Delta to serve Senegal, S. Africa

If worse comes to worse, both ATL-TLV and ATL-DKR-JNB are easily doable with 763s.

The Boeing website tells a different story. It says the 767 can't make the ATL-DKR-JNB route. The ATL-TLV is just in it's range and barely I might add!

The Boeing website tells a different story. It says the 767 can't make the ATL-DKR-JNB route. The ATL-TLV is just in it's range and barely I might add!

Huh?

Exactly where does the Boeing website say that? I'll save you a step: It doesn't.

ATL-DKR is a mere 3778nm and DKR-JNB is 3621nm. What makes you think a 763 can't fly that?

As MAH4546 posted, ATL-DKR-JNB would be easy for DL's 763ERs.

FWA,
JNB is a mile high city. Long-range aircraft don't do near as well as they do at sea level. Check w/ some of your folks who do load planning and they should be able to tell you that JNB doesn't look so good when flown w/ a 767.

But never you mind yourself worrying about what aircraft can fly the route. DL has decided what they will fly and unless you have a 767 of your own that you want to deploy, you'll just have to settle for what DL has decided to operate.

Reactions: 1 person
Job'berg mile high causing problems for long range aircraft, look at the evidence. All flights to Europe are nonstop as well as SIA and Cathay to Hong Kong and Singapore. These are all 10 to 13 hour nonstop flights.

About a 767 being range challeged from a high altitude airport, Avianca flies from Bogota( 2200 meter high or nearly 7000 feet) nonstop to Madrid daily nonstop. A 763 could fly from Jo'berg to Dakar nonstop without to much of a problem.

Rumour on the line is that Senegal- Johannesburg would be outsourced similar to our India-Paris flights. Anyone else heard this?

FWA,
JNB is a mile high city. Long-range aircraft don't do near as well as they do at sea level. Check w/ some of your folks who do load planning and they should be able to tell you that JNB doesn't look so good when flown w/ a 767.

But never you mind yourself worrying about what aircraft can fly the route. DL has decided what they will fly and unless you have a 767 of your own that you want to deploy, you'll just have to settle for what DL has decided to operate.

Jeez, WT, where the hell did this come from? You're usually one of the more polite posters on this entire site. Did I post something to piss you off?

I'm actually in agreement with you that DL will use a 777, but I was simply responding to a troll who posted a falsehood: that Boeing said a 763 couldn't fly JNB-DKR-ATL.

As MAH4546 posted, 763s could easily fly this route. Boeing's site agrees.

Jeez, WT, where the hell did this come from? You're usually one of the more polite posters on this entire site. Did I post something to piss you off?

Pardon, FWA. You were probably the last of several people convinced what aircraft DL could use.

Yes, Boeing's website says a 767 could fly it but it would probably take a 20-30K lb. weight restriction in the S.African summer. Remember that DL currently is very operationally conservative... perhaps to their detriment. DL generally does not operate its aircraft to the limit of their performance envelopes as other airlines do.

Reactions: 1 person