NEW SERVICE Boston - Punta Cana Press Release

Hey, guess which route started today that never got a press release!

If you guessed BOS-PUJ, you win a prize: a flight that's probably going to be great to nonrev on, since none of the customers know that it exists!

And again, it's not the only one. Daily FLL-MBJ started this week with no press release ever having mentioned it, and so on.

It's now over 3 months since the merger, and still not a single press release has been issued for any new East service.

are there fees associated with press releases?
if so, i suspect "revenue dilution" might be the reason behind u's failure to publicize these new services?
heck, that excuse works for everything else...

are there fees associated with press releases?

No, the fees would be nominal. It's basically free publicity. And if I could whip up that fake press release in 20 minutes, then I'm sure they have professionals there that could do the same if they would just bother to wake up.

They're setting these routes up to fail, giving them a huge disadvantage right out of the game, because nobody knows that they exist.

I've had about 4 people suggest that to me, and I think I will be e-mailing some people over there on Monday. I will say that the thought of contacting them frankly hadn't entered my mind.

Some industrious aircrew member should make a couple copies of your press release and hand carry them over to HQ on one of those long PHX (Tempe) layovers.

I've heard Doug is always willing to meet us East people when he's there. And maybe he will then take a walk down the hallway to marketing and communication and introduce those folks to the concept of the "press release."

Some industrious aircrew member should make a couple copies of your press release and hand carry them over to HQ on one of those long PHX (Tempe) layovers.

I've heard Doug is always willing to meet us East people when he's there. And maybe he will then take a walk down the hallway to marketing and communication and introduce those folks to the concept of the "press release."

Wow, that would just be unreal if it happened. :lol: :shock:

:lol:
Maybe the point of 'mumbling girl' is to make the announcements so unintelligible so that the media does not call in.
:lol: Like I said MONTHS AGO that bumbling idiot on the US Daily audiophone would make a corpse ROLL OVER....who the heck is she and can't they find something else for Her to do? Expecting a press release from that chick would be comparable to asking me to stand in and be a Rabbi at a Bar Mitzvah :lol: :lol: (Saturday is coming!!)