New pax and bag weight impact

JREwing

Advanced
Feb 11, 2014
Now that the FAA has imposed the new pax and bag weight increases, how has this impacted your regional and mainline flights? I know with my carrier there is a dramatic increase in weight restricted fights now that planes are booked full and the temperatures are heating up.

Now that the FAA has imposed the new pax and bag weight increases, how has this impacted your regional and mainline flights? I know with my carrier there is a dramatic increase in weight restricted fights now that planes are booked full and the temperatures are heating up.
Did you mean to post "weight restricted fights" or weight restricted flights? or both!

• Haha
Reactions: swamt
Pretty sure he meant weight restricted flights, although, with the increased unruly passengers tempers, he may have meant "weight restricted fights" :)

Thanks guys for you expert insight. If you're ignorant on a topic, don't respond.

JR, it has nothing to do with anyone being ignorant on any topic.
With the latest computer glitches at Southwest and the past 2-3 days worth of delays and cancelations, it is impossible to organize rather the new weight restrictions are causing some sort of delays on boarding or not at this time. And on top of that, I haven't heard a word out of our frontline employees dealing with passengers and boarding. If there was some concern about it we (employees) would be reading about it thru inner memos and emails which haven't seen a single one as of yet.
Chill out vato, Jim was just being funny in a smart a$$ way. Sit back and have a laugh.

JR, it has nothing to do with anyone being ignorant on any topic.
With the latest computer glitches at Southwest and the past 2-3 days worth of delays and cancelations, it is impossible to organize rather the new weight restrictions are causing some sort of delays on boarding or not at this time. And on top of that, I haven't heard a word out of our frontline employees dealing with passengers and boarding. If there was some concern about it we (employees) would be reading about it thru inner memos and emails which haven't seen a single one as of yet.
Chill out vato, Jim was just being funny in a smart a$$ way. Sit back and have a laugh.

You did it again. You spent an entire paragraph basically saying, "I have no idea if we've had weight restrictions due to the new faa rules or not. " honestly, you and Jim need to get a life and not feel the need to constantly comment on this board just to get attention.

• Haha
Reactions: swamt
You did it again. You spent an entire paragraph basically saying, "I have no idea if we've had weight restrictions due to the new faa rules or not. " honestly, you and Jim need to get a life and not feel the need to constantly comment on this board just to get attention.
Not true. I said, I have no idea if we were having delays over the new weight restrictions protocol, since we were experiencing a computer glitch that was causing all the recent delays and cancelations.