A Manifest is Memo

We never had problems when we used this system on the East Side of the operation, what has changed?

And the numbers are ususally sent via acars after the plane has pushed, so it does not affect on-time performance, since the plane is off the gate.

We never had problems when we used this system on the East Side of the operation, what has changed?

And the numbers are ususally sent via acars after the plane has pushed, so it does not affect on-time performance, since the plane is off the gate.

You're living in the past and thinking of the "old" way, you know the way that doesnt work so we have to do it the "new" way, even though it doesnt work either, we came up with it..... :blink:
Our ops guy is refusing to say good for pushback on the numbers until the people have been reseated. They even pull the plane BACK TO THE GATE after pushback to get the numbers redone. Of course, with this new POS system ONLY the computer at the gate the plane left from is controlling the flight so someone has to go to that gate and redo the seats. No way to just move the people on the plane, they have to show in the computer that they are moved as well. Usually requires finding someone who worked the flight or a sup to go back to the gate and redo after dept. I would love to hear why all of a sudden the CLP/DECS system doesnt work when it's worked ever since the Sabre cutover all those many years ago. Whats changed? I heard it was some sort of fuel saving program that requires the customers in the back on lightly booked flights. Is this true or is there something else going on? Lets see if we can get this answered on FAQs this week to get it straight (if they can tell the truth) and not spin it.

I really can't see how this old DOS program from 1982 can work, we burn more fuel now waiting for those final "numbers" than we did when each station had there own weight and bal.

Lets see AA uses it the old US used it and had no problems what so ever.

Must be something on the west side of the operation.

Back