Gov. Rendell to meet with USAirways on new Center

NOT because PIT is owed anything, BUT because PIT is in PA, which Rendell is governor of.

Rendell is getting my vote next week....he's been one of the better Governors that we have seen (IMO) over the years. In spite of his PHL roots, he always seems to remember that he has a large constituancy on the west side of the state and has a large presence there.

And as much as I am a Steeler fan as well as a Swann fan, being an NFL great doesn't necessarily make you Governor material.

Say what you want about Eddie, but he gets things done.

PIT is about finished move the operation to PHL in the old Scott Paper headquarters.

PIT is about finished move the operation to PHL in the old Scott Paper headquarters.
That building(now "International Plaza) used to be a 3 building complex. Now it's 2. I don't know why one was demolished because it's just a parking lot (adjacent the large US hangar). Doesn't matter anyway because the facility is used up pretty well. There's also corporate office space a mile down the road in Lester, PA where US already has some space.

Bob, I lived in PHL in the Goode Administration years and through all of Rendel's years. I moved across the river to NJ just months after that slime John Street took office. I witnessed Philadelphia make a huge transformation in the 8 years Fast Eddie was in office. He was a beloved Mayor because he got things done. Fast Eddie was an approriate name, because he moved things along to get them done. Crime went way down, tourism rose and he started the downward trend of the horrible wage tax. In city residents used to pay about 5%. Now it's closer to 4. Not great, but ok. Oh yeah - he also took a city that had, literally NO money, and balanced the budget and got them back in the black. The city was in no different shape than a company operating in chapter 11 bankruptcy.

I have no confidence that John Street, Wilson Goode or even Frank Rizzo (R.I.P.) would have accomplished so much, so quickly.

All the accounts of the Ferber case you have provided are not completely objective. In fact, you are so passionate about it that it makes me believe you have some personal connection to it. That's not a bad thing, but it becomes harder to be objective about something like that.

Do you have any other facts to back up your assertions of Fast Eddie's alleged misdoings?

Who owns the Philadelphia airport and how much control does Ed Rendell actually have over the decisions.

Democract Governor. Former Democrat party head. Former democrat city mayor. Present Mayor Democrat. Airport owned by the city of Philadelphia. How much control do you think he has? :lol: :lol:

I like this quote from the PIT P.G.:
"US Airways spokesman Phil Gee said the meeting between the governor and Parker involves not only the flight center, but other issues relating to its operations in Pennsylvania."

Hmmm... I'm guessing, a little help with the gate situation in PHL?

I too lived in PA. Bucks County to be exact and worked in the City during the Rizzo years, Goode Years and the Rendell years.

Once you get past the fact that Ed Rendell is all about Ed Rendell and that any good he accomplishes is only a by product of his blind ambition, then you can relax and watch what happens.

As to the Ferber case, I don't know Neil Ferber or Steve Booras from a potted plant. But I do know that what Rendell did was the result of his blind political ambition and a man nearly went to the chair as a result. I have no desire to associate with or live in a state governed by a person with a demonstrated and proven lack of moral character.

He is what he is and if he benefits US Airways and it's customers Great, Grand & Good, Otherwise screw him!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey PINEY,

We're living in a COUNTRY, governed by a VP, and PRESIDENT, that are "LIAR's" !!

So it's almost the same thing.

(Will you be moving to Canada anytime soon) ??

NH/BB's

We're living in a COUNTRY, governed by a VP, and PRESIDENT, that are "LIAR's" !!

See, I hate to steer something like this too off topic, but I need to know...what exactly did the VP and Prez knowingly lie about? Oh, wait you must be talking about taking us to war over false intelligence. You must be jumping to the bold assumption that they purposely fabricated the story that Saddam got Uranium from Africa in the year(s) leading up to the 2003 invasion.

Why do people forget that our congress - consisting of Democrats and Republicans - collectively voted to invade Iraq based on a number of reasons, all outlined in the umpteenth UN resolution that was given to Iraq? Many of those reasons have, in fact, proven true. If you peel back the onion otherwise known as the liberal media, you'll soon learn that Saddam did have WMDs and this was proven this year by numerous sources, including first hand evidence.

You can search my posts from a few months ago that got into this very same discussion, with MANY links to sources that show Iraq was, in fact, a looming danger and threat to us.

Now, back to the topic. Rendel will get US in PA one way or another.

See, I hate to steer something like this too off topic, but I need to know...what exactly did the VP and Prez knowingly lie about? Oh, wait you must be talking about taking us to war over false intelligence. You must be jumping to the bold assumption that they purposely fabricated the story that Saddam got Uranium from Africa in the year(s) leading up to the 2003 invasion.

Why do people forget that our congress - consisting of Democrats and Republicans - collectively voted to invade Iraq based on a number of reasons, all outlined in the umpteenth UN resolution that was given to Iraq? Many of those reasons have, in fact, proven true. If you peel back the onion otherwise known as the liberal media, you'll soon learn that Saddam did have WMDs and this was proven this year by numerous sources, including first hand evidence.

You can search my posts from a few months ago that got into this very same discussion, with MANY links to sources that show Iraq was, in fact, a looming danger and threat to us.

Now, back to the topic. Rendel will get US in PA one way or another.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

PHL,

your correct.
DUMBYA and Cheney were not the only ones who bought into the faulty Intelligence.

Bottom line, 2, I repeat 2 superb books..."HUBRIS, and STATE of DENIAL" prove that IRAQ was a BULL #### story !!

NH/BB's

Am I missing something or doesn't US already have a state of the art OCC in PIT that use to handle over 400 aircraft per day? The combined US+HP is near the size of the old US pre-2001, so what is the issue? Why not just use the existing PIT facility? Why do they need something new?

When we did run a 400+ a/c operation out of the PIT OCC, it was busting at the seams. Technology is now an issue.
From my understanding the current facility is in dire need of repairs and remodeling. (reports of thread bare carpets, sinks falling off walls, power source issues, outdated equipment, etc)

It would be nice to have a facility that once again was state of the art (versus state if disrepair). It would be nice to have a facility that could support additional expansion. When there were 400+ a/c being run out of the current facility, they were packed in like sardines. Make shift desks were added to handle the additional staffing in some areas and a remodel of the faciltiy was in the works just prior to 9/11.

I believe they have no intention of putting the OCC in PIT. They are playing a game of keep the employee's hope up so they will keep working. When all the ducks are in a row they will lower the boom. I've seen it several times before. PIT is dying on the vine. PIT will achieve ghost town status before long. My money is on PHX. It will be the new mecca. The End

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

PHL,

your correct.
DUMBYA and Cheney were not the only ones who bought into the faulty Intelligence.

Bottom line, 2, I repeat 2 superb books..."HUBRIS, and STATE of DENIAL" prove that IRAQ was a BULL #### story !!

Yeah, and I could spout of a slew of book titles that support the reasons for Iraq and paint a bigger picture view of it all.

You still haven't told me what Bush and Cheney have said for you to label them "LIARS".

Yeah, and I could spout of a slew of book titles that support the reasons for Iraq and paint a bigger picture view of it all.

You still haven't told me what Bush and Cheney have said for you to label them "LIARS".

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Jesus, make it hard..PHL !!

Both those LIARS said SADAM...."HAS" weapons of mass destruction !!

"LIARS...LIARS....pants of FIRE" :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's