New Part Time Ramp Agent Hired Off The Street

RedOne said:
"W" had nothing to do with the mess you find U in. I wish we had other than the 2 that we had to vote on too. Our woes came from CCY, not from the oval office.
[post="197772"][/post]​

I disagree. Well, it's not JUST the oval office, but it's certainly the whole political economy that U and every one else is in.

this happens at express ALL the time. I dont know about now though, I got canned after the Pit hub closed.

If it werent for that pesky drug and background check I could see them taking a mail van every am to the local "work spot" and choosing people to hop in the back to come work the airport. Give them a 6 pack at the end of the day and everyone would be happy. :rolleyes:

RedOne said:
Know a station that has had several part-time openings for several months. Can't seem to get applicants who will take the job that can pass background/drug tests. If they do pass tests/background/etc , when they find out the pay and hours...THEY BACK OUT! In the agent catagory....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! (don't know about other departments)
[post="197764"][/post]​

At AA back in the 1995 or 1997 contract (I forgot what year) the union gave the company what it wanted in terms of starting pay. The also let the company outsource midnite cabin. Well, the starting pay was like 7 dollars an hour for ramp. Nobody applied for the job so AA used the wage adjustment clause in the contract (can only adjust upward) to bring it up to 8 dollars and hour. The got some people but in order to hire 10 they had to interview 100 because of drug test failure etc. Some of the 10 quit shortly after they were hired. So they raised it to 9 dollars an hour. As far as cabin went some of the contract employees were stealing the VCR's out of the MD11's in DFW
along with cabin supplies. Well needless to say AA begged us to take cabin back and we did. So now with the new contract concessions it is happenning all over again. At the station I am at now we contract out midnite cabin. we have about 11 RON and the contractor is supposed to have 14 people clean the planes. Well one night only 4 people showed up to do heavy overnight cleaning on 11 planes. Come sunrise with the first departure the aircraft was still dirty and someone vomited in the aft lav on the last flight of the previous day. I asked one of their employees what is the problem? He said they have a very high turnover. I asked what they pay and he said $7.50 and hour and I asked if they got medical or anything and he said no. Needless to say that they have to get all the supplies out of the stockroom at the beginning of their shift because the supply room is now locked overnight because when they first got here for some reason the supplies were being consumed at an unusaul rate. I guess AA and the others have not learned you get what you pay for.

Flufdriver said:
Good to hear all about those high paying jobs that "W" has created in the last four years. He's right, the economy is rebust!!! "Things to look forward to when this place goes ti_s up!!
[post="197768"][/post]​
AHHHH, yes......Was waiting for this idiotic post!!! It's all W's fault!!!!! Get with the program, fool, and EDUCATE yourself!! When have you ever been employed by a "poor" man??....If you hate our system so bad, go out and do something for YOURSELF!!!! You know... imagination..ingenuity...SELF ESTEEM!!!! Just remember when you make dumb statements, your Billy BOY pushed for NAFTA, GATT, AND the WTO!......All labor killing treaties.....but....it's all W's fault!! The IGNORANCE is amazing!!

Flufdriver said:
I expected that response...your right about the two to pick from. I do believe the Oval office could atleast TRY to do something about the price of crude or atleast release so of the fuel reserve that is stored at a lower price to be paid back down the road....I understand there is at least five years of fuel stored fo emergency useage. We have used this reserve years ago...why won't "W" approve it now or atleast take a look at whats's going on with this industry. THIS IS NOT ONLY U...it's all the carriers. Yes, the Oval office is not U's problem or responsible for them...but there are problems in all the carriers....DAL...AMR...U...UAL...CAL...maybe the Oval office SHOULD look at what is going on or they are going to LOSE a lot of HIGHER paying jobs. Or, don't they care...there in for another four!!!! See the grin on "W" face all the time...family's in the oil business..........I know "W" has no control on what comes out of the sand....but I bet he's not rollong back his profit within his little dynasty!!!!
[post="197789"][/post]​

Not only is Smirker-in-Chief NOT doing anything to lower the price of oil (his Texas oil buddies are making fortunes over these prices,) he is actively lending price support by buying crude (using your tax dollars) at these outrageous prices to pour into the Strategic Oil Reserve. We consumers are competing with our own government for crude which exacerbates the problem and keeps the prices artificially high.

nycbusdriver said:
Not only is Smirker-in-Chief NOT doing anything to lower the price of oil (his Texas oil buddies are making fortunes over these prices,) he is actively lending price support by buying crude (using your tax dollars) at these outrageous prices to pour into the Strategic Oil Reserve. We consumers are competing with our own government for crude which exacerbates the problem and keeps the prices artificially high.
[post="198116"][/post]​

So all the concessions we gave went to the oil companies.

nycbusdriver said:
[post="198116"][/post]​
Those Damn rich people :angry: I gueuss Iraq is all about the "oil"?? <_< The strategic reserve was decimated under the Party Boy administration!!(NOTHING put in)

NAFTA,GATT,WTO, ALL Anti-union treaties...pushed by Party Boy Prez!!

More Millionaires in the Clinton Administration than EVER before!! Thats a FACT....PAL!!

But, those mean, nasty Republicans are the blame for ALL of labors', and this countries' woes!!!

Give it a rest!!.....Go out and do something to make yourself a millionaire!!! Oh, I forgot.....If your a Republican, your automatically RICH!!!!! LMFAO!!! GOOD DAY!!!!!

RedOne!

Amen brother!

Stop blaming the Oval office...

It's the GOONS AT CCY!!!! :down: :down:

And CCY is allowing and encouraging Jerry Glass, Inc. to bleed and squeeze the employees out of every last drop of blood, money and dignity left in their bones. This guy is beyond compassion and morals, and the sacrafices made by us who were here long before he was brought in.

Latest posts