No Due Process in TWU

Here is the first page. Third paragraph is the first place to make it clear they're not invited.

image.jpg

Ok, so that didn't come out clear, but I think you can see where it says any pre-trustee member of the board who has not resigned are entitled to appear. The second page reinforces that. I'll try to post the whole thing. I only have an iPad at the moment.

Bogey said:
Ok, so that didn't come out clear, but I think you can see where it says any pre-trustee member of the board who has not resigned are entitled to appear. The second page reinforces that. I'll try to post the whole thing. I only have an iPad at the moment.
Dam apple products!

They have the audacity to bring up Financial Malpractice. They steal 15 percent of our stock to defend their own failures and they talk about Financial Malpractice WTF....
Good riddance twu

The TWU ATD spends our money for officers on cars, insurance, personal TWU pensions, inflated salaries, millions on a useless convention and they challenge a local on giving back money to their members?  this is after the International gets their share. 

I see, don't tell us how to spend your money on ourselves but we can tell you how not spend your money

Glad to see people have seen the light and are looking for alternative representation for themsleves

Chuck, that hits the nail on the head. That's what is going on.

Chuck Schalk said:
The TWU ATD spends our money for officers on cars, insurance, personal TWU pensions, inflated salaries, millions on a useless convention and they challenge a local on giving back money to their members?  this is after the International gets their share. 

I see, don't tell us how to spend your money on ourselves but we can tell you how not spend your money

Glad to see people have seen the light and are looking for alternative representation for themsleves
Good points. Also has any of us ever had a say in their salaries, cars or appointments?

Bogey said:
Here is the first page. Third paragraph is the first place to make it clear they're not invited.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

The message you posted is no different from what I said. Any member can attend the hearing. That’s why the time and place of the hearing was sent to all 541 and 542 members. All members are permitted to state their position on any issues in dispute and the former officers are no different. What the former officers can’t do is “appear” at the hearing as the representative of the Local to answer the charges against the Local, which led to the trusteeship. The term “appear” has the same meaning here as it does in court which in the dictionary means, is make an official appearance as in a court of law as a representative of a party to the proceedings.  The former officers forfeited that right when they resigned.

Personally I hope you attend and consider the evidence. The trusteeship I understand was based on the loss of the bulk of the locals assets based on spending that had nothing to do with representation. Maybe there’s an explanation of how spending half of the Local’s assets on gift certificates is consistent with fiduciary responsibility, but I’m glad I won’t have to come up with that answer at a hearing or before the Department of Labor.

Not sure where you are getting your information, but as of this writing, I, as a member, was not invited. The time and place was not provided to me.

The notice only addressed the former board.

I'll try to get the entire letter up.

And just answer me this. When a local hosts a picnic for its members and families, tell me what that has to do with representation? When a local buys hockey tickets for all members, tell me what that has to do with representation? Has your local ever given you anything? What local are you in? What international position do you hold?

dvlhog212 said:
Gee that's not surprising coming from the commie international. Good for you guys Bogey. Godspeed and good luck!
I have been trying to point out the communist way the TWA operates for years. Their belief that everyone should make the same regardless of skill, education, and job function is appalling. 

My local spends local dues on t shirts and calendars. They spend money on food and refreshments for monthly meetings. Let's not forget summer picnics for members and their families. They spend money on Christmas parties. They spend money on wrist watches and eagle statues for retiring members. Should I continue or is that enough for now?

Bogey said:
And just answer me this. When a local hosts a picnic for its members and families, tell me what that has to do with representation? When a local buys hockey tickets for all members, tell me what that has to do with representation?
The idea is it is supposed to promote bonding and friendship between the workers of American Airlines and their families in a relaxed atmosphere outside of "the job". 

Ahh, so my dues pays for bonding and friendship. I didn't know that.

Back