New information on the TWA Flt. 800 Coverup:

MCI transplant said:
Well with " just shy of 40 years", you haven't learned a whole lot have you?  ---- I've got " just shy of 45 years" counting military time..And I  know you can't blow an aircraft out of the sky with a spark generated in milivolts! I also know that a 747, with the forward third of it's fuselage gone, will not claim from 13,800 ft. to 17,000 ft as stated in the FBI's cartoon! Once the forward third of the fuselage separated from the rest of the aircraft, where  would the C.G.(center of gravity) go "just shy of 40 years"??? ------- It would go aft! And that plane would fall out of the sky!!! There is no way that aircraft could have climbed to that altitude!!! Now you believe what you want, and come 2016 vote for another Clinton.-----But there is no way in hell I'll do the same!!!-------- Oh, by the way, if you'd watch the video all the way through, you would find out that not all those whisle blowers were TWA employees!!!! http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/18/twa-flight-800-investigators-break-silence-in-new-documentary-claim-original/
Whatever......Only your experience counts, no one else's I get it...Just as none can change your beliefs as to what happened, you sure as hell are not going to change my mind..
As far as I am concerned, the tank exploded....
So I am done with this topic....IF and WHEN someone who was DIRECTLY involved in the missile launching comes forward...most likely on his/her deathbed (because otherwise he will be killed for speaking out) your theory remains that..a theory...
But hey, who knows? Former associate FBI director Mark Felt revealed himself to be "DEEP THROAT" 33 years ofter Watergate....

MetalMover said:
Whatever......Only your experience counts, no one else's I get it...Just as none can change your beliefs as to what happened, you sure as hell are not going to change my mind..
So I am done with this topic....IF and WHEN someone who was DIRECTLY involved in the missile launching comes forward...most likely on his/her deathbed (because otherwise he will be killed for speaking out) your theory remains that..a theory...
But hey, who knows? Former associate FBI director Mark Felt revealed himself to be "DEEP THROAT" 33 years ofter Watergate....
Metal, I never expected you to change your mind!------ And yes, the Center fuel tank did explode! But it was caused by a primary explosion outside the aircraft, on the left hand side. The explosion of the center fuel tank itself , because of it's size, (volume) did not have enough force,(energy) to sever the keel beam  and rip her apart. And yes, all of the above is my, and others, opinions! As to who fired that missile, or missiles, frankly, I have no idea.,Was there a coverup? Again, in my opinion, damn right there was! ------- And let's be truthful here Metal! No matter who would come forward, or how many, and told the truth, you wouldn't change your mind!!!

MetalMover said:

Need a phone number to contact you then.

delldude said:

Checking fuel quantity probes with an ohm meter can screw up your day.

You have to consider the fuel/air ratio in the tank. I believe that came out in the investigation.

There is a fuel/air ratio that has to be met for ignition, no if's ands or buts........its a physical law.
Fuel tanks have to be purged before anyone can safely enter them. they open all access panels, and install air movers to suck all fumes out. I've been retired for a few years now, but I don't believe they've changed their procedures much. Normally they'll let the air movers run for at least 24 hours. And throw a probe into the tank to tell if it's safe, or not. I have gone into a tank wearing a respirator, but didn't like doing it.------ Oh buy the way, you'd better not be claustrophobic!!!

MCI transplant said:
Fuel tanks have to be purged before anyone can safely enter them. they open all access panels, and install air movers to suck all fumes out. I've been retired for a few years now, but I don't believe they've changed their procedures much. Normally they'll let the air movers run for at least 24 hours. And throw a probe into the tank to tell if it's safe, or not. I have gone into a tank wearing a respirator, but didn't like doing it.------ Oh buy the way, you'd better not be claustrophobic!!!

I worked as a Lead Mechanic several different times.
You also have to have someone outside at all times while personnel are inside.
I was referring to the air/fuel ratio in an unopened tank scenario and the chance of ignition depending on the amount of air there.

MCI transplant said:
That is not true.

I did tank dives checking for leaks on line aircraft removed for an out of tolerance leak. Drain the tanks, climb in with the breathing air on, put the clear tank cover on sealing me in. They then put the negative pressure on. One of the outside guys puts dye around the area of the leak while am on the inside of the tank in the area of the leak. Watch for the dye to come in. Find it and you have your leaking fastener/seam. Seal it up. You are correct about being claustrophobic. That practice may not be allowed any longer (I did it in the 80's and early 90's) but that is the sure way to locate a leak.

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
That is not true.

I did tank dives checking for leaks on line aircraft removed for an out of tolerance leak. Drain the tanks, climb in with the breathing air on, put the clear tank cover on sealing me in. They then put the negative pressure on. One of the outside guys puts dye around the area of the leak while am on the inside of the tank in the area of the leak. Watch for the dye to come in. Find it and you have your leaking fastener/seam. Seal it up. You are correct about being claustrophobic. That practice may not be allowed any longer (I did it in the 80's and early 90's) but that is the sure way to locate a leak.
Yea, I've heard of that. I did a lot of stupid things when I was a lot younger too Glenn!  But you couldn't get me to do that!!! On the line if you could jump across a leak, it was good to go!!!! -------- Just kidding! But almost true! We had some black sticky tar like stuff that we would smear on "minor" leaks. Worked,----- some of the time. Was good for a temporary fix.

Glenn Quagmire said:
That is not true.

I believe he was referring to a heavy check. It sounds like you were doing RON work.

Last few years I worked Chk."C"'s, and Overhaul, here at MCI. But I did work the line as a mechanic at LAX in my younger days also.

delldude said:
I believe he was referring to a heavy check. It sounds like you were doing RON work.
I realize that. I worked heavy checks for some years before I became a line guy. Did fuel tank work in both areas. I spent weeks in fuel tanks as the FNG.

Reactions: 2 people
MCI transplant said:
Metal, I never expected you to change your mind!------ And yes, the Center fuel tank did explode! But it was caused by a primary explosion outside the aircraft, on the left hand side. The explosion of the center fuel tank itself , because of it's size, (volume) did not have enough force,(energy) to sever the keel beam  and rip her apart. And yes, all of the above is my, and others, opinions! As to who fired that missile, or missiles, frankly, I have no idea.,Was there a coverup? Again, in my opinion, damn right there was! ------- And let's be truthful here Metal! No matter who would come forward, or how many, and told the truth, you wouldn't change your mind!!!
I already said that should SOMEONE WHO WAS INVOLVED IN THE MISSILE LAUNCH were to come forward and spill his/her guts, I would admit I was wrong. But I will not take your word or another here sayer's word because you know people who were involved in the investigation. I want to hear from someone INVOLVED in the missile launch... That will do it for me.

Glenn Quagmire said:
I realize that. I worked heavy checks for some years before I became a line guy. Did fuel tank work in both areas. I spent weeks in fuel tanks as the FNG.

We vented the same way MCI described......had some drop ins that went like you mentioned.

I didn't fit.

MetalMover said:
I already said that should SOMEONE WHO WAS INVOLVED IN THE MISSILE LAUNCH were to come forward and spill his/her guts, I would admit I was wrong. But I will not take your word or another here sayer's word because you know people who were involved in the investigation. I want to hear from someone INVOLVED in the missile launch... That will do it for me.

What would be wrong with refuting the evidence from the NTSB investigation and reopening it, this time with subpoena's for those people involved, original evidence, testimony from those not allowed to file and so on. That's how its done.

But of course NTSB will never ever let that happen.....

Wonder why.

Same reason we never went to a military defensive state after an apparent aircraft being shot out of the sky.

They knew who did it and was no need to scramble jets like 911.

Dell, do you think TWA flt.800 will come up "if" (when) Hilliary should run? I don't think so! But the Demos better think twice about nominating her! The Clinton's have many skeletons in their closet dating all the way back to their dealings in Arkansas! That's if the so call main street Media don't just ignore them! Than comes he question! Would they stoop to a coverup in a prelude to a reelection? ------ What do you think?

Latest posts