NICE Plane!

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
I recently flew back to PHX from MCO from a business trip, and WOW. The plane made me feel comfortable flying. I've been honest, I'm not the most comfortable flyer out there. I have had my good and bad flights. First, I definitely noticed the different atmosphere out east. Employees there were a little hesitant to let me through the gates even with my badge, and the inability to print off my boarding pass, yet the other people in my business party could. Soo, I just went through the employee line and took care of it at the gate. They ask me.. "Do I force issue the boarding pass or check you in?" I was like.. it allowed me to check in but wouldn't allow me to print it out. "Not within time window.." yet it was 3 hours prior to flight pos space.

WELL... all fine and dandy, he force prints a boarding pass for me. I get on the plane, amazeed at the difference from america west planes. The US Airways planes were ALL LEATHER seats. *Even Coach*

Now, this is the best part.. I'm a tall guy.. I was able to sit comfortably in coach class. This is amazing, I felt cramped on the HP flight. I was very happy to spend 4 1/2 hours on that flight.

Kudos to the East staff who make sure everyone flies, no matter where their destination may be!

I've always felt partial to USAirways-East on longer flights... the planes have a bit more legroom and the Airbii have powerports at every seat, so I can plug the laptop in and watch a DVD or listen to music.

Its going to be a sad day when they start "Assimilating" the East fleet to look like the cramped west... and I've gone from an HP A320 to a US A320... :/ don't EVEN get me started on the 757 differences.... I'll take Y in an East 75 before F in a West 75.

I've never been on the all-leather config yet, except for Express.

I get on the plane, amazed at the difference from America West planes. The US Airways planes were ALL LEATHER seats. *Even Coach*

Orlando-Phoenix is operated on the America West certificate with America West aircraft and flight crews.

The plane you flew on, an Airbus, was actually a newer America West (West Metal) plane. It has most likely been painted in the new US Airways Colors. All "West" Airbus aircraft delivered within the last year or so have been furnished with all-leather seating in both First Class and Coach. I wholeheartedly agree that the interiors are far superior to those of our older Airbus aircraft.

As far as I know, the East mainline domestic fleet does not have leather interiors at this time.

I wish the entire fleet (East and West) could be refurbished with these new interiors. They do offer a more comfortable ride, an asthetically pleasing cabin and do seem more spacious.

The US Airways staff in Orlando are fantastic and it is always a pleasure to work with them as a flight attendant when operating flights in and out of that city.

Glad you enjoyed your flight!

N903AW is right. That PHX MCO flight was a "WEST" Metal aircraft, we got them last year and they all have leather seats and yes, those aircrafts are very nice.

Gonna say "nice A/C" and US/East....not possible at all! They are turning into flying trash cans since we got rid of our inhouse utility! B)

I recently flew back to PHX from MCO from a business trip, and WOW. The plane made me feel comfortable flying. I've been honest, I'm not the most comfortable flyer out there. I have had my good and bad flights. First, I definitely noticed the different atmosphere out east. Employees there were a little hesitant to let me through the gates even with my badge, and the inability to print off my boarding pass, yet the other people in my business party could. Soo, I just went through the employee line and took care of it at the gate. They ask me.. "Do I force issue the boarding pass or check you in?" I was like.. it allowed me to check in but wouldn't allow me to print it out. "Not within time window.." yet it was 3 hours prior to flight pos space.

WELL... all fine and dandy, he force prints a boarding pass for me. I get on the plane, amazeed at the difference from america west planes. The US Airways planes were ALL LEATHER seats. *Even Coach*

Now, this is the best part.. I'm a tall guy.. I was able to sit comfortably in coach class. This is amazing, I felt cramped on the HP flight. I was very happy to spend 4 1/2 hours on that flight.

Kudos to the East staff who make sure everyone flies, no matter where their destination may be!

There may be some East a/c that have been delivered to the new company with the same interior that west a/c have been receiving..however in this case, you were clearly on an America West Aircaft...I hope you had a good experience with the crew.

N903AW is right. That PHX MCO flight was a "WEST" Metal aircraft, we got them last year and they all have leather seats and yes, those aircrafts are very nice.

The only problem with this is that N903AW is a 757..no leather throughout on hp metal.

There may be some East a/c that have been delivered to the new company with the same interior that west a/c have been receiving..

There have been no deliveries of new Airbus aircraft to the east operation since way before we started calling it "east."

I think we finally got a pause in returning east Airbus aircraft back to the lessors, but knowning that the "new boss" is "same as the old boss," I expect the east fleet to start shrinking at any moment.

In fact, it appears that east is about to lose 3 757's this winter (and not for ETOPS retrofit.) I guess that balances out though with the ETOPS 757's recently added. The "new boss" certainly can't throw the east people a bone without snatching it away post-haste.

What a tease that DP is! Next he'll be telling us that he's the last CEO USAirways will ever have! (Just like the CEO said two CEO's ago.)

The poster tries to compliment the US east and some people agree how great the east is, then....it turns out to be a west plane. Now that is funny. lol.

I love working those Airbii, they are nice aircrafts! Clean, nice, roomy.. love the new airplanes.. on US West.

oh, well that's awesome. I only assumed it was east metal because it was in the "new" US Airways livery. It was my first flight out east on America West from Phoenix. Although, I used to fly USAir out of Dallas to Charlotte .. back when it was USAir.. hehe.

Orlando-Phoenix is operated on the America West certificate with America West aircraft and flight crews.

The plane you flew on, an Airbus, was actually a newer America West (West Metal) plane. It has most likely been painted in the new US Airways Colors. A
There are only a few ways for non-employees to know what fleet they are flying on. 1) the registration number of the aircraft, and if you are familiar with the 2 different types of engines.

The uniforms would be another clue, but you have to be someone who notices details.

There are only a few ways for non-employees to know what fleet they are flying on. 1) the registration number of the aircraft, and if you are familiar with the 2 different types of engines.

The uniforms would be another clue, but you have to be someone who notices details.

Another would be the Power Ports in the Seats in the aircraft. West has none and East has it.

I also would say the amount of rows, don't think East changed any yet, not till next year from what I understand.

Latest posts

Back