new premium class amenities

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Beginning Sept. 1, customers traveling onboard American's flights between the U.S. and London Heathrow (LHR) will be among the first to enjoy the new offerings. First Class customers traveling onboard Boeing 777s between the U.S. and Heathrow will receive a quilted bed topper custom-designed to fit American's popular Flagship Suite, pajamas and slippers as part of the airline's new turndown service. A lightweight day blanket, new premium duvet and pillow, and an amenity kit featuring a bag with an authentic Eames Office® design pattern and containing Dermalogica® skincare products and other travel necessities complete the new suite of amenities.

Also beginning Sept. 1, customers traveling in American's cabin onboard flights between the U.S. and LHR operated by Boeing 777s, 767-300s and international 757s can enjoy a new premium duvet and pillow, slippers, and amenity kit.

fotos here

full story here

Nice news. It's only a marginal improvement at best AA's FC doesn't hold a candle to partners BA or CX but this is nonetheless good news. It's unreasonable to expect Asian service and amenities on a US carrier.

"They have money for premium passenger amenities but not for employees" comments in 3-2-1...

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
The topper in F is nice -- I've had this on a couple other airlines. Makes all the difference vs. sleeping against a fart infested piece of upholstery or slickery leather (faux or real). I'm usually dressed comfortably enough to sleep as-is, but some people like the pajamas since they come straight out of work and onto the plane. On every flight they're offered on, I usually see about 25% of the cabin wearing them...

I could care less about the amenity kit, thought... As much as I like the keepsake bags, most of the contents go straight into the trash.

I flew with JAL four times last month, and they've taken a different approach entirely. A cabin attendant simply walked around offering the individual items like eyeshades and earplugs from a basket, while the lav counters were stocked with toothbrushes, toothpaste and mouthwash.

Oh No, who's making the bed????????????????? I read we are the 1st US airline to offer this-no don't think so, if I remember correctly TWA had some sort of service, making beds ect in the 90's.

The 1 and 6 will do it while the passenger changes in to their Pj's.

Hey There Mikey, your back :) I like working up front, but this may be a deal breaker, from what I saw every thing was nicely gifted with a bow, and I deliver it as such with a smile.

If you are capable you are on your own, if you are disabled or challenged, It is my pleasure to be of assistance

I flew First Class on JAL years ago and they had one F/A assigned to wipe down the toilets after each F/C passenger exited the Johnny. Now that's service.

I flew First Class on JAL years ago and they had one F/A assigned to wipe down the toilets after each F/C passenger exited the Johnny. Now that's service.

What?????? I wonder how pax's feel about the same person who is preparing your food also wiping the toilet?

What?????? I wonder how pax's feel about the same person who is preparing your food also wiping the toilet?

No: the person assigned wore an orange colored apron and blue gloves, the rest wore blue silk Kimonos...she also didn't just wipe the toilet, she kept the entire toilet smelling clean and looking tidy.

The PR says AA is the first US carrier to offer the PJ's and the bed topper, not the turn down service. I hope people do just that, turn it down and do it themselves. I guess the slippers on all flights would be nice. Now there will be ZERO reason to walk around the premium cabins in bare feet.

No: the person assigned wore an orange colored apron and blue gloves, the rest wore blue silk Kimonos...she also didn't just wipe the toilet, she kept the entire toilet smelling clean and looking tidy.

Have you ever been to Japan and seen the toilets! They are like a piece of art work. They include heated seats and front and back area douchers!

But back to the topic....I think this is great. I have had customers in first class ask for the PJ's because they get them on BA. Now we are keeping up with our partners.

If you are capable you are on your own

I'm sure that will go over well with the guy who paid $5000 for their ticket. If it's in the manual, what grounds do you have to refuse to do this?

Not too surprising, unfortunately. And that's why I will continue to book carriers like BA, CX and JL, where the concept of actually providing service and a positive customer-centric experience is alive and well...

I'm sure that will go over well with the guy who paid $5000 for their ticket. If it's in the manual, what grounds do you have to refuse to do this?

Not too surprising, unfortunately. And that's why I will continue to book carriers like BA, CX and JL, where the concept of actually providing service and a positive customer-centric experience is alive and well...

I have no idea of what our procedures are regarding this "turn down" service. Our procedure may be to just set them on the seat before the passengers board. I don't know. It starts in 2 days and the only thing I see is a video on the flight service website and it is not supported by Mac. I would think that maybe BA, CX and JL would instruct their flight attendants of what to do unlike AA...but then again we are the non common sense airline. If they are going to have the new products in 2 days then they had to have been ordered quite some time ago but for some reason they chose to make us look clueless on the airplane....which we will be.

Ok...I stand totally corrected because I took another look and they updated the website last night. The purser is to explain the service and the number 6 is supposed to provide the turn down service if requested. It looks pretty simple.

It's unreasonable to expect Asian service and amenities on a US carrier.
Americans are not likely to be as servile as Asians can be, but you'd be surprised at what we can do when given the proper staffing, tools, etc. I can hand you a tacky tray with a dried out sandwich or I can carve a Chateaubriand at your seat. I can pour Dom Perignon (and open it properly) or something with a twist off cap.

It's up to management to provide the staffing, training and amenities. We can do the rest.

MK

Reactions: 1 person
Americans are not likely to be as servile as Asians can be, but you'd be surprised at what we can do when given the proper staffing, tools, etc. I can hand you a tacky tray with a dried out sandwich or I can carve a Chateaubriand at your seat. I can pour Dom Perignon (and open it properly) or something with a twist off cap.

It's up to management to provide the staffing, training and amenities. We can do the rest.

MK

Well said. Agree 100%