New OPS center..what does that mean?

pit_needs_help

Advanced
May 29, 2003
Parker said his staff is considering a number of factors, including the location and demographics of the cities. US Airways also must think about how tough it would be to relocate the 450 employees already at a current operations center in Pittsburgh and the 150 in Phoenix.

"We won't do something they don't want to do," Parker said.
Is there a vote now?

Parker said his staff is considering a number of factors, including the location and demographics of the cities. US Airways also must think about how tough it would be to relocate the 450 employees already at a current operations center in Pittsburgh and the 150 in Phoenix.
"We won't do something they don't want to do," Parker said.
Is there a vote now?

I read that yesterday and read it as CLT is definately out and Pittsburgh has a pretty good chance of keeping it. He also stated that the monetary factors were not the major drivers.

I would not read too much into this. When relocating any employees the company must take into account the costs involved which are quite substantial.

Trust me when I say that the upper managment is slowly realizing that keeping PIT happy is not worth it.

The only reason to keep it there is because it would be the cheapest. Otherwise what is the point.

Back