New Envoy seats (links with pics)

They can have that serving cart. The only thing it's used for now is newpapers on the ground. Half of them are broken and orange tagged. Hate those things. The silver one on the 767 is much better.

Some new news from the Cranky Flyer blog

I couldn’t get many details out of them. In fact, they wouldn’t even confirm that it would be lie-flat, but they did say that as the first customer for whatever seat this may be, not everything is finalized yet.

In true US management form, it seems that "vendor problem" is code for "We haven't finalized the specs so the vendor can't build the seats yet."

Jim

In true US management form, it seems that "vendor problem" is code for "We haven't finalized the specs so the vendor can't build the seats yet."

Have they done anything where something doesn't happen that is a third-party's fault? If you ask them, they've been screwed more than Lolita de Libido.

Maybe they mean what they say. The pictures I've seen show a pretty boring color palette on the seat itself. Perhaps they are working on tying the seats into the bulkhead motif. (I certainly hope so!) As with any fabric or bulkhead material, the FAA mandates certain flammability requirements. It could also be a modification of the compartments and storage areas incorporated into the seat structure.

Or they just might be trying to get everything right with the installation of the new seats? Maybe they've learned a lesson from the Majesty seats fiasco.

Who knows? At this point without any official word from Tempe or Sicma everything we talk about is pure unadulterated speculation. :)

These seats are actually being tested at CLT hangar.

My dad told me that there are a couple with dummies on them being tested. The seats are on
round the clock utilizing all positions of the seat, lie-flat and all that stuff. Dad said that the seats
do look great !

These seats are actually being tested at CLT hangar.

My dad told me that there are a couple with dummies on them being tested. The seats are on
round the clock utilizing all positions of the seat, lie-flat and all that stuff. Dad said that the seats
do look great !
Can someone confirm this (about the seats being in CLT)? It seems that it wouldn't completely match up with what Morgan told the Cranky Flyer since he said things were still being finalized. But that's vague. Perhaps these are prototypes and final design is pending testing. Which brings me to my 2nd question...do airlines typically use dummies to put seats through their paces?? Isn't that the job of the vendor? And, do these dummies weigh 170-200 lbs to simulate a real person's weight?

Can someone confirm this (about the seats being in CLT)? It seems that it wouldn't completely match up with what Morgan told the Cranky Flyer since he said things were still being finalized. But that's vague. Perhaps these are prototypes and final design is pending testing. Which brings me to my 2nd question...do airlines typically use dummies to put seats through their paces?? Isn't that the job of the vendor? And, do these dummies weigh 170-200 lbs to simulate a real person's weight?

If they use dummies, then Parker and Kirby might be in the CLT Hangar

Back