you understood this, you must be a res agt (a professional that has done the job for years), not a 2yr newbie making $9.00 an hour.

"BOOKING FEES"!!!
The company has instilled a $25 charge if you "call" in and book an "e-saver" ticket.
The company has instilled a $50 charge if you "call" in and book a frequent flyer ticket with less than 14 days notice.
The company has instilled a $75 charge if you "call" in and book a frequent flyer ticket with less than 3 days notice.
THESE ARE BOOKING FEES
Your res agt likes it even less than you do, because it is obvious proof that the company wants YOU to do the work, not someone that they have to pay an hourly salary and benefits to.
You call and ask for simple courtesies, like email or faxing of your itineraries, advance seat assignments. Your agent's hands are tied. Their management does not provide them with the simple tools they need to do the job efficiently. Why Not??? Because the company wants YOU to log on to your computer and do it yourself... so that they can eliminate thousands more jobs so that revenues at the top do not have to suffer. Everytime you use a kiosk machine at the airport, consider that one more american job is lost; everytime you use a walk-up teller at your bank, there goes another job; everytime you self scan your purchase, there goes another job. When was the last time someone came out and held the gas nosel (sp)? for you while filling up your car? The very TOP want to make sure you get the very lowest price for your purchase. Therefore, they have to make sure that your dollar goes directly from you to them - eliminating everything and everyone in between. Don't get me wrong, I've always been a do it yourselfer, but if you can't do it yourself, don't wag your finger in my face and blame me when you messed up. I tried to replace the thermostat on my oven once. I really botched it and ended up paying twice what I could have bought a new stove for. We need to walk up to the plate, and tell the facts like grown-ups ...please?....and we can work together for a common goal.

usflyer2,

Your absolutely right. We hate the fact that every time you call and hold you hear minutes and minutes of recordings as to why it's such a good idea to book online. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a poor web site to begin with. The most ironic thing about it is the 800# they give (if you have any problems or questions) is the rsv number.

I can't tell you how many times someone has called and booked with me because they wasted 2 hrs. and never succeeded online. It takes me a matter of minutes. Our work force has dwindled and our work load has double; thus, creating a more stressful environment.

Here's another point. Have you ever talked to any of the dot.com people usairways or otherwise. They don't have the know all to change or "fix" a ticket. Their favorite past time is sending a mistake of theirs to us.

I do think the dot.com livery campaign is a decent idea if lowering distribution costs is truly the initiative; however, in order to be truly successful management should do what SW and Jetblue have done - eliminate third party "online" travel agencies altogether. It would not hurt to beef up the number of people in rsv either.

"When was the last time someone came out and held the gas nosel (sp)? for you while filling up your car?The very TOP want to make sure you get the very lowest price for your purchase. Therefore, they have to make sure that your dollar goes directly from you to them - eliminating everything and everyone in between. "

In NJ you aren't allowed to pump your own gas, but for some reason the gas is cheaper than in PA, where you have to pump you own. Weird hun? :huh:

More Facts and Less Emotion said:
This is hilarious. :D

Threads take interesting twists and turns, but this thread was about how a plane is wearing the usairways.com livery and now it has turned into:

"The South Will Rise Again"
It amazes me that some people can never let go of the past!! USAir bought Piedmont. What is the big deal? As a customer who flew both and still lives on US, I just don't get it.

It seems the good old boys of the PI era just don't know when to let the past remain in the past.

Now...........onto this UGLY plane that is flying around. It just goes to show you that BBB or whoever in marketing has no vision or even artistic sense to have such an obscene looking plane flying around. If this is your marketing departments idea of how to attract customers to your airline you're dead. This is the dumbest marketing idea ever to come out of CCY. Take a look at what UA is doing. They will attract customers through their new print and TV ads.

I wish I worked in your marketing department. Then you'd be showing off properly.

The plane is just tacky, that's all there is to it The bare metal scheme is somewhat attractive, but it should not be used to push dot.com especially with". NO BOOKING FEE, NO BRAINER," written on the side. Western Pacific had a much better idea when they painted the Simpsons or a Las Vegas showgirl on the tails of their 737s. With over one
billion in employee concessions that's the best they can do with that money? Why not
upgrade computer equipment in downline stations. It's pathetic the 1970's era junk we use that's left over from the Nixon administration. Not to mention the phones at our gates and ATO falling apart. Black phones held together with orange PDQ tape, real
professional looking. Impressions of Excellence????? More like Depressions of Tackiness!!!!!!!!!!!

They cannot paint the plane due to repetitive inspections needed on lap joint repairs.

AKA trvlr64............you never will get it because you are from the OUTside.
But hear's a fact. Piedmont never would have hired an a...named BBB.

As for the new livery. It makes me angry to see the Company do all it can to reduce headcount..........by telling folks to use the internet site. I don't like seeing my co-workers thrown out the door like trash.

Northern efficency at its finest!

Fatherknowsbest said:
AKA trvlr64............you never will get it because you are from the OUTside.
But hear's a fact. Piedmont never would have hired an a...named BBB.

As for the new livery. It makes me angry to see the Company do all it can to reduce headcount..........by telling folks to use the internet site. I don't like seeing my co-workers thrown out the door like trash.

Northern efficency at its finest!
Not so outside as you'd like to think Father. Both EX's came from US. 1 res and 1 f/a. I just haven't dated a pilot yet!! :D One was from the original PSA and the other from the original PI. So I guess I'd better look for a true blue US pilot to complete my dating of US employees!!

:D :p

:D Dont forget to have a quick fling with someone from Shuttle Inc/Eastern if you really want to be technical.

Anyone look at the pix recently? Has it been retouched? I dont think this looks like the plane I saw in person. Check out where the repair job has been made and it looks a little filtered there. Doesnt look to me like the first pix they had on the website. This one actually looks decent. Maybe someone took some advice from here and did a little photoshop work over the weekend? :up:

Oh yeah....there was some big time retouching done on that photo. LOL

The picture was lightened, the nose and lap joint repairs were softened.....actually makes a much better publicity photo.

Attachments

• no_bookingfee_plane2.jpeg
    no_bookingfee_plane2.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 184
Back