Trip report - pretty amusing.

Sweety Dahling.........I used to live on US for 11 years and this message board (compare my member # to yours and when I joined). I know all too well about the abilities of the US front line personnel.

But you're not in PHL where most of my transactions used to take place when dealing with this issue being discussed. Hence why one of the benefits of having a Club membership is so you don't have to deal with an inexperienced gate agent or a gate agent that doesn't care.

So don't tell me I don't know when in fact I do know. I've been around a long time to witness the changes over the past 11 years that I spent living on US.
You know all about the employees abilities since the merger?? Rember the systems have changed!!!! Some employees have been trained properly, many others not. Some have the tools to do their jobs and again others do not. So, just maybe ,you dont know.. Just a thought.

You know all about the employees abilities since the merger?? Rember the systems have changed!!!! Some employees have been trained properly, many others not. Some have the tools to do their jobs and again others do not. So, just maybe ,you dont know.. Just a thought.

Yes, trvlr64, she is right except for one point. You do know, US is worse than it was during its darkest days during BK2. Stay away, stay far away.

My experience in PHL is that the agents walk around, as most employees do, with their badge facing their clothing. I've asked agents for their badge number and have been flatly refused that information. "I do not, I repeat, I do not have to give that information....okaaaay". And then try getting a supervisor or manager...they make you wait so long and you have a flight to catch so you can't wait around forever and then when you do speak to someone, they say, oh, sorry. you think they are going to go over to the agent and say something...yeah, if they want to get jumped in the parking lot.
I have no reason to doubt what you describe. I just wonder why you stay with US? I would never use the services of a company which treats me so poorly. I guess Im just puzzled as to why anyone would subject themselves to this type of treatment. There are other airlines. I know you feel management doesnt care and the employees and station personnel are horrible , so why stay? Just curious.

I have no reason to doubt what you describe. I just wonder why you stay with US? I would never use the services of a company which treats me so poorly. I guess Im just puzzled as to why anyone would subject themselves to this type of treatment. There are other airlines. I know you feel management doesnt care and the employees and station personnel are horrible , so why stay? Just curious.

I guess you mean stay, HERE because I no longer fly US. Why do I stay here, are you kidding, miss this freak show?

If you really feel that way then dont trvl US or if you feel that way and still trvl, you know what you are getting so why the gripe? Housewives in the desert? I guesss you're SO sophisticated but you're still giving US money? Who's the smart one here?

Well let's see - PHL to BDL - not alot of choice on how to fly that route other than this joke of an airline unless you want to connect via ORD, CVG or ATL! So - unfortunately every once in awhile I am forced to fly this travesty and endure the pain. Seems a smarter thing to endure US for a 35 minute flight rather than turn it in to a 4 hour trip just avoid enduring US.

And by the way - when I do have to suffer through a trip on US I book it on a UA code share - so not sure - but I'm guessing in that case most of the fare is going to UA as revenue and not to US. (Although not exactly sure how that revenue split works on code shares.)

So now who is the smart one here?

You are a mean bitter one aren't you?

If the travelers were Gold, Platinum, or Chairmans FF's then the gate agent can (and should) make the change since there is no charge for moving up to an earlier flight for these FF's.

If the gate has not taken control of the flight, anyone can print you a boarding pass, including Special Services....but if the gate has taken control of the flight, the gate is the only one who can give you a boarding pass.

If you are in the gate area and you want to move to an earlier flight you can also call Res, although you could be on hold for a while.

The Club, membership required, is a nice and efficient way to make changes to your itinarary.

There's more that one way to skin a cat. Just a suggestion.

Many of you are right about not having the necessary tools and authority to take care of our passengers the way we know we should and the way we want to. I cannot figure out for the life of me why AWA Management has to make every aspect of giving good customer service difficult and even impossible. We know what the customer needs and wants, PLEASE LISTEN TO US TEMPE'. WE WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. We're not going to give away the house, we just want to give these folks good service so they will come back. We want them to come back for the service as well as the low fares. PLEASE TEMPE', LISTEN TO US.

Well let's see - PHL to BDL - not alot of choice on how to fly that route other than this joke of an airline unless you want to connect via ORD, CVG or ATL! So - unfortunately every once in awhile I am forced to fly this travesty and endure the pain. Seems a smarter thing to endure US for a 35 minute flight rather than turn it in to a 4 hour trip just avoid enduring US.

And by the way - when I do have to suffer through a trip on US I book it on a UA code share - so not sure - but I'm guessing in that case most of the fare is going to UA as revenue and not to US. (Although not exactly sure how that revenue split works on code shares.)

So now who is the smart one here?

You are a mean bitter one aren't you?
If you CHOOSE to fly US than its not as bad as you say. I would rather chew glass than suffer such a travesty. Not sure how the revenue works on a codeshare? Does that make you smart? Just wondering.

Not sure how the revenue works on a codeshare? Does that make you smart? Just wondering.

Quick! How does revenue work on a codeshare? I know -- call the NASA rocket scientists in Houston. What??? They don't know how revenue works on a codeshare - does that mean they are not smart? Wait - Call the people running a wannabe major airline at below market- level wages in Tempe - they know - so they must be really smart!! Just wondering.

If you CHOOSE to fly US than its not as bad as you say. I would rather chew glass than suffer such a travesty. Not sure how the revenue works on a codeshare? Does that make you smart? Just wondering.

My point was - I didn't "CHOOSE" to fly US - I flew US because it was the only way to get from point A to point B on a particular route.

You are a mean nasty bitter one aren't you? Spending too much time in the sun out there in the desert?