New route: Miami-Charlotte; more MIA service to DTW, SXM, YYZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Obviously to go against USAirways. A daily M80 flight will start between Miami and Charlotte on 15 December. In addition, second daily to Detroit starts the same date; a second daily seasonal to St. Maarten (4x a week), and a third daily Toronto (Saturday-only; seasonal). This is plus the new year-round second dailies to Hartford, Belize City (5x a week), and Santiago (DR). Nice to see AA continue to expand at MIA. Especially nice to see what I think is AA''s first new domestic destination (except for STL) at MIA in a long, long time. Wonder if MIA-PIT is on the way...

MAH, dont you think that for a hub route that MIA-STL is a little thin? Wouldnt they at least add on 763 on there or a 772 if it wasnt being used? Because I'm sure it could help feed some of the Latin/ Carribbean Flights out of MIA.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/21/2002 4:57:08 PM AA763 wrote:

MAH, dont you think that for a hub route that MIA-STL is a little thin? Wouldnt they at least add on 763 on there or a 772 if it wasnt being used? Because I'm sure it could help feed some of the Latin/ Carribbean Flights out of MIA.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Definitley. Too little MIA-STL service for a hub route. However, I don't expect that to change.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/21/2002 3:45:09 PM MAH4546 wrote:

Obviously to go against USAirways. A daily M80 flight will start between Miami and Charlotte on 15 December. In addition, second daily to Detroit starts the same date; a second daily seasonal to St. Maarten (4x a week), and a third daily Toronto (Saturday-only; seasonal). This is plus the new year-round second dailies to Hartford, Belize City (5x a week), and Santiago (DR). Nice to see AA continue to expand at MIA. Especially nice to see what I think is AA's first new domestic destination (except for STL) at MIA in a long, long time. Wonder if MIA-PIT is on the way...
----------------
[/blockquote]

Hmm, I'm not thinkng U is necess. the target. I don't think AMR can compete in the DOMESTIC market against U in CLT. I think the point is to try to prevent UAL from getting any big advantage feeding the South from U. What's the time of that flight? Does it feed the int routes? UAL doesn't fly to St Maarten or Belize city, and is very weak in the Caribean. U is strong in the Caribean, but nothing goes to the deep south. Definately a competative response to the U/UAL deal.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/22/2002 3:47:40 PM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

MAH4546,
Where can I find confirmation of MIA-BDL x2 "Year round", that you mentioned above ?

Thanx,
NH/BB's
----------------
[/blockquote]

AA 2434 MIA 1430-1724 BDL 738
AA 1817 BDL 1812-2125 MIA 738

Starts 15 December 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.