No Connnecting Flight Info Onboard

Ewww. JetsettertoORD: You are like the person from the "other side" of the family that shows up to family reunions unannounced. Keep that blazer on ..... man boobs scare me.

:blink: :lol: Everything they touch! Did anyone think this would go off without a hitch? :lol: So please don't expect us to know anything about your connecting flights.

Date: Saturday, 9 February 2008 08:43 ET
To: Emc2-Newsc
Subject: Connections Lists

The Enhanced Preliminary and Final Reports were successfully activated
yesterday morning. Due to some technical issues, the Connections List on the
EFR is displaying the inbound connections versus the outbound connections.
Our IT department is seeking an immediate resolution to the problem.

Until the programming is corrected, please suspend announcing connecting
gates onboard. Please refer passengers to the Flight Information Screens in
the airport or to usairways.com on their wireless PDAs.

Thank you

And Your Posting Private CBS Messages On This Public Board For What Reason? Why Don't You Just Post All The New Hotels We Stay At When You Get It From CBS! What Are You Anyway? Oh I Know..A MORON :down:

Chime in the ATL commuter. I fly with you all the time and you are a decent Flight Attendant but on here you are a holy NIGHTMARE! It's a memo not a secure hotel secret with safety of crews involved. If you look back I asked moderators to close threads with that type of info. Now go back to Avondale, GA and calm down.

Chime in the ATL commuter. I fly with you all the time and you are a decent Flight Attendant but on here you are a holy NIGHTMARE! It's a memo not a secure hotel secret with safety of crews involved. If you look back I asked moderators to close threads with that type of info. Now go back to Avondale, GA and calm down.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Your Posting Private CBS Messages On This Public Board For What Reason? Why Don't You Just Post All The New Hotels We Stay At When You Get It From CBS! What Are You Anyway? Oh I Know..A MORON :down:
I would post our hotels in a public forum, but I am too embarrassed of the places we stay in.

This is not a big deal. No other airline announces connections,

Not 100% true. For example, flying AE into LGA or JFK, the connecting flight gates are usually read by the FA upon landing. Flying AA (from Europe to USA) the connecting flight gates were displayed on the seatback monitors (upon landing). On the other hand, when flying NW from several spoke cities into DTW, I don't believe the connecting flight gate info is ever announced.

Plus, the gates printed on our boarding passes are the same ones you're reading.

Not 100% true. Sometimes the gate has not been assigned yet to your connecting flight, so there is a blank on your boarding pass. This is especially true when flying from USA to Europe, the gate for your connecting flight (the next morning) is not yet known, and vice versa, flying from Europe to USA sometimes the gate for the connecting flight is not known yet. Some airlines will make the announcement, others will direct you to look it up yourself.

Connecting Flight Info is good to have onboard SHOULD a pax need further verification of their connex flight, but to have a F/A read connections to a multitude of destinations is RIDICULUS! Most experienced travellers know that the connex list is time sensitive and most airlines shuffle flights from gate-to-gate, concourse-to-concourse. I am more than willing to answer questions regarding a SPECIFIC Flight, but have never done a LIST with connections from A-Z. People do NOT want to hear that garble and prefer MINIMAL Announcements..........NOT listening to some BLOW BAG that wants to hear themselves speak. (Years ago on TransAtl, connections were done in English and the destination language..........it took almost 30 minutes of nonstop garble, and you still had some clown ring a callbell for additional information. Spare everyone THE HEADACHE.) It's COMMON SENSE.

WOW! Dude That Hurts!! :unsure: I'm Scarred For Life Now! :shock:

This is not a big deal. No other airline announces connections, and quite frankly I always hated listening to the long list when no one was really paying attention anyway. Plus, the gates printed on our boarding passes are the same ones you're reading. Now ... if you could get a real time feed from the ground and give us the gate changes, now that would be worth announcing!

Not so. At AA, we get an ACARS printout of the gate connections from the cockpit at 30 minutes or less from touchdown. We read out the connecting gates if there are any. In fact, when I fly #1, I read them again after landing if time permits--at some airports like STL, the taxi-in is too short if the list is long.

The problem has been solved with the connection list, right? Whether or not the connections should be read, this thread it pointless now.

Not so. At AA, we get an ACARS printout of the gate connections from the cockpit at 30 minutes or less from touchdown. We read out the connecting gates if there are any. In fact, when I fly #1, I read them again after landing if time permits--at some airports like STL, the taxi-in is too short if the list is long.

AA is in the minority. I'm also wondering how you do this given the cockpit door isn't supposed to be opened within 30 min of landing.

Back