NO MERGER MAYBE LIQUIDATION.......

I can't completely guess as to another's thinking..but: I'll take "Wanton Hypocrisy" for a $1,000. It seems that AWA was the One True Messiah for all of US..and now?.."The Sky is Falling!..Oh Dear!"

That was my point. Thank you. Great minds think alike, you should be concerned about thinking like me EASTUS, it will ruin your image.

That was my point. Thank you. Great minds think alike, you should be concerned about thinking like me EASTUS, it will ruin your image.

"it will ruin your image." Zero frets on that sir...I'd first have to have one to "ruin" :lol:

And your point is what. ????
My point is you have posted messages in the past that puts management on a pedestal. Now you are warning others of management that would take advantage of its employees.

Why the change in attitude?

A buddy of mine sent me this link below. I not sure if it is just a highlight of previous news releases or a pending Bankruptcy filing :unsure: and I am certainly not paying the $45 dollar fee to find out.

LINK

zflygirl,

Your post links of doom and gloom. Yes times are bad. Yes LCC is in a financial bind. Yes consolidation this year with anyone looks like a lost cause. Yes the pilots and flight attendants haven't reached a combined CBA. That said. The collective minds at LCC still have the oportunity to succeed. The synergy DP stated at the merge still hasn't taken place to its fullest extent. The savings alone from the Pilots and F/A's saves the company better than 500 million a year given the 05 estimates. Fuel prices being what they are make that model obsolete. What you will see in the very near future is a complete change in the business model. One that reflects change and a realistic prospect for profit.

While I don't like the thought of more paycuts, work rule changes, etc... They will be coming along with layoffs... This to shrink the business model to a realistic state. You can't make money if your costs are not reflective to reality. And the reality is change will come again in the form of layoffs. DP will have to shrink to become profitable. Parking of A/C. Changing Hub cities to Focus cities. Droping unprofitable routes. This is all change. And it is coming.

Now it may sound that I am a doom and gloomer, and to some extent I probably am to a point. I do however feel that the real change will come in the next few months with a change in leadership to the company. I think the stockholders of this company will vote out it's present management. This includes DP and Kirby. Who will take their place is yet to be seen. But change is coming. LCC makes it money from the east not the west. The stockholders, the real stockholders...(institutions, mutual funds, bond holders, etc)will have to decide if the long term prospects of this company are viable. They are... The NY Shuttle alone can fetch 300 to 500 million alone. The PHL feed and the fact that it brings in 76% local traffic speaks volumes. The long term investers, not present management hold the future of LCC.

Watch and see... Change is inevitable... Whether we like it or not...

Just my opinion...

Keep on topic of future of US and let's stop picking on individual posters....NOW.

Also--a general reminder:

The posting of entire stories or articles on these boards without the express written permission of the publisher is a violation of both terms of service and copyright laws. Please refrain from doing that in future.

You MAY post the headline and lead, followed by a link, but we cannot allow the entire articles to be posted any more....in future they will be deleted.

Thank you.

This company is in a very difficult position right and the outlook is indeed somewhat grim. I don't know that the employees that post on this board really understand the magnitude of the high price of oil. The company will soon be making very tough decisions, decisions that will affect many people with the likelihood of assistance not so likely this time around.

Like I've said before, I'm retiring within the next 16 months and so much will change before then, as the company will begin to transform itself. If you haven't accepted the change yet, you better begin now.

This company is in a very difficult position right and the outlook is indeed somewhat grim.

Somewhat? You must be kidding. It is very grim. DL ran away. UA walked away. Your high yield customers are leaving. Employees are miserable.

Somewhat? You must be kidding. It is very grim. DL ran away. UA walked away. Your high yield customers are leaving. Employees are miserable.
Thank god we have a crack management team that knows how to handle these crisis situations, I'm not worried :lol:

Watch and see... Change is inevitable... Whether we like it or not...

Just my opinion...

I agree with your opinion. I also look at it this way: If oil keeps going up, and airlines finally charge what they need to to pay the bills, maybe less people will fly. Then those that do will be less crowded, get better service, and all of us can finally non-rev again!! :up:

Listening to what Parker and Kirby have been telling us, they seem quite nonchalant about the whole thing. So either they know something they are not willing to share with us - as in a plan "B" - or they are completely clueless and have risen far above their level of competency.

For the time being at least, I will continue to be cautiously optimistic that these two are not the industry version of Laurel and Hardy.

To paraphrase Rudyard Kipling...

If you can keep your head, when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You probably don't grasp the seriousness of the situation. :lol:

the employees that are miserable are the employees that vent on this board. You have allowed yourself to be influenced by a handful of people.

UWCactus: Lets do another morale survey and release the results! I dare ya ;) It would not be pretty. Just a few? I think not.

Latest posts

Back