ERJ-145

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I am getting tired of the Trans States USE mess. Once again, Saturday morning we ended up Stranding FIVE passengers because of Weight and Balance of these GARBAGE AIRCRAFT. The other option was to carry only Five Bags and leave alomost FIFTY behind. Seems that TSA's approved W & B with the FAA needs to be amended. UNLIKE most Express Carries, TSA has the Carry On bagage added into the Pax Weight. It is something like 220lbs. Problem here is that if you only have 10 or 15 carry on's you can not recoupe the weight of the other 35 bags you do not have. Also they do not allow child weights. If you have aircraft 801-809 you are screwed on full flights. WHEN IS TEMPE GOING TO CORRECT THIS!!! We pay for them to operate our flights and they are just doing a poor job. Time to hold the Non Owned Express carriers accountable for poor service. Again, all the pax sees is OUR NAME on the aircraft.

it should be changes. The Piedont Dashes are worst. When they come out of Phl to ABE, it usually carries 50 bags and about 15 carry ons but it is restricted. then on the way out of my city back to phl, we can only take sometimes 33/34 or 34/39. never takes full 37. something has got to change big time

it should be changes. The Piedont Dashes are worst. When they come out of Phl to ABE, it usually carries 50 bags and about 15 carry ons but it is restricted. then on the way out of my city back to phl, we can only take sometimes 33/34 or 34/39. never takes full 37. something has got to change big time

Yea! Like buy us somemore Dash 8/300's!!! Nice to carry 50 pax and 83 bags!! I agree, since the new weights came into effect the Dash 8 100's are basically 34 seat aircraft.... And if the weather is bad, look out!!!

Yea! Like buy us somemore Dash 8/300's!!! Nice to carry 50 pax and 83 bags!! I agree, since the new weights came into effect the Dash 8 100's are basically 34 seat aircraft.... And if the weather is bad, look out!!!

That's no joke. Throw in a few 400s while we're at it.

BTW.. The short Dash isn't booked as a 37 seat aircraft anymore. Maybe oversold to 37, but its supposedly a 30-34 seat aircraft for planning / marketing purposes.

we have always so far had 37 seater dash but always restricted to either 33/34 or 34/39. of course it suck but until things change I would expect pax to grump, gripe and b!tch and complain